Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Lagua and you.

ArmaliArmali Posts: 898Member, Secret Squirrel ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
When disemboweling, the game only checks your RIGHT HAND for a runeblade. It doesn't check your left hand.

SnB knights, wield your sword in your right hand when you dsb.

2h knights, swap out your bastard for a shortsword and wield it in your right hand.

DWC knights, you're good. Rock on.

That's all.
DochithaShirszaeExelethril

Comments

• AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,242Member @@ - Legendary Achaean

Nice to finally know what's causing it. This seems like a bug that should be fixed pretty much immediately, people shouldn't need to do weird shit with wielding weapons to work around it.

ShirszaeExelethril
  • SobriquetSobriquet Posts: 1,692Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    This is interesting. Not in game now to check, but why should I DSB with a shortsword instead of my bastard? I assume because 2H doesn’t register as being wielded in a particular hand? 

Would it realistically make a difference?

Also, as Antonius said, this needs to be fixed ASAP. 
  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,174Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
     What kind of monster doesn't wield their weapon in their right hand? 

CailanShirszaeLucianusTelendrieth
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,242Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sobriquet said:
    This is interesting. Not in game now to check, but why should I DSB with a shortsword instead of my bastard? I assume because 2H doesn’t register as being wielded in a particular hand? 

Would it realistically make a difference?

Also, as Antonius said, this needs to be fixed ASAP. 
    Two handed weapons are wielded in both hands, so they don't count as left or right. You don't need a proficiency to impale as far as I know so it doesn't have to be a shortsword. Any one-handed sword that can be turned into a runeblade would work.
    Sobriquet
  • VulmarVulmar Posts: 9Member
    I find it odd that the game uses the right hand weapon for disembowel when it as far as I'm aware it will use your left arm first in every case I know of. Fairly certain the sword in the left hand comes first when dsling.
  • SenaSena Posts: 3,849Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Antonius said:
    Two handed weapons are wielded in both hands, so they don't count as left or right.
    In a lot of cases two-handed things seem to be wielded in the left hand. For an easy to see example, they show up in your left hand on II.
  • ShirszaeShirszae Caer WitrinPosts: 2,823Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I am torn between just hoping this gets fixed quickly or write a workaround to it that I'll have to delete after.

@Makarios

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• RegiRegi Posts: 30Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    been wielding my shortsword in my right hand and tower in left for aesthetic purposes this whole fucking time  B)

Caelan
  • RegiRegi Posts: 30Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    nope, backward, I was always left handing the shortsword. Fuck me sideways
    ShirszaeTelendriethTysandrCaelan
  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 4,130Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Wield shield sword ftw. I’m right handed irl, always seemed practical to me. 

You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • AccipiterAccipiter Posts: 263Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Atalkez said:
    Wield shield sword ftw. I’m right handed irl, always seemed practical to me. 
    Also I like to think that it is easier to put on a shield without holding a sword than to draw a sword while wielding a shield.
    Atalkez
  • ExelethrilExelethril moar theta decayPosts: 3,123Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Thanks for solving this, @Armali. I've apparently been left-wielding since.. the implementation of SnB :/ 

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,123Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Thanks for solving this, @Armali. I've apparently been left-wielding since.. the implementation of SnB :/ 
    And you are killing everyone without lagua...
Sign In to Comment.