Lithmeria.

Wondering if anyone else has tried it out. Although it is still in beta (having been released only a few weeks ago), I have to admit I have found its mechanics to be very fun and a refreshing  taste from the other muds I have played.

Firstly there is no such thing as guild skills and guilds in general, you simply choose your class and you're done, however there are "city division" in which upon joining one you gain abilities that assist the city somehow. From Administration Division, to Army Division, to even Espionage Division and more. You also do not spend lessons to gain abilities in these skills, quite the contrary the more you  use abilities in it the more your experience within it will rise. The Division skills will also sustain your character if you are not the "grind with hunting" type. For work done, such as capturing a war zone (for army) or gathering secret information (for espionage) you are paid and receive experience  for every task done. For the questing type there is even a Rangers division which makes your questing life more fun and rewarding, you can even do quests that sabotage your organization's official rivals (although currently all quests are deactivated).

As for PvP, I love the balanced introduced with it. Other than players being involved in it, the game isnt balanced around "who has the more players around thus wins the fight", quite the contrary, it is balanced around skill and strategy. Every member of the army division (in time and with rank) will be able to build up their own platoon of mobs (max of 5) and can customize them as  to which classes they are and abilities they hold. They can then send their platoons to patrol roads for enemies and to assist in capturing war zones. The Navy Division is also of the same caliber. Other than gaining abilities which assist in swift maneuvers at sea and great sailing skills, you also in time gain the ability to build your own fleet! I loved this aspect. With this you can send your fleet to block trade routes, engage enemy vessels that cross into your organization's waters, or even just patrol for mob pirate ships.

Did I forget to mention classes? The classes range in 4 archetypes, each branching out to their own specializations. You can find classes from the Tempests that control Lighting and Snow over a wide area to the sneaky assassins that can slip by guards and stealthly kill a target before rushing off. I truly adore their combat system and cant wait until they are out of beta *squeel*. I feel it is a really wonderful take on game immersion and balance that I havent seen in a long long time.

Oh I had forgot to mention, you dont lose xp for being killed by another player, meaning you can engage in organization fights till your hearts content. Another little perk is that for every player you kill you gain PvP XP, a different form of XP that is lowered and increased by your deaths/kills. It will slowly over time be funneled into your normal XP, meaning those interested only in slaughter can focus only on that subject. Also PvP is not at all complicated and overbearing. There are only 4 forms of elixirs that are pretty much associated with all your cures, making  combat user friendly.

Anyone else tried it out? I highly suggest doing so!

Comments

• Between the lag and lack of PORTALS-esque newbie help (i.e. where do I go to hunt as a newb?), I didn't enjoy it.
  • Yeah I admit the lag is annoying. Hopefully when they are off  the debug sever things will run more smoothly.
  • You goan get Tectowned, bro.

That said, I tried it. Was laggy, but had potential. Reminded me a lot of IRE games, but had a completely different atmosphere.

Would like to see it grow and last long! Guy who runs it deserves it.

League of Legends: IA ROCKS (NA)
    Guild Wars 2: erasariel.1532 - Devona's Rest (NA)
    Final Fantasy XIV: Novi Selea - Cactuar (NA)
    Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/ErasarielOfAchaea/
    Achaea: Erasariel (duh!)
  • yeah me too ^.^.

Why would get I get tectowned? O.o
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    op sounds like an advertisement

• Aktillum said:
    op sounds like an advertisement
    On the contrary! *makes a random point that isn't actually contrary*
  • Indeed it does sound like an advertisement. To be honest, if I were the creator, I wouldn't want people trying it yet. It "launched" on October 12, and they're still on the test server? I'd wait until it's out of this beta stage (though presented as release stage) before trying to get others to play it.

The lag isn't minor, it's anywhere from 0.8 to 5.5 seconds in my experience. Which is unplayable for me.
  • hahaha after I posted my comment I even said to myself "why do I sound like an advertisement".

I guess when  im explaining a game I go into detail about its mechanics