Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Mhun, Atavian and Rajamala can all achieve 16 dexterity with the Agile trait. I ran 16 dex Mhun with a level 2 for a very long time and it works pretty well. 

• edited July 2017
    Keorin said:
    I wonder if it'd be possible to just get svo to pause serverside when it pauses itself. Thanks a bunch!
    svo pauses with svo.app("on") iirc, so you can probably do a search for that in scripts/triggers or whatever and figure out when it invokes this for aeon/ret and turn severside off, and then the opposite once it re-enables.

If it's not there it's probably in the .lua or .xmls somewhere (not a lua coder myself) in which case you can relate the svo.app() function to whatever code it is in lua, then just do a text search for it and find it there instead. I assume them you just have to update that whenever svo updates. Download sublimetext and searching through there should make it a lot easier to find the references.
  • Unfortunately, it's a little more complicated then that. It doesn't use that particular function at all, and while I can tell where it pauses (or at least, where it gives the echo) I'm not good enough to tell -how- it pauses. I dunno, I've been tinkering with it on and off for a bit now to try and see if I can do a workaround, I may yet be able to find something, though I expect anything elegant is beyond me.

And really, my svo's been past the point where I can easily copy over my changes to it for a bit now, I had to rig up some shikudo stuff when it came out.

• Mhun also gives you celerity (which stacks with the artie iirc) so you can move 3 rooms at once, instead of two.  Which is really good considering if you are phased and trying to get in somewhere, 2 rooms might get you killed (whereas 3-5 might not).

Atavian is probably the cheapest good one, due to innate flight, but it's stopped by weariness and is SUPER slow iirc.  So the ring of Flying is better overall on your credit wallet.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    Flying phased is nice since you can't get eye'd
  • Would hunting be too hard if I switched to dex spec and got the dirk? I was planning on going mhun when I decided to switch. People just suggested all con when I was first starting out. 
  • Krypton said:
    An eye on ground elevation will unphase flyers.

• Krypton said:
    Problem is I don't think there is a way down then without tripping mindnet?
  • You can evade in, fly, and start moving.

Mindnet only hits when you enter/leave the area (and only then).  So you can just evade in, then run around for most cities.  However Mhaldor and Targossas can trace a person who is blackwinded/phased/astral form'd if they do not evade (which only phased can do).. so if you are infiltrating those cities and they know to expect it, they can find you easily.

Other cities can't, so most rely on mindnet!
  • edited July 2017
    Keorin said:
    Unfortunately, it's a little more complicated then that. It doesn't use that particular function at all, and while I can tell where it pauses (or at least, where it gives the echo) I'm not good enough to tell -how- it pauses. I dunno, I've been tinkering with it on and off for a bit now to try and see if I can do a workaround, I may yet be able to find something, though I expect anything elegant is beyond me.

And really, my svo's been past the point where I can easily copy over my changes to it for a bit now, I had to rig up some shikudo stuff when it came out.

Took a quick peek, look like it's in the sk.checkaeony = function(). Can probably just add a call to stop serverside curing in there, and then after   signals.sysdatasendrequest:block(cnrl.processcommand) you can just turn it back on since that's when it assumes you're out of aeon anyways.

• Is the length of a mind lock dependent on your INT vs opponent's INT? The random, unpredictable breaks are a bit annoying.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • There is the mini skill that affects it too, the name escapes at the moment but might be philosophy?

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • It's a mixture of current mana and current willpower. If you have a good amount more than them and they aren't using telesense you can usually keep a lock up indefinitely. Might have something to do with maxes and int, but pretty hard to test that.

• Cooper said:
    It's a mixture of current mana and current willpower. If you have a good amount more than them and they aren't using telesense you can usually keep a lock up indefinitely. Might have something to do with maxes and int, but pretty hard to test that.
    If I remember correctly, which is a pretty big "if" considering I haven't played monk as a main class in forever, it has more to do with willpower than int/mana.

• KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    edited July 2017
    Once you have initiated a lock, every 15 seconds, the locked mind automatically gets a chance to break the lock. The chance of breaking the lock is determined by a comparison of your current willpower vs. the target's current willpower, and your Telepathy level vs. the target's Philosophy level, and various mental defenses for both individuals.
    - MINDPRINTS and the Intellect Crown both increase the chance of
    obtaining a lock, decrease the chance of losing a lock, and reduce the
    cost of maintaining a lock.
  • edited July 2017
    Thanks guys, might reinvest in a crown. Also, spar/duel me as a monk for free kills on me :lol: No one really seems up for it and I kinda want to practice/fine tune my stuff

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• I asked and you said no.
  • edited July 2017
    You asked the day I went monk, didn't have proper working aliases. I'd be up for practice anytime

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

• edited July 2017
    Thanks guys, might reinvest in a crown. Also, spar/duel me as a monk for free kills on me :lol: No one really seems up for it and I kinda want to practice/fine tune my stuff
    You just need to highfive me...
  • Hello, can somebody explain how limb damage combat works? I'm an Achaea n00b, and I think I understand afflictions locking people up with combinations that prevent them from healing, but I don't really get how you can kill someone by breaking their limbs. I'm totally in the dark when I read phrases like prepping a limb/limb counting/etc. If there is a guide or something it would be helpful as well, I read the beginner combat article on the wiki but it doesn't contain any detail on this. I'm a 2H Runewarden if that matters.

Thank you!  :)
  • Caynix said:
    Hello, can somebody explain how limb damage combat works? I'm an Achaea n00b, and I think I understand afflictions locking people up with combinations that prevent them from healing, but I don't really get how you can kill someone by breaking their limbs. I'm totally in the dark when I read phrases like prepping a limb/limb counting/etc. If there is a guide or something it would be helpful as well, I read the beginner combat article on the wiki but it doesn't contain any detail on this. I'm a 2H Runewarden if that matters.

Thank you!  :)
    That depends a lot on the class in question. Common uses of limb damage are to keep someone prone, making them vulnerable to high-damage attacks like brain or disembowel, which is what you'll be after as 2-hander. Other classes like to take advantage of the very long restoration salve balance to do other things, like lock or stack up freezing/burning. A couple can just kill with limb damage itself with Vivisect or Embrace
  • Yeah.  Usually knights high damage "finisher" moves require a Target to be prone.  Each limb takes X number of hits to break depending on the person's health.  Higher health means more hits to break.  Limb damage doesn't get healed until a timer runs out and the limb hasn't been hit, or it has been broken and healed.  To prep a limb means to hit it X-1 times.  You get several limbs this way throughout the fight, then hit several of them in quick succession to actually break them all in short order.  You can only heal one limb every Y seconds so if you prep both legs then break both, they will be prone for the amount of time it takes to heal both, giving you time to use your finishers.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Awesome, totally cleared things up, much appreciated guys.
  • What is the scaling on Accentato?
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• Crap until 3 mental affs.

"What the fuck just hit me?" after 3 mental affs.

Roughly speaking.
  • Ryzeth is right. Stack 3+ and lol.
  • Throwing back his head, Nylian shouts out in defiance as blazing flames consume him for a single,
    glorious instant before dying away.

What does this do? I suspect it cures something, but I'm not sure what, how, or how to stop it.

As a shaman, what things could I do to stop someone from flying, besides just fighting indoors? And are there any particular escape techniques I should be looking to take advantage of?
  • edited August 2017
    Xoatl said:
    Throwing back his head, Nylian shouts out in defiance as blazing flames consume him for a single,
    glorious instant before dying away.

What does this do? I suspect it cures something, but I'm not sure what, how, or how to stop it.

As a shaman, what things could I do to stop someone from flying, besides just fighting indoors? And are there any particular escape techniques I should be looking to take advantage of?
    Phoenix, I believe. Cures everything. @Atalkez would know more on that, I can't remember what (if anything) stops it.

Vodun is typically the route you go against habitual flyers, vertigo is nice if you can stick it early.

eta: Oops, wrong thing. That consumable thing is the thing that strips defences.
  • edited August 2017
    That's shin Phoenix, prone stops it. Cures all afflictions at a cost of all blademaster shin, requires 85 to use.

Doesnt remove defenses.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I haven't started doing vodun things yet, will have to start digging into that. Is vertigo focusable? If so, it seems a tall order to stick impatience and vertigo while still needing to stick haemo and lock affs. And I think I'd need to have clumsy stuck too, since BM seems like it can get to a kill fast. Thanks for the answers so far, will look into things a bit more.