Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Reminisce

2

Comments

  • RispokRispok Posts: 650Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Keorin said:
    Boring drivel.

     Overall, the changes to this game over the last several years have been undeniably good for the health of the game as a game, but feel like they've come at the expense of some of its soul.

  • KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyPosts: 4,388Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jarik.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

    Fitz
  • KayleKayle Posts: 81Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I miss my old Hashan days with the Black Lotus.  Interacting with the house changes as the first Knight in the house made my time in Achaea so worth it. I was the first one with a House falcon and got to be apart of an event with everyone. My falcon was taken from me and it ensued a week long event where my character was trapped in a statue until the house broke me out. I'll never forget that
    SobriquetAsmodronZekeros
  • FitzFitz Fire and SpicePosts: 599Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Jarik. Shakti. Lemon zeres Silverstorm morlana geimen gelphend mistral yig mordyval malaclypse Orem....i can go on. Occult theft. Good I miss that. I remember robbing mahanaxar once when mhaldor was just getting going and he had the city treasury and all their commodities. Half the city issued me and Sarapis made the open pk for a week law and messaged me telling me to stop being such a dickhead. That was like 16 years ago.
    Asmodron
  • SynbiosSynbios Posts: 4,456Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I miss the old crowd, 'specially some of the the no-longer-active Paladins. See ya, space cowboys.

  • AntidasAntidas Posts: 1,366Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kayle said:
    I miss my old Hashan days with the Black Lotus.  Interacting with the house changes as the first Knight in the house made my time in Achaea so worth it. I was the first one with a House falcon and got to be apart of an event with everyone. My falcon was taken from me and it ensued a week long event where my character was trapped in a statue until the house broke me out. I'll never forget that
    I remember this event, but I don't remember the character's name - pretty sure I was there when we broke you out though. My first toon was in the Black Lotus for ages before he left Hashan for Mhaldor. 

  • DominiusDominius Posts: 87Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    I started out Maldaathi and that was super classy. There was great city unity and great roleplay. Each fight was a thing of honour and you stuck it out even if you died. None of that PK rule issue stuff mattered. And if someone was picked on a whole group came to defend and revenge. I feel guilds, though often run badly, had more unity and the game was not about investment and results, but about getting lost in your character and really role-playing it out.
    Torinn
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,128Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I miss Tekumza Sindri Metzger Shiro. I miss Aerek Kenway. Underworld. Sea without pirates. Wheel spin purchasable with bound credits. 
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaPosts: 2,275Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I miss wheel spin giving 50% xp at Level 80.
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
  • XithXith Posts: 2,601Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sayenna said:
    I miss Tanris.


    Damn careless bus drivers. :(
    O_O What happened to Tanris?! BUS? What?
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • AntidasAntidas Posts: 1,366Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Xith said:
    Sayenna said:
    I miss Tanris.


    Damn careless bus drivers. :(
    O_O What happened to Tanris?! BUS? What?
    I'm trying to decide if you're being serious or not. So far pretty uncertain :|

  • SobriquetSobriquet Posts: 1,707Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Xith said:
    Sayenna said:
    I miss Tanris.


    Damn careless bus drivers. :(
    O_O What happened to Tanris?! BUS? What?
    We all told Tanris he should've drive a bus, but he seemed pretty adamant. 


    image
  • KayleKayle Posts: 81Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Antidas said:
    Kayle said:
    I miss my old Hashan days with the Black Lotus.  Interacting with the house changes as the first Knight in the house made my time in Achaea so worth it. I was the first one with a House falcon and got to be apart of an event with everyone. My falcon was taken from me and it ensued a week long event where my character was trapped in a statue until the house broke me out. I'll never forget that
    I remember this event, but I don't remember the character's name - pretty sure I was there when we broke you out though. My first toon was in the Black Lotus for ages before he left Hashan for Mhaldor. 
    Demfrax
  • XithXith Posts: 2,601Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Antidas said:
    Xith said:
    Sayenna said:
    I miss Tanris.


    Damn careless bus drivers. :(
    O_O What happened to Tanris?! BUS? What?
    I'm trying to decide if you're being serious or not. So far pretty uncertain :|
    I haven't been active since 2014. I'm seriously asking. Sayenna's post sounded pretty ominous...
    I like my steak like I like my Magic cards: mythic rare.
  • TiamatTiamat Posts: 27Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I miss the old houses mostly, as they had more of an identity. Everything now seems to be a little bit too diluted.

    I wish the houses that where around today, would put time into creating a lore and or items that could bring them together a little bit more. From what I understand there are some places that are doing well, while others that are lacking.

    Maybe its why I collect all the older items I can get my hands on, as they represent the times I loved the most. I think my favorite houses/guilds to be involved in where the Ashura, Maldaathi, and Naga.
    XiasAsmodron
  • TiamatTiamat Posts: 27Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I also really miss the Underworld, why did they have to take that away from us again?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 3,350Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cuz theyre making it better.
    Huh. Neat.
    Sobriquet
  • AereidhnaAereidhna DallasPosts: 645Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I miss Clem and Mithraea (Hers was my first Order ever). I miss Shallam. I miss when it was acceptable and widespread to have differing views on your faction's worldview/outlook/theology. I definitely miss having more Divine around in general. Occasionally I get nostalgic for old IC relationships and friendships. I miss the Druids and the Sylvans.

    That said, I'm probably happier now as a player than I've ever been because I fit better in the faction I'm in and it took me until now to get there, so I wouldn't necessarily trade it for the old days. But I do get nostalgic sometimes.
    Jinos
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 39Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    I miss Mhaldor's assorted testicles on a skewer. Those were my favourite. :(
  • XiasXias Posts: 96Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Divine interaction is what stuck in my mind after starting almost 11 years ago and coming back. I remember when I first made my character, he was a Bard. In order to enter Ty Beirdd, I had to audition. I'm not sure if I had the emotes hotkeyed or on alias but surpsingly it worked.

    I was then instantly teleported to a new area and had to perform in front of many gods and goddesses as part of a festival going on. Talk about nerve wrecking.

    I spent most of my time after that role-playing in the bar, getting drunk and singing nonsense.

    Beyond that, being part of daily chorales in Cyrene was pretty cool. I felt there were dozens of bards on, ready to grant experience to those ready to listen. Cyrene felt very busy and bustling, like a real city.

    I don't miss the combat though. I remember being miserable back then hunting with just doublejab. 
    Aldwic
  • TreyTrey Posts: 4,535Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Chubbs said:
    I miss Mhaldor's assorted testicles on a skewer. Those were my favourite. :(
    Those weren't a Mhaldor thing, they were a Katia thing. Thankfully now that times have changed Mhaldor has moved along a bit from the whole pigshit, blood and gross shit aesthetic, though not entirely.

    AntidasShirszae
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaPosts: 2,275Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Waiting for your 'Grosspigshit, by Trey' perfume series.
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    CaelanTysandr
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 39Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Trey said:
    Chubbs said:
    I miss Mhaldor's assorted testicles on a skewer. Those were my favourite. :(
    Those weren't a Mhaldor thing, they were a Katia thing. Thankfully now that times have changed Mhaldor has moved along a bit from the whole pigshit, blood and gross shit aesthetic, though not entirely.
    Katia's stuff were great.
    Caelan
  • TreyTrey Posts: 4,535Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Chubbs said:
    Trey said:
    Chubbs said:
    I miss Mhaldor's assorted testicles on a skewer. Those were my favourite. :(
    Those weren't a Mhaldor thing, they were a Katia thing. Thankfully now that times have changed Mhaldor has moved along a bit from the whole pigshit, blood and gross shit aesthetic, though not entirely.
    Katia's stuff were great.
    They were fucking terrible.

  • TreyTrey Posts: 4,535Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Krypton said:
    Waiting for your 'Grosspigshit, by Trey' perfume series.
    Working on more! Mhaldor has a perfume already, albeit not that.

  • ThalakThalak Posts: 51Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Biggest thing I miss is Clementius. I miss him having me(occie) astral into Shallam just to poke guards to have him pop in and keep me alive. I miss tripping mushrooms(IRL) while in the black forest(IC) chatting it up with him when we found a bug.

    Also occie theft
  • EverestEverest Posts: 14Member
    Not a old school Achaean, so more IRE wide.... hope ya don't mind! 

    I miss Juganothion Stavenn.

    Miss OG thanatos (rip).

    Miss my very first fights with Valarouko(sp?) and Dregaur.

    I miss the amazing feeling of finding some new area long before mappers by using the old school hand drawn maps to get around.

    I miss randomly running into Lepet in creepers.

    I miss bugging Asyrin/Inyvon for practice fights. 

    And after reading these posts - I super miss when classes were locked to guilds and there was no multiclass. Other players I met had such presence being uniquely tied to their class. You would recognize them as there class and it gave them serious RP chops. 

    I miss Stavros (rip) 





     
    Tysandr
  • EverestEverest Posts: 14Member
    Oh, and I miss yank bashing Janus mobs in his grove area west of Canaae. Because the lols and lightning strikes. 
  • TiamatTiamat Posts: 27Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Trey said:
    Chubbs said:
    I miss Mhaldor's assorted testicles on a skewer. Those were my favourite. :(
    Those weren't a Mhaldor thing, they were a Katia thing. Thankfully now that times have changed Mhaldor has moved along a bit from the whole pigshit, blood and gross shit aesthetic, though not entirely.
    Mhaldor was not like that in the beginning, I think that was more a Ruth Era thing. Any old original Infernal would have been pissed about the whole dirty-bog-horror show that became Mhaldor for a minute or so.


2
Sign In to Comment.