The ongoing Yggdrasil event

Comments

• JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited December 2017
    Makarios said:
    It has some drawbacks the artefact doesn't (can't be used paralysed, loses entourage and has an equilibrium cost, for starters).

Regardless, something being an artefact doesn't preclude us from adding it to a skill as a general rule. There are some exceptions to that rule of course.
    The differences put my mind at ease. I don't really care that other people can get it, or that they get it for free via random chance. It was more that I was feeling a bit shortchanged because I thought (for a brief moment) that I had spent money on something and could now just get it for free as a skill.

Yes, the option to bash, trade, or quest up the gold for credits was always there,  but it's a bit different when you are questing for a whole new race/class combo rather than just one artie with one function.

Eta: I hope that that makes sense in some way or another.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Climbing Yggdrasil's trunk
    You see exits leading up and down.

You hurl yourself forwards through the air, and sure enough a swirling vortex of colours springs
    into existence to swallow you.
    The wormhole spits you out at the other end.

Outside the Cave (road).

The surroundings are dry and without moisture, a fact evident even in the dim morning light. A
    symmetrical leather tent is constructed here, providing shelter against the elements.
    You see exits leading southwest and northwest.

worm warp
    There is no wormhole here.

----

Well...then

• I fell for that too.  I think they changed the rooms with the make over, so the wormhole now leads nowhere
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Yeah, I made all those. When they closed the embassy it started routing me there. I haven't gotten around to canceling it yet. 

• I'll do it tonight if they're still there and I find them

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Antidas said:
    I'll do it tonight if they're still there and I find them
    Last I checked embassy was a different continent. Not sure if it was ever fixed.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Wicella said:
    Got Lolstomped by the deserter denizen T__T Idk how unartied people are gonna do this, I've been getting my butt whooped by most things and am a dragon.

Overall super cool though, the areas are hugeeeee. I just don't know if the xp is worth the amount losing from dying repeatedly.
    Right before I saw you at the gates of the Fire Camp, I got roflstomped by some random elemental, just for walking by. Being a non-dragon in these areas is going to catch up to me reeeeeeeeaaaaal quick!
  • edited December 2017
    Wicella said:
    Got Lolstomped by the deserter denizen T__T Idk how unartied people are gonna do this, I've been getting my butt whooped by most things and am a dragon.

Overall super cool though, the areas are hugeeeee. I just don't know if the xp is worth the amount losing from dying repeatedly.
    The issue with the deserter mob, at least the fire plane one, is that he is Loyal to the fire plane  (the irony...), and upon attacking him the loyals around him will jump to his defense. I've made the admin aware of this strangeness.

Edit: There is a way around this current problem though. Not sure if im allowed to say here if others want to figure it out.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    The loyalty was already fixed last time I looked.
  • Krypton said:
    The loyalty was already fixed last time I looked.
    I attempted to take him on abooout 12 hours ago...not sure if it is fixed now
  • is it possible to do something about the spawn rates of quest items needed to advance? at least just for the early stages when and where everyone is competing for the same items in the beginning phases of the reputation grind?
    spread positivity
  • I'd assume so, but do the Elemental Lords have their own set of battlerage abilities?
  • I am starting to have a huge problem with a lot of the fights I am finding in the Earth content and questline.

A lot of these fights are challenging, yes, but they're literally only challenging because the mobs are hitting a dragon for high damage and triple loki at an attack balance of roughly 1.5 seconds. That or it's a double leg break+prone+stun at 1.5 second balance, with comparable damage.

As such, all of these things feel identical and none of these fights feel challenging in a good way. It's almost all just straight up "Is the RNG on the twice-per-gut triple loki attack gonna screw me this time?"

Mother Scorpent, the wandering Murder Elemental, etc.
  • I had no issue tanking the mother scorpent in lesser form on Milabar, it was mainly just an issue of keeping everyone else alive in the room with defend.  I guess passive curing as a Paladin has it's perks.  

Great overall event.  Gonna hit Earth up first since @Nyneve wanted that first then switch to Fire later after she's got Lord status
  • edited December 2017

I could almost tank the mother scorpent with shield upkeep and spamming chrono rewind, with a dragon gutting. I feel like a dragon should have no issue if they're artefacted, personally.

Round 2 where @Milabar was the MVP with clutch defends was much easier, though.

• I forgot to mention at the time I was doing all the first part without full plate on.  It wasn't until I bursted that I noticed it.  I have a bad habit of doing that.  But it got done and willing to help anyone else needing to get that done.  :) 

It's really not that bad.  I think Mila's only at 7400 health with runes in lesser.  
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    We got it the first time >.>
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    edited December 2017
    Milabar said:

It's really not that bad.  I think Mila's only at 7400 health with runes in lesser.  
    So high health relative to most non-dragons, gotcha, and above what I have in lesser with runes :D

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Milabar said:
    I forgot to mention at the time I was doing all the first part without full plate on.  It wasn't until I bursted that I noticed it.  I have a bad habit of doing that.  But it got done and willing to help anyone else needing to get that done.  :) 

Only?? So. Lvl 109 here with level 2 belt and bracelet and even with runes as a con speccd satyr I'm not even close to that.

I like the hunting challenge but the sheer affliction rate of pretty much everything new these days is getting beyond a joke. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • @Telendrieth Yes, EL has its own battlerages and you can even pick a new list of traits for it!

<3 
  • Mathilda said:
    @Telendrieth Yes, EL has its own battlerages and you can even pick a new list of traits for it!

Oooh, I want to know all the thiiings. I'm having a horrible time choosing because the darn garden made them all so cool. -shakes fist at Nicola, Makarios, and Ictinus -
  • Sobriquet said:
    Milabar said:
    I forgot to mention at the time I was doing all the first part without full plate on.  It wasn't until I bursted that I noticed it.  I have a bad habit of doing that.  But it got done and willing to help anyone else needing to get that done.  :) 

Only?? So. Lvl 109 here with level 2 belt and bracelet and even with runes as a con speccd satyr I'm not even close to that.

I like the hunting challenge but the sheer affliction rate of pretty much everything new these days is getting beyond a joke. 
    I have about 7.8k with runes as Bard, that goes up to about 8.5k with Aria, then over 12.5k with full cape stacks. No idea how possible it is to stack cape there though. Satyr really doesn't help though due to the low starting con. If I reincarnated to dwarf I would have a lot more.
  • Antonius said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Milabar said:

I have about 7.8k with runes as Bard, that goes up to about 8.5k with Aria, then over 12.5k with full cape stacks. No idea how possible it is to stack cape there though. Satyr really doesn't help though due to the low starting con. If I reincarnated to dwarf I would have a lot more.
    Just goes to show how far we've come, when 7400 health in lesser form is considered low.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Sobriquet said:
    Antonius said:
    Sobriquet said:
    Milabar said:

Just goes to show how far we've come, when 7400 health in lesser form is considered low.

That's pretty standard health for a physical character with level 3s since the inception of traits. The big thing that always brought people's health down in the past was having to be rajamala or mhun for the fast balance options, which got traded for a resistance debuff when superceeded by nimble/quick whitted.

I don't think that's low at all though, that's very high because of said level 3s.

• I do not think you know what the word "only" means. 

• I tanked mother scorpent with dor touch shield up, that bitch hurts
  • Can also fly! The nest itself is outdoors.
     <3 
  • Stop bragging. My 3.7k HP is good enough. :(