Banishment of Bal'met

Enjoy!

A Naga assassin hisses in pleasure as it sends an ormyrr priest to oblivion.

An ormyrr guard has cruelly decapitated a knight of the Maldaathi.

Splintered into mere memory, an ominous lich has succumbed to the devastating  power of an ormyrr priest.

With a scream of disdain, an ormyrr guard has ripped apart a Tanjinn monk.

Hissing with glee, a muscular ormyrr has ripped apart a Naga assassin.

A brawling crowd of ormyrr and Mhaldorian guards has been slain in a powerful blast of deadly flames.

Thousands of daemons howl and shriek as Sartan, the Malevolent roars above the cacophony, "Bal'met! Your lackeys encroach upon My domain. Call off your minions before I crush them."

Deep within the roiling stormclouds that rage above Sapience, the cruel visage of Bal'met manifests, His narrowed gaze fixed upon the crimson fog of the west.

As quickly as the vision appeared, the clouds quickly shift, and once more the sky is simply a churning blanket of thunderous brume.

Dark, sinuous shadows weave across the firmament as a pair of Dala'myrr moves toward the west. Their forms twist in unison as they near the craggy isle and dive toward the earth, hissing with unrestrained pleasure.

Mounds of earth are blown into the sky as the Dala'myrr slam into the ground and burrow far below.

Rumbling and groaning, the earth shakes as Dala'myrr move below the surface, and the spires of Mhaldor's tall buildings shudder upon the western horizon.

Shrill shrieks slice through your mind as a dozen bloodworms are crushed by falling rocks beneath the island off the Northern Vashnars.

Two filthy dwarven prisoners have been buried alive in the Halls of Blackrock, victim to the shaking earth brought on by the Dala'myrr.

Alecto, a Priestess of Vengeance perishes in agony, pinned to the ground by a jagged boulder.

Comments

• A murder of crows blackens the firmament above the Northern Vashnars, streaming from their underground home and taking to the skies, circling above the island to the west.

As the dark silhouettes wheel through the sky, the Goddess Keresis appears in their midst, furious and terrifying to behold as She wields the Blade of the Dreadlord in Her hand.

Narrowing Her eyes at the island beneath Her, the Goddess of Vengeance appears to be searching closely for something.

With a resounding battlecry the Goddess of Vengeance hurls Her sword toward the blighted earth, where it strikes like an arrow piercing flesh.

Tremors shake the world as two Dala'myrr shudder and shake beneath the island, pierced by the point of the Goddess's blade.

Two Dala'myrr have been cleanly dispatched beneath the western isle, skewered by the blade of Keresis, Goddess of Vengeance.

An ormyrr guard has been cruelly slain by a stealthy Naga assassin.

A carnivorous lycopod has plunged the finely shredded remains of a muscular ormyrr into its acidic secretions.

An ormyrr priest has met a grisly end, slain by a hideous abomination.

Frozen with horror, a muscular ormyrr has been desiccated by an ominous lich.

Pulsing with pure evil, the Leviathan screams in rage as it devours three fleeing ormyrr.

A muscular ormyrr screams as he is trampled to death by a pack of stampeding Mhaldorians.

Frenetic chanting issues from Baelgrim Fortress, and a cold wind howls down from the tundra in response, whipping the waves of the Sapphire Sea into white-capped monsters.

Joining the chorus as a hellish counterpoint, the dwarven initiates of Blackrock raise their voices as one, wailing invocations to the Malevolent One.

The dark, towering figure of Sartan looms over Mhaldor Isle upon a throne of billowing crimson fog.

Thousands of daemons howl and shriek as Sartan, the Malevolent roars above the cacophony, "Your treachery is no surprise, Bal'met. We have been anxious, waiting for you to make a move."

Thousands of daemons howl and shriek as Sartan, the Malevolent roars above the cacophony, "Did you think Us blind to your scheming? I've prepared for this eventuality from the day our deal was struck."

The God of Evil weaves His clawed hands, a snarl of concentration fixed upon His cruel countenance as He is wreathed in an aura of sinister power.

Sanguine tendrils of noxious fog begin to rise up in response to Sartan's manipulations, snaking through the firmament and twining with roiling stormclouds, churning in a circular motion high above Achaea.

(Refugees of Shallam): Deucalion says, "Take refugee, wanderers. He is preparing something. Vast energies are moving."

Shrieking aloud with frenzied rapture, dozens of Dala'myrr can be heard from behind the cloak of stormclouds in the sky as the fearsome God Bal'met appears in the heavens.

Gravely Sartan utters a string of harsh, formidable words in the language of the Divine, His voice carrying over the thundering howl of the strengthening whirlwind.

(Refugees of Shallam): Deucalion says, "Vast indeed. Goodness. I see."

• Lightning flashes amidst the whirling sky, and a gaping void begins to grow at its centre.

Terrifying to behold, Bal'met remains silent, His expression faintly amused as He watches Sartan's orchestrations in the sky.

As the eye of the storm opens wide, beyond can be seen an endless plain of shattered ruins surrounded by blackened, wiry grasses: the battleground of Nishnatoba.

Thousands of daemons howl and shriek as Sartan, the Malevolent roars above the cacophony, "Leash this animal, Keresis, and let Us show the dog its new home."

Without a word, Keresis looses an arrow from the Bow of Malice. Like fire it blazes through the sky, and gleaming links of crimson chain begin to uncoil at the Goddess' feet, following in the arrow's wake.

A roar of pain shatters your eardrums as the arrow finds its mark. Sparking with flashes of blinding light, the chain that spans the sky grows taut, its links penetrating through Bal'met and coiling around his immortal form.

Bal'met writhes in outrage, eliciting a savage cry of triumph from the Goddess of Vengeance.

Continuing His ominous intonations in the ancient tongue of the Gods, Sartan reaches out toward the vortex, which begins spinning even more wildly than before at His command.

Caught by surprise, Bal'met flails as He is dragged closer and closer to the centre of the maelstrom by the overwhelming force of the whirling winds.

A crack of thunder rings out as Keresis gives a mighty heave upon the chain, and Bal'met is pulled through the turbulent storm to the plane of Nishnatoba.

A shiver of bloodlust pulses through the realm as the icy voice of Keresis, Goddess of Vengeance reverberates, "Now, at last, it is My turn to serve Vengeance to you."

Clouds and lightning whip dangerously around the open portal to Nishnatoba, through which Keresis can be seen circling Bal'met with a cruel smile.

Thousands of daemons howl and shriek as Sartan, the Malevolent roars above the cacophony, "Keresis! Time is running out, the gate must be sealed NOW."

The glittering eyes of Keresis narrow as She glares outward at the storm-wreathed opening, watching as it wavers and begins to diminish in size. With a frustrated snarl She abandons Her prey, heading toward the gate and away from Nishnatoba.

Suddenly the deafening shrieks of Dala'myrr are everywhere, and dozens of the ferocious creatures descend from the clouds above Sapience, stampeding across the sky toward the tempestuous vortex.

Sartan grits His teeth and bends His full will toward the storm, His veins glowing with fire against His ashen skin as He strains to keep the portal open.

One by one the Dala'myrr stream through the air and into the portal, rushing toward their trapped master and pummelling Keresis back as She tries to escape Nishnatoba.

Giving a mighty bellow, Sartan is finally overcome by the strain and releases His power, causing the great vortex to shudder and close with a violent crash.

A wave of raucous energy rolls over the firmament, battering the heavens in a relentless onslaught as the glimpse of Nishnatoba vanishes from sight, along with Bal'met and Keresis.

Screams echo from Nishnatoba as the Goddess Keresis is consumed by the raw power of Bal'met.

(Refugees of Shallam): Deucalion says, "The way is sealed for the interloper."

A scream of utter anguish pierces your ears as Megaera, the High Priestess of Keresis, takes her life with a dagger.

(Refugees of Shallam): Deucalion says, "He cannot return to this plane. Nor shall Keresis, it seems."

(Refugees of Shallam): Zuko says, "Can Adventurers can go back in forth to Nish still, Lord?"

(Refugees of Shallam): Deucalion says, "Mortals walk the planes differently than Gods do. The paths open to you are too small for Us to move through."

(Refugees of Shallam): Deucalion says, "He is sealed. Sartan was thorough."

(Refugees of Shallam): Deucalion says, "The time of danger is over. Unless you take a trip to Nishnatoba."
  • Seems a bit of a cop out, at first impression, to have mortals freely able to travel between Nish and Sapience when Gods can't.

• edited December 2012
    Seems to be a rather hastily thought-out ending. If it was that easy to banish Bal'met into Nish, why didn't the other gods think of it?

Hoping to see something more concrete and definitive...
  • And ... this is not looking good ...

You point an elemental staff at a desert fox, and cause a bolt of lightning to cascade out and roar screaming into him.
    You have scored a CRITICAL hit!
    The lightning bolt finishes a desert fox off, and as he dies, his eyeballs explode from their sockets with the fury of the storm.
    You have slain a desert fox, retrieving the corpse.
    Torn by the fabric of reality, the corpse of a desert fox splinters into minute fragments that rapidly dissolve in the atmosphere.
  • it's just a good battleground so agatheis/lorielan/balm'et can form the new triumvirate

and continue to ignore xoran sickness
    And as he slept he dreamed a dream, and this was his dream.
  • Daeir said:
    I think Bal'met is somehow leeching essence from stuff that would otherwise drop iconic shards to pull himself out of the realm.
    Or he's starting to destroy ALL icons.
  • XerXer Langley
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    A long, low chuckle echoes up and down the fabric of reality, shaking the topmost branches of Yggdrasil. A single leaf falls, dislodged from its place, and blows away on an unseasonably chill wind.

Nice job breaking it, Sartan.

• RuthRuth Singapore
    I like the progression. Wish it took less as long to put this section of the event up though.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Apollonia predicted the flame would be no more and the Halls of Maya will close.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    A carnivorous lycopod has plunged the finely shredded remains of a muscular ormyrr into its acidic secretions.

Efff...lycopods got a buff.

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Ephram said:
    Apollonia predicted the flame would be no more and the Halls of Maya will close.
    She also predicted a lot of stuff about turnips...
    I sometimes send anonymous letters to people with quotes of Apollonia's turnip prophecies, along with a turnip to plant.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Kyrra said:
    Ephram said:
    She also predicted a lot of stuff about turnips...
    I sometimes send anonymous letters to people with quotes of Apollonia's turnip prophecies, along with a turnip to plant.
    That is seriously A+
  • Evil: We plan ahead.

• @Sarapis is it part of the plot that Bal'met screws up the fabric so badly that we are lagging so bad?
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    Arlanda said:
    @Sarapis is it part of the plot that Bal'met screws up the fabric so badly that we are lagging so bad?
    Didn't you see, Lord Aeon is back!
  • Sarapis said:
    Arlanda said:
    @Sarapis is it part of the plot that Bal'met screws up the fabric so badly that we are lagging so bad?
    Do you mean that balance and eq are occasionally taking longer to recover? If so, actually, you can blame Bal'met for that.
    Yes indeed. Was wondering why hunting was so difficult. Thanks for clarifying!
  • OceanaOceana North Sea
    edited December 2012
    Tvistor said:
    Day forty five:

The heathens are onto me.
    forty five... me sees a link to the 045HAILMASTER... 

Edit: @Tvistor
  • ... Son of a. I kept wondering why all my stuff was taking longer than I was used to and getting me owned. Hacks.
  • Actually seemed like balance was faster more often than it was slower, while I was being lazy and using WALK TO.
  • edited December 2012
    Balance(s) are now strange, on monk bashing combo in drs, usually they return leg, right arm, left arm. 
    But now it returns: right arm, left arm, (delay) all limbs ... which is way longer than normal.
    and sometimes leg (delay), right arm, left arm ... which is faster than normal
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    Tarot seemed a tad fast for me :(|)

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae