I played Achaea ages ago, prior to Aetolia being created. I've been mainly playing Aetolia since then, but I'm completely jaded with it at this point, so I thought I'd start fresh with credits from retirement. I've been lurking on forums for the past week or so, trying to understand what would fit me best from an organization RP and class perspective, but I can't get a read on a few things. So, I'm hoping you can help me. I have about 1k credits to start, more to follow if I get hooked on some random chance promotion.
My priorities: An org with good RP (or a core of good RP and a bunch of people to argue against constantly), and a class with strong PvP possibilities without massive credit investment. I've read all the threads that say Runie/Shaman/Alchemist for low-cost PvP, but they don't really fit what I'm looking for. I don't mind complex classes, and I prefer some mobility.
I could use some thoughts on the following:
- Eleusis, how bad is the infighting, and how snuggly is it? I really like Sentinel, while Druid and Sylvan seem solid. Does the infighting add to the RP value or detract from it? Are any of these classes utter rubbish in PvP without arties? I love metamorphosis, so Druid and Sent are a strong possiblity.
- Mhaldor. I love the Occie class. I spent years as an Indorani on Aetolia, and played a lot as whatever they called them on Imperian. Tarot is awesome. It also feels like the RP in the city has some really interesting facets to it. That said, I don't like being on the side that absolutely dominates, or which supports absolute evil. What's the PK and RP level here?
- Hashan. A little fascinating to me as I could be any class, and Hashan was just created when I stopped playing my rogue priest to go with Aetolia. Is there any decent RP here given that it's not as thematic as the others?
- Jester in Eleusis. Again I love Tarot, I like forestal RP, but this seems like a glass cannon, which I don't like. I hate the balloons part of this class, so maybe I can ignore those skills? Playing a forestal maniac could be fun. Thoughts?
- Do any of the classes I've mentioned need a lot of arties to be decent?
- What does Skirmishing DRAG do? Does it let you move people around who are massed, and set off traps?
- Sylvan thornrend: it seems like the affliction combos are based on what you propogate? Or, can you use any dual-venom combo? (i.e. is epseth/epteth doable?)
- How much of a pain in the ass are Weatherweaving or Propagation in 1v1?
- It seems like groves are a lot more portable than they used to be, with imbue sunlight? How do bees/wildgrowth/active grove skills stack up? Do you still need to plant qstaff?Jest
- Is there any way to make Jester not a glass cannon? I don't mind squishiness and ignoring their stupid skills like giraffe (unless that skill is core to the play style)
- Bard and BM got a mention in many threads. Are they still solid for any org?
Thanks in advance for the help!