Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Blademaster Strength Scaling for Twist

LucianusLucianus Posts: 369Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
Hi!

So I've noticed that Blademaster damage scales with the strength stat for characters.

Does this also scale for the amount of damage and bleed an opponent receives when they are getting twisted after impales? And does the damage of impale/impaleslash also scale with strength?
That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.

Comments

  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 3,904Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    None of those change based on STR, afaik


    You hug Aurora compassionately.
    Lucianus
  • LucianusLucianus Posts: 369Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Atalkez said:
    None of those change based on STR, afaik
    Huh... is that why Blademasters generally pursue full-con since it doesn't influence their main finisher strategy (limb prep + impaleslash + twist + bstar)?
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • ArmaliArmali Posts: 738Member, Secret Squirrel ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    It's a good reason. If you can afford it, going full str unlocks some pretty potent other options.
  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 3,904Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Well, the main finisher won't work on everyone, but a STR build BM is still extremely strong.

    You don't lose anything of your main offensive scheme by going it, but it opens up some damage strategies that are really good.


    You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • MiraedeMiraede Posts: 5Member

    Based on the above should I go miner or brawler as a dwarf? Is it fair to assume on a scale of 1 to Miyamoto Musashi, that everyone else should take STR and I take CON, or can a novice take STR and flourish somehow. I'm not sure if it's a forgiving class but I'm a genuine novice with no guarantee I can learn the intracacies. At the same time, I'd hate to take the safe route only to bore myself into a lesser game somewhere else.


    Statistics for this race:

    Specialisation Str. Dex. Con. Int.

    -------------------------------------------------------------

    Unspecialised 12 11 13 12

    Brawler 14 11 13 11

    Crafter 12 13 12 12

    Miner 12 10 15 12

    Foreman 11 11 13 14

  • LucianusLucianus Posts: 369Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I think strength damage scaling starts diminishing at 16 strength, but it kicks up again after 18str. Hope that helps with your decision 
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • LucianusLucianus Posts: 369Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Miraede said:

    Based on the above should I go miner or brawler as a dwarf? Is it fair to assume on a scale of 1 to Miyamoto Musashi, that everyone else should take STR and I take CON, or can a novice take STR and flourish somehow. I'm not sure if it's a forgiving class but I'm a genuine novice with no guarantee I can learn the intracacies. At the same time, I'd hate to take the safe route only to bore myself into a lesser game somewhere else.


    Statistics for this race:

    Specialisation Str. Dex. Con. Int.

    -------------------------------------------------------------

    Unspecialised 12 11 13 12

    Brawler 14 11 13 11

    Crafter 12 13 12 12

    Miner 12 10 15 12

    Foreman 11 11 13 14

    For new players. Go miner. Once you hit level 80 or even 99, use the free reincarnation to go 14 strength since you'll have some health built up from leveling to make up for lost con.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
    Aldwic
  • SenaSena Posts: 3,805Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Lucianus said:
    I think strength damage scaling starts diminishing at 16 strength, but it kicks up again after 18str. Hope that helps with your decision 
    Strength has diminishing returns immediately (from the base of 12, or 18 for dragons) and never undiminishes.
  • LucianusLucianus Posts: 369Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Sena said:
    Lucianus said:
    I think strength damage scaling starts diminishing at 16 strength, but it kicks up again after 18str. Hope that helps with your decision 
    Strength has diminishing returns immediately (from the base of 12, or 18 for dragons) and never undiminishes.
    But how much it diminishes per str after 12 is not linear right? I remember hearing something about 16 being the peak before you receive significantly less of a damage increase than before.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • MiraedeMiraede Posts: 5Member
    Ok thanks, I've gone miner for now. I already used my free reincarnation becoming a dwarf though.
  • SenaSena Posts: 3,805Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Lucianus said:
    But how much it diminishes per str after 12 is not linear right? I remember hearing something about 16 being the peak before you receive significantly less of a damage increase than before.
    It's not linear but the curve is pretty smooth, there's no sudden drop-off anywhere. Or there are weird attacks where odd points make a bigger difference, for example gut against denizens gets +49, +44, +48, +41 respectively for each point going from 18 to 22 strength.
    Lucianus
Sign In to Comment.