Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

If you could delete one skill, what would it be?

XadenXaden Posts: 2,074Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
edited November 14 in North of Thera
Inspired by a few recent discussions. Options are my personal peeves that I know are shared by various others. Keep it to skills, not artefacts.

If you could delete one skill, what would it be? 65 votes

Evade
9%
DaeirAmranuXadenTorinnIssamSolnir 6 votes
Touch Web
15%
AntidasExelethrilMelodieJonathinSidoniaAtalkezFarrahDevranMathildaTysandr 10 votes
Grove Summon
3%
TaryiusXias 2 votes
Radiance
21%
TreyJarrodSobriquetAsmodronAdaMorthifAccipiterAegothHuraiShaydeSirrionCyrZackeryEudemus 14 votes
Displace
0%
Piety
6%
CaliraLeviticusHerutarTaryius 4 votes
Gravehands
12%
AlstonShirszaeKayeilSneijderKayleElipiseAralayaSalisa 8 votes
Other (specify in comments)
32%
AchillesPeakAntoniusPenwizeAlrenaDochithaSaevaAustereCrixosYselaMindshellAnzeKythraKeorinMinifieNazihkKoganTelinusReysonAlyxeri 21 votes

Comments

• KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaPosts: 2,156Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Where's ret?
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
  • NazihkNazihk Posts: 740Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Retardation.

It's a zero-cost one-button ability that's boring in 1v1 and which turns group fights into ugly zero-skill clusterfucks. 
  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 4,045Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Touch Web
    Nazihk said:
    Retardation.

It's a zero-cost one-button ability that's boring in 1v1 and which turns group fights into ugly zero-skill clusterfucks. 
    Disagree with the bolded. Takes skill to continue to fight in retardation, imo.

You hug Aurora compassionately.
    PrytheAntidasAchilles
  • ReysonReyson Posts: 276Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I think I'd get rid of the no-prep-required health-based instant kills! 

But if we're talking about reworks, not just straight up axing them out of the game, I'd like tzantza, petrify, and enlighten to have tougher reqs. 
    Saeva
  • XadenXaden Posts: 2,074Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Evade
    Can't believe I forgot ret :(
  • KietKiet Posts: 2,141Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited November 14
    xaden ruins things yet again :angry:
    CaelanHalos
  • MinifieMinifie Posts: 1,044Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Retato
    Hataru has been slain by the might of Wheezie Goosie.
  • AsmodronAsmodron Posts: 2,094Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Radiance
    One 'skill'?

Puppetry....Give jesters something unique

One 'ability'?

Out of the ones I loathe....Radiance...I utterly detest the concept of this ability...
  • SobriquetSobriquet Posts: 1,624Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Radiance
    Radiance. Totally risk free one button kill opportunity. Zero skill, zero risk, maximum annoyance. 
    AsmodronAntidasAdaAchilles
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,193Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Nazihk said:
    Retardation.

I literally just rewrote parts of my system last week to (hopefully) handle retardation better, so I'd sort of hate for all of that effort to be wasted.

Honestly, I'd rather get rid of Aeon (both Tarot and Aeonics) than Retardation. Retardation is annoying but affects everybody equally. Aeon in group fights (especially when triggered on burst) is one of the most rage-inducing things left in the game though.
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,259Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Evade
    I'd be down for deleting radiance. Just gimme area wide mind crush back.
  • SobriquetSobriquet Posts: 1,624Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Radiance
    Daeir said:
    I assume you're trolling here
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,259Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Evade
    Sobriquet said:
    Daeir said:
    I assume you're trolling here
    Yep. Dunno what they'd replace radiance with though. Would be interesting to think about.
  • SolnirSolnir Posts: 362Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Evade
    Fuck evade.
    XiasTorinnHalosXaden
  • AlyxeriAlyxeri Posts: 262Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited November 14
    Not so much delete, but I'd prefer if stuff like gravehands/piety etc stopped firing off when the people who placed them were no longer in the room. Or, in the very least, not within like a 2-room radius of them.

If I had to choose something though, it'd probably be vitals-based instakills. Not just health ones, but mana ones too. I'd rather stuff like dictate/absolve/incinerate/etc have actual requirements beyond "lol they got hit for half their health/mana in a group, go kill them" - and I don't mean 'actual requirements' like being prone a la crescent kick, more like dismember requiring them be trussed and impaled. Brokenstar would probably be in the list too, even though BM isn't nearly as obnoxious. They already have the tools to be able to have 'fun' requirements for the kill, as opposed to just 'lel bleeding'
  • SaevaSaeva Posts: 1,841Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I would want to see forced commands disappear. Being able to force anyone to do any command at any time time for any reason, has always really bothered me. Dpepthswalker is now the most annoyingly offender.

Asmodron
  • AralayaAralaya Posts: 550Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Gravehands
    Gravehands.

Tecton-Today at 6:17 PM

teehee b.u.t.t. pirates
  • TaryiusTaryius Posts: 301Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Piety
    I don't know how I did it but I ended up voting for two things that I wasn't super serious about, Piety and Grove Summon.

So I guess my stance is remove all of them? Yeah that. 
  • XadenXaden Posts: 2,074Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Evade
    You broke it :(
    Taryius
  • ShirszaeShirszae Caer WitrinPosts: 2,788Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Gravehands
    I hate things like gravehands/piety/distort, but I am not sure I'd actually want them deleted. Not a fan of ret either.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,098Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Right now distort or aeon would be my choice. I forgot to classlead distort having a counter like gravehands/piety do and it has been annoying me a lot.

• PenwizePenwize Posts: 1,237Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aeon's balanced for 1v1 but absurdly powerful in groups.  I dislike that ret is an ability that so heavily favors those who spend the time to write an entire second combat+curing system.  If I had to pick, it'd be ret, but ideally both of them could be replaced.
  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 4,045Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Touch Web
    I mean, that’s putting it a bit strong. I don’t have an entirely different curing system or offense. I have aliases that queue stuff, unless ret variable then I just send regular. I let SS handle my curing for me. IMO, isn’t that difficult to adjust to. If anything it cuts the power of automation pretty significantly, unless you took the time to script every single possible scenario in retardation, which is.....a lot.

You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • AegothAegoth Posts: 2,165Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Radiance
    yea, coding for ret takes about 2 seconds.. just add one simple if statement to your attacks, bam. Then it jist becomes a matter of practicing in it and devising tactics that can be used to the greatest effect
    Antidas
  • AlrenaAlrena Posts: 559Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Definitely Aeon. It's annoyingly easy in groups and it doesn't matter how good someone is once they get aeoned in a group fight, they're dead. 

I don't agree Ret takes a significant amount of skill, since the simple plans work best there, but I also don't think it's such a huge problem that it should be deleted. Maybe it should auto-muffle if the Magi leaves the room for longer than 5 seconds, though.
    Dochitha
  • MathildaMathilda Posts: 564Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Touch Web
    My ret 'system' is literally pause system, curing off, gut person aconite :D
     <3 
    TorinnCaelanAntidasAsmodron
  • XiasXias Posts: 86Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Grove Summon
    Grove Summon. It throws off my sense of direction hardcore, and usually leads to me getting mollywhopped by the casting group.

Sure, it can be countered by having your party follow you but only if everyone is quick to the draw.

I'd take Gravehands or Radiance any day.
Sign In to Comment.