11 coal
    12 goldenseal
    16 ginseng
    19 goldenseal
    6 wood
    8 coal pieces
    Which stockings type were these from?
  • Just some rough math:

My BEST extravagant = roughly 1000cr (Rounding up)

25 logosmas = Lets say 50cr per. (I had a logosmas = 300cr easy so 50 per is a nice low estimate) 25x50 = 1250cr (Rounding down and NOT counting gold/plat)

Throw in the extra gold/plat and the chance your extravagant isn't going to be worth 1k credits as that was good even by extravagant standards. Logosmas the best and safest option right now. Plus you get to spin that RNG wheel 30 times rather than 1 time for the same cost. Odds are you're going to do far better than 50cr per logosmas in the end.
  • I bought 20 of the regular stockings for $99.80. Aside from the various gold, herbs, commodities, etc I received:

- 7 figurines
    - 10ish(I didn't count them before I redeemed them) top hats.(~250cr)
    - A globe that was opened to find a dragonskin quiver. (100cr)
    - 50 humgii racing tickets which were turned into 298 credits at Sugardown fields.
    - Enough talismans(and a couple via trading) for the critical pendant. (200cr)
    - Various other talisman pieces: glyph, shovel, sea tear, air brooch, warblefish which were sold. (540)

Without adding the value for the critical pendant because I kept that for myself or the figurines because they cannot be sold, but including the top hat trade ins, quiver trade in, profits from humgii racing and I earned roughly 1070 credits so far. Far greater than what I would have bought in credits for the same price. Easily worth it for me, but I stress that I was lucky(no upgrade credits, etc), was able to turn my racing tickets into something profitable, and bought my stockings on the first day when everyone was buy up pieces in bulk.

• edited December 2017
    I think logosmas return is fair. Extravagant just need to return higher valued piece. 

When ppl buy logosmas, many expect comparison with credits worth. 

Ppl buying extravagant are of different segment. These ppl are highly likely already have most of the random arties included in the drop, hence when they get extravagant they are going to expect completing the higher end talismans. Just different needs or priority. Not saying they aren't going to look at credits worth.
  • Reading some of these posts it kind of seems like part of the issue is that the lower tier stockings are far too good.
  • edited December 2017
    Antonius said:
    Reading some of these posts it kind of seems like part of the issue is that the lower tier stockings are far too good.
    I think what @Dochitha said is true. Logosmas is fair as you can still bust on them and get less than 10cr value. We are giving bulk numbers here. 1 Logosmas is hit or miss. 20+ is great because usually sooner or later you get an ace.

The extravagants are another issue. Lets face it, like Doch said, people buying these have cash. Which means they have the arties already, they want to finish some high end new talisman. They aren't buying them for a l1 crit pendant, they aren't buying them to make gold/credits in game. They are buying them because its suggested in the scrolls they will get the high end hard to find piece they need. Look back at the 5 extravagant I posted, 4 shackle pieces and 3 mud pieces? I mean i could just go buy a full shackle of garash and have some credits left over for the same price as an extravagant. Why would I pay the same price for 1/4th of the shackle?

Even if logosmas are toned down 25% across the board, still going to be worth it to get 25 (+5 gold/plat!!) over 1 extravagant.

RNG You're talking 30 spins of the roulette wheel vs 1 spin.

This isn't even taking into account all the extra little stuff you're going to get that can = more RNG, humgii tickets, a chance at the jackpot stocking that pops up now and then. If you're thrifty and wait until you see the OOC we are approaching a super stocking within 50 msg, then open all your 25 stocking a minute after your odds are exponentially higher than the guy opening his 1 extravagant then. Just so many ways its a better option.

• If extravagant is 1000 credits and 5 (plus a bonus, worth double on average) for $649, that would be 3137 credits worth with a 40% bonus.

So you'll get ~7000 credits, or more than a 300% bonus compared to buying credits.

Even if an extravagant is only 500 credits, that is still a 150% bonus.

That is a better return than globes by a large margin, and globes were already the best value promotion.

• Cooper said:
    If extravagant is 1000 credits and 5 (plus a bonus, worth double on average) for $649, that would be 3137 credits worth with a 40% bonus.

So you'll get ~7000 credits, or more than a 300% bonus compared to buying credits.

Even if an extravagant is only 500 credits, that is still a 150% bonus.

That is a better return than globes by a large margin, and globes were already the best value promotion.
    @Cooper the 1000cr extravagant was my best. They aren't all going to = that. Look at the extravagants I posted. Not worth 1k credits. I most assuredly did not get even close to 7000 credits with my 6. I didn't even break 3k credits with those 5. You're basing that math wrong.
  • @Bonji : mine were regular low tier
  • edited December 2017
    You have been awarded with The clasp for a brooch of the tempest talisman piece!
    You open a fancy stocking and find a globe of shifting continents and a group of 26 valerian leaves inside!

You have been awarded with The flame for a fire pendant talisman piece!
    You open a fancy stocking and find a phial of shimmering permanent ink and a group of 7 steel bars inside!

You have been awarded with The chain for a fire pendant talisman piece!
    You open a fancy stocking and find a fire pendant and a group of 6 steel bars inside!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 22 credits!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2610 gold sovereigns, a group of 11 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!

I didn't already have a crit pendant, so that was a really good deal, even though I didn't get any good talisman pieces.
    Edit: Although right now I can buy a fire pendant for less than redeem value, so it doesn't actually make a difference whether I had one or not, I'd count the value the same either way.
  • Is there any point in buying stockings if I won't be able to log in for more than like 10 days in december?
  • edited December 2017
    Rangor said:
    Is there any point in buying stockings if I won't be able to log in for more than like 10 days in december?
    They're single use, so yes. You hang them, they get filled, you open them and they're gone.
  • I got.....

You have been awarded with The setting for a fire pendant talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The binding for an Air Elemental talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The essence for an Air Elemental talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The setting for a fire pendant talisman piece!

You have been awarded with The stopper for a phial of some tears of the sea talisman piece!

• That is a good pull if those were normal stockings. 

• Cooper said:
    That is a good pull if those were normal stockings. 
    They were, waiting on my platinum now. I don't know how much to sell them (or trade, since Rom suggested saving the firependant stuff and trying to trade one of my doubles for a different piece) for, though. 

If you guys know anyone buying for a fair price, send them my way. 
  • I usually look at it like this:

Each piece should redeem for 25 credits (200/8), tradein value on a 200 credit artefact would be 133 credits (400/3), so 34.25 credits each, so a reasonable price would be somewhere between those numbers if you only have one or two pieces to sell.
  • I traded in my fire pendant for 133 credits and bought 4 fire pendant pieces for 30 credits each, it cost me 120 unbound credits for 13 more bound, but it was worth it for my purposes. I thought it was a fair price!
  • Bought 10 more normal ones, sa'cause.

1 Essence of Air Elemental (7 redeem)
    2 Cyclone of Air Elemental (7 redeem) (14cr)
    1 Lightning of Air Elemental (7 redeem)
    3 Setting of Brooch Tempest (18 redeem) (54 cr)
    1 Clasp of Brooch Tempest (18 redeem)
    1 Hingesg of warblefish Jawbone (25 redeem)
    1 Jewel for Fire Pendant (25 redeem)
    1 flame for Fire Pendant (25 redeem)

4 ice figurine
    3 Top hat (48cr)

30 Humgii Tickets

15 seftonium
    15 Lucrescent nuts

27 rope pieces
    53 coal pieces
    56 wood pieces
    34 steel pieces

52 bloodroot
    83 ginseng
    56 lobelia
    45 goldenseal
    95 valerian

9533 gold

Thinking about making the air elemental, and maybe the fire pendant. Not too bad. If I redeemed everything it would net me 223 credits. So not a huge income like my first 5, but still making $50 turn into 223, instead of it costing me $78 without a bonus is still worth it really. Still pretty happy with this promo, I have 2 gold and a platinum one to open as well

• Some people thought I was hating on the promo. Let me clarify: This promo is GREAT! Very worth it. I feel like I got a great return on all my spending. I just personally feel I'm getting more return on logosmas vs extravagant was all. I'll be grabbing up several more bundles before the month is over for sure, they will just be lots of Logosmas ones!
  • The chains for a shackle of Garash talisman piece!

10 Humgii betting tickets
    14 valerian leaves
    23 lobelia seeds
    33 bloodroot leaves

The hinge for a warblefish's jawbone talisman piece

10 Lucrescent nuts
    5 balls of seftonium
    1471 gold sovereigns
    11 coal pieces
    22 ginseng roots
    22 goldenseal roots
    27 ginseng roots
    6 steel bars
    8 coal pieces

The essence for an Air Elemental talisman piece!

featureless ice figurine
    1166 gold sovereigns
    22 goldenseal roots
    24 goldenseal roots

The lightning for an Air Elemental talisman piece!

featureless ice figurine
    a wooden box of parts
    1698 gold sovereigns
    12 steel bars, a group of 22 bloodroot leaves
    28 ginseng roots
    8 coal pieces

The chain for a fire pendant talisman piece!
    24 lobelia seeds
    6 coal pieces

Were these good? I'm a new soul (kinda) and I've never done logosmas before. I have no idea if these were good or not.
  • Acton said:
    The chains for a shackle of Garash talisman piece!

14 valerian leaves
    23 lobelia seeds
    33 bloodroot leaves

The hinge for a warblefish's jawbone talisman piece

10 Lucrescent nuts
    5 balls of seftonium
    1471 gold sovereigns
    11 coal pieces
    22 ginseng roots
    22 goldenseal roots
    27 ginseng roots
    6 steel bars
    8 coal pieces

The essence for an Air Elemental talisman piece!

featureless ice figurine
    1166 gold sovereigns
    22 goldenseal roots
    24 goldenseal roots

The lightning for an Air Elemental talisman piece!

featureless ice figurine
    a wooden box of parts
    1698 gold sovereigns
    12 steel bars, a group of 22 bloodroot leaves
    28 ginseng roots
    8 coal pieces

The chain for a fire pendant talisman piece!
    24 lobelia seeds
    6 coal pieces

Were these good? I'm a new soul (kinda) and I've never done logosmas before. I have no idea if these were good or not.
    Yes they are. Humgii has average return of at least 2 cr per. Ice figurine is worth 50 cr. Nuts are worth 2cr of you trade in. Not to mention the pieces you got. Definitely good pull!
  • How do you tradein the nuts?
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    promo tradein <nut>
  • edited December 2017
    Dochitha said:

Yes they are. Humgii has average return of at least 2 cr per. Ice figurine is worth 50 cr. Nuts are worth 2cr of you trade in. Not to mention the pieces you got. Definitely good pull!
    What would you say the pieces are worth? Absolutely no idea about talismans or how they work or how much they're valued at.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    The TALISMAN REDEEM value for any piece, is the completed artefact's value (Announce #4844), divided by the number of constituent pieces, multiplied by 0.5.

For instance, the completed shackle is 600cr, and takes 4 pieces to make, so 600 / 4 * 0.5 = 75cr in redeem for a single shackle piece.
  • Comparing my first 30 stockings to my last...a lot, I either got -extremely- lucky at the beginning, or the regular stockings have been adjusted downward.

• edited December 2017
    Cooper said:
    Comparing my first 30 stockings to my last...a lot, I either got -extremely- lucky at the beginning, or the regular stockings have been adjusted downward.
    Same.
  • Me: Can you confirm that logomas stockings were unchanged?
    @Makarios: Confirmed! Just extravagant ones.
  • As purchase rates go down the stocking payouts do tend to get less crazy (same with globes) as there are bonus stocking rarities at open thresholds.