• Tahquil said:
    -Slurps on another mouthful of 90c instant ramen-

That's real fucking neato.
    Is this some fancy upper class ramen? Better be for NINETY cents
  • Luxury Ramen: $1.80
    Fancy Ramen: $0.90
    Poor Ramen: $0.15 <-- mine.

• Ramen + some frozen vegetables = yay

• I use cheapo packet ramen as noodles in chicken and vegetable stir fry. Just be sure to throw out the flavour packet!
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I know the heir of a huge ramen company, supposedly the packaging cost more than noodles.  Gauging by his bankroll and cars its a lucrative business.
  • I can attest that the fancy stuff is yummy, but still needs some veggies/shrooms/shrimp to make it spectacular.

• top ramen best ramen
  • You don't have real ramen?
  • I have to agree, this round, the promo math is totally out. Is not 20% to 200% like the announce post advertised. It's probably going to average out less than non-promo non-elite...
  • Leviticus said:
    Purchased 120 races caches. Trade in was 2.8K, kept the good ones and completed the ones I did have even if they were lame.

120 race caches is going to set you back $1100 (4 of the 30 bundles at $275 each), if you'd have spent that at the base credit rate with no bonus your walking away with just under 4k credits (I think you can afford the extra $20 to get that bundle).. I cant confirm your maths without the list of pieces or knowing if that excluded items that you kept, but thats a horrible return. I cant see any value in any bundle except the pure random ones (the cheapest and most tedious option).

@Makarios @Nicola are you sure this promotion is working as intended?
  • The intended 40% bonus is based off of completing a talisman and trading it in, not on pieces. There is the expectation that you find the pieces you need from others, or buy enough off the website.

I believe it is working as intended, it just doesn't have the same value as globes do. 

• Cooper said:
    The intended 40% bonus is based off of completing a talisman and trading it in, not on pieces. There is the expectation that you find the pieces you need from others, or buy enough off the website.

I believe it is working as intended, it just doesn't have the same value as globes do. 

I doubt that would be the case, because only a small percentage of the population would be interested in the promotion (someone like me, who cant even gets close to any bonus by doing exactly that).  Even if it was, its destined to fail because unless your desperate to complete that tumbleweed, nobody in their right mind (sorry @Leviticus, no offense intended) would chase a top end item by this mechanic.
  • Did they mean 20% worse than buying credits? o.o
  • Seragorn said:
    Leviticus said:
    Purchased 120 races caches. Trade in was 2.8K, kept the good ones and completed the ones I did have even if they were lame.

120 race caches is going to set you back $1100 (4 of the 30 bundles at $275 each), if you'd have spent that at the base credit rate with no bonus your walking away with just under 4k credits (I think you can afford the extra $20 to get that bundle).. I cant confirm your maths without the list of pieces or knowing if that excluded items that you kept, but thats a horrible return. I cant see any value in any bundle except the pure random ones (the cheapest and most tedious option).

I see you trying to be all "on topic" over there.

• edited October 2017
    I mean.  At least it isn't

"THE PLATINUM STOCKING IS DOUBLE THE REWARDS OF A NORMAL ONE!"

And it then gives you less than half of the reward a normal one does.  :(

Edit: Also, because you're buying talisman caches, instead of credits from the website, your city/house is losing out on cr gain from buying credits (which puts more of a tax on them), if you're someone's mentor and they buy talisman caches?  No credits for you.  Etc etc etc.

Buying credits, directly, keeps the game actually alive and allows cities to do things.  Whilst "oh you bought caches?  Fuck your city/house/mentors" which is also kindddd of a bad thing as well.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    We just had a massive credit promo and my House/City got a bonus off the 2k something credits I bought because why not with an extra 50%? I imagine most orgs raked in quite a few credits last month so I don't see that being that big of a deal.

I bought caches to help out other folks and admittedly, I'm not really inclined to buy anymore this month. 
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• @Nicola / @Makarios
      I know you aren't inclined to discuss promo mechanics but some insight would be lovely. I have been obsessed with getting grand magi robes since they were introduced and have had the worst luck getting these pieces. I was very excited to see this months promo but from what everyone is saying it just seems like a lot of money with almost no chance of the reward.
  • Put a bracket around current promo math, and times 2, that'd be fine, and we will monitor and see if further adjustments are needed. Yay!
  • edited October 2017
    Seragorn said:
    Leviticus said:

I redeemed all the talisman pieces. Can you redeem a completed talisman set??? Is that the promo to get 40 percent??? Because if it is I just fucked up and lost out. I completed 4 lodestones, an archananaiad eye.... and I think that is it. I traded all the other pieces in.

@Seragorn
    @Cooper
    @Nicola
    @Makarios

• I've tried to trade in the DeathDummy that is complete but can't seem to.  Don't know if it is just me doing it wrong.
  • @Leviticus The lodestone, for example, trades in for 66 credits. So if you traded in the separate pieces and got less than that...then yes. :(
     <3 
  • Seragorn said:
    Cooper said:
    The intended 40% bonus is based off of completing a talisman and trading it in, not on pieces. There is the expectation that you find the pieces you need from others, or buy enough off the website.

I doubt that would be the case, because only a small percentage of the population would be interested in the promotion (someone like me, who cant even gets close to any bonus by doing exactly that).  Even if it was, its destined to fail because unless your desperate to complete that tumbleweed, nobody in their right mind (sorry @Leviticus, no offense intended) would chase a top end item by this mechanic.
    It is exactly what the announce said! The 40% bonus is based on set tradein value.

I missed that part as well before I bought 90 random caches, but I came out at an okay amount. Not good, maybe about a 20% bonus.

Globes still smash every other promo ever run though, including the 20 year anniversary promo. It isn't even close. 

• Globes are debatably too good, its true.

As for this promo, it is a gambling promotion - some people have made a significant return. Obviously some people haven't (which always is frustrating, for us as well because then those people probably won't buy again this month). That said, most of the people buying this month are definitely the people actively trying to complete talismans, as the people wanting consistent credit return mostly bought last month. We went into this promotion knowing that would likely be the case just because of the nature and timing of it. We've already got a fair few more grandmagi pieces in circulation for those people who were crossing their fingers for those, so its a good time to start looking again. I am noticing a lot of frustration is stemming from people buying into the conclave set rather than the other ones which is definitely an avenue I will be investigating today, as conclave has historically been our most popular and lucrative set by a huge margin.

All that said, I will state that this is the standard talisman generation algorithm, used from everything from the conclave promotion to globes. It hasn't changed since talismans started being generated back in the first talisman promotion we ran, so quite some time ago.

@Serin: Everything in the death set should trade in, if for some reason you have something that isn't tradein-able send me a message with the item ID and I'll see what the problem is.

To touch on something @Frederich said (even though slightly off topic), if memory serves your major stocking opened for a discontinued 10 mayan crown item. I'm inclined to say this is a case of value in the eye of the beholder - we typically weight these extremely highly in any promotion that we run, as their typical market value is nontrivial to say the least.

• So do you have to complete the talisman set and then redeem it or redeem the individual pieces to get the 40 percent?
  • Its usually better to redeem the completed item, though this does depend on the set. Death for instance its almost never worth redeeming single pieces over a completed item, as death pieces have a hard 10 credit value whereas the completed items are worth significantly  more. Completing is always the safe bet.
  • Makarios said:
    Its usually better to redeem the completed item, though this does depend on the set. Death for instance its almost never worth redeeming single pieces over a completed item, as death pieces have a hard 10 credit value whereas the completed items are worth significantly  more. Completing is always the safe bet.
    When did completed items from the Death set get given tradein values? None of the ones I completed in the first month they were released can be traded in, so I assumed they just didn't - and weren't supposed to - have them. As a result I've redeemed loads of individual pieces (including when I've had enough to complete talismans) because of it.
  • Makarios said:
    Its usually better to redeem the completed item, though this does depend on the set. Death for instance its almost never worth redeeming single pieces over a completed item, as death pieces have a hard 10 credit value whereas the completed items are worth significantly  more. Completing is always the safe bet.
    I did this soooooo wrong. lol. wow