Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Raiding Mechanics

1235»

Comments

• AlrenaAlrena Posts: 564Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Makarios said:
    My inclination here is less that retardation needs sweeping changes and more that we just made it a bit too safe to use with the hard LoS into retardation adjustments.
    While that may be true, reversing the LoS changes would give you Team Bonko situations again with delph snipes from adjacent, as well as still making it all the worse for whichever team did not drop ret (or wasn't ready for it either way).

I don't recall in the past that LoS was very useful in dropping retardation by killing the magi, rather it was usually used BY the magi and pals to pick out those who could dampen it, or other high priority targets. Won't solve any of the aforementioned issues, methinks, just put us a step back again.
  • RangorRangor Posts: 2,904Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Retardation ain't so bad. Just another layer most people don't have experience dealing with. Could use better counters. For example if I get up and dampen, it never gets retardation first. 
    Antidas
  • TeshaTesha Posts: 2,804Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Makarios I think there are lots of LoS that aren't stopped by ret. Arrows are just about the only thing I can think of that isn't. Breathstream, soulspear, lightning, choke, crush, doppleganger. 

Ret's being used a lot more now than it was a few months ago, so I think there will be a bit of a learning curve for people who don't fight in it often enough to adjust as rapidly as people who fight in it daily.

i'm a rebel

• KoganKogan Posts: 355Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    While I'd agree there is a learning curve for fighting in it period. Prop/sweep/trample/fly for free/holo should not be a thing and requires 0 prior knowledge to execute in my opinion. You could literally tell someone to dor just about all of those and be effective to a decent extent. Sure I can quake to remove the prop. Line of sight changes don't really fix this since most groups wait to drop ret in their room and keep it  adjacent. Not to mention its normally rooms where there is one room in LoS, the adjacent one, and no other way to force the fight but to get adjacent or fly in. Can now suppress from adjacent and cube I suppose, but it still doesn't address that I can't even risk entering the room unless we want to see who can cheese the fastest. I think the problem does boil down to ret needing sweeping changes to how other abilities work inside of it. I don't think any amount of line of sight changes will fix this. As raiders already have the advantage of being able to pick the room, and can pick one where line of sight is going to result in me getting delphed out and not them. 
  • AegothAegoth Posts: 2,194Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    just make ret apply hatred. Bam, done. Next argument please
    Aegoth said:
    just make ret apply hatred. Bam, done. Next argument please
    Bring back the Aegoth of March 2016. :P

http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/4597/retardation
  • TaryiusTaryius Posts: 322Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Changes to retardation are probably necessary, and I think tailsweep should be the target for these changes but very recent updates have added more counterplay then before.

Now that reverb can be dampened from adjacent and cubes thrown you can actually move adjacent to the entrenched ret team and attempt line of sight or concussion beckon.

Unlike before where the mage could drop ret adjacent, then when the opposing team moved they wouldn't be able to block before getting beckoned.
    Kogan
    Taryius said:
    Changes to retardation are probably necessary, and I think tailsweep should be the target for these changes but very recent updates have added more counterplay then before.

Now that reverb can be dampened from adjacent and cubes thrown you can actually move adjacent to the entrenched ret team and attempt line of sight or concussion beckon.

Unlike before where the mage could drop ret adjacent, then when the opposing team moved they wouldn't be able to block before getting beckoned.
    They could if outdoors via fly/block then landing after blocking. Regardless. If at any point we enter each others room the first one to tailsweep wins. Thats it. Fight over. Its a shit mechanic. I know you're not disagreeing with that, but I don't think the counterplay to ret should be line of sight only. Then they could just rush your room drop ret and we're back to who lands the first tailsweep/trample. 
    Taryius
  • FarrahFarrah Posts: 1,541Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Not to mention LoS is stupid and boring. :(
  • NazihkNazihk Posts: 785Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Farrah said:
    I am pretty sure that I've seen you post that lack of LoS makes other IRE games stupid and boring.
    Farrah
  • FarrahFarrah Posts: 1,541Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited November 20
    Nazihk said:
    Farrah said:
    I am pretty sure that I've seen you post that lack of LoS makes other IRE games stupid and boring.

Lack of melee because your only option is "don't enter the room" isn't what I meant!

(And my comment wasn't about lack of LoS but lack of totems, ret, etc., to which ranged attacks are only one counter of many!)
  • IakimenIakimen Posts: 81Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Tesha said:
    @Makarios I think there are lots of LoS that aren't stopped by ret. Arrows are just about the only thing I can think of that isn't. Breathstream, soulspear, lightning, choke, crush, doppleganger. 

Handaxes are stopped u fool.
  • RangorRangor Posts: 2,904Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Iakimen said:
    Tesha said:

Handaxes are stopped u fool.
    Lightning too.
  • CailanCailan Posts: 143Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited November 26
    Just type pray for salvation and get ahead of it

Edit: Embrace death***
    Prythe
1235»
Sign In to Comment.