Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• new chenubs are garbage. wtb island exits
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Aegoth said:
    new chenubs are garbage. wtb island exits
    Ad 29 ;)
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• you dont have tuar, tapoa or ageiro :(
  • If they auction one single Arty that goes to every single island, guess that will fetch 30k credits?
  • Last Chenubian Wings sold for like 20-30k iirc.

So they still sell for a ridiculous amount for no real reason.
  • you recall very, very incorrectly.

• The "Cloak of many feathers", grants just flying and tracking ability right, or something else I miss?
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Dochitha said:
    The "Cloak of many feathers", grants just flying and tracking ability right, or something else I miss?
    That's it.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    The last time it was auctioned (2008), it also included PURSUE, as that is included under AB METAMORPHOSIS TRACK.

Dragoncraft Tracking includes VIEW but not Pursue, so unclear if the cloak exactly copies Metamorphosis Track, Dragoncraft Tracking, or is its own thing. 
  • Frederich said:
    Last Chenubian Wings sold for like 20-30k iirc.

So they still sell for a ridiculous amount for no real reason.

I think the last set was something like 7-8k? Even that might be a bit high, not sure. They're not selling for anywhere near as much now that a lot of the really good functionality has been taken away.
  • I think Penwize's lot cost the most, and his was ~15k or so when he won them. Not sure how much the others before him paid for theirs.
  • KyrraKyrra Australia
    Penwize had to beat my escrow bid so he paid a bit over 15k for his wings. I only paid a bit over 12k for mine but had to trade in 15k worth of artefacts for the escrow.

Last few auctions that I've seen have been within the 7k to 9k range.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• It says you get a room with 8 customizable exit. Do that room is unique to you only?
    Yes, there will be one specific Skies room created for YOUR Chenubian Wings to access. All other Chenubian Wings access their own unique Skies room.

They all lead to the "Duanatharan" (Atavian wings) room going DOWN, though. And your unique Skies room is not a stronghold -- people can follow you / break in.
  • edited July 2017
    I was hoping that someone who knows how Svo works a bit better then me could give me some tips on how to fix this:

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/p3-srDTq

It looks like svo decided that I was done with my actions and that it could start curing again about 1.6 seconds after my action. I'm not super familiar with how svo handles ret/aeon, though, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

(and yes, using queueing in ret is rather dumb, as I learned today)

• Ret/Aeon are things that just aren't well covered by most systems. Best thing to do is manually cure completely in ret, and make sure you have aliases for everything you need. Or leave ret. That's about it, honestly.
  • Unfortunately, I'm barely beyond the stage of "panic completely" when I'm in ret, so I've got a while before I can fall back on personal skill.
  • One thing to remember is that those who put down ret also get affected by it. So, unlike Aeon, everyone in the room is suffering. You just gotta figure out how to suffer less than everyone else.
  • Telepathy nonsense is where it's at in ret! Monk's so awesome :D
  • mind batter = stupidity + 2 other afflictions.

Can do it while prone/paralyzed.

Can also mind paralyzed while prone/paralyzed.

Just mind batter and pray stupidity works.
  • Just cripple/batter spam right as ret comes into effect.
  • Keorin said:
    I was hoping that someone who knows how Svo works a bit better then me could give me some tips on how to fix this:

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/p3-srDTq

It looks like svo decided that I was done with my actions and that it could start curing again about 1.6 seconds after my action. I'm not super familiar with how svo handles ret/aeon, though, so I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

(and yes, using queueing in ret is rather dumb, as I learned today)

There's nothing to fix. The shiver tick stopped your kai heal, so it started curing again.

• @Keorin Are you using actual svo client curing or serverside? If serverside, serverside will override your commands by default, which is really annoying. You have to use CURING AEONCOMMAND <command> to make it not override the command. If using svo client curing, svo pauses automatically for you, and that works pretty nicely. But I think it might have the pause/unpause echoes that showed in your log even if you're using serverside, and it doesn't pause serverside for you.
  • That'd explain some problems, then, thanks! I use svo with serverside, and I was definitely noticing some interruptions, though I was having trouble working out exactly from what. I'll have to work the proper commands into my aliases.

I was mostly confused because I'd missed that the shiver had already stopped me, and saw it resume curing/try to touch tree in such a way that'd have interrupted the heal were it not for the shiver. I wonder if it'd be possible to just get svo to pause serverside when it pauses itself. Thanks a bunch!

And thank you everyone for the suggestions, too, though I should probably clarify that my ret skills do essentially comprise spamming batter/paralysis/cripple. It's just a matter of needing less panic and more smart choices to do more then stall.
  • Yeah I've wondered that too, @Keorin.  I especially have problems with clotting, Insomnia, and holding breath while in Retardation.  I have to "pp" SVO in order to make it stop doing all those.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • 3699/5248 5082/5248 cdb e T - (2) 1 0 0 1 (-----)
    Shirszae delivers a lightning-fast strike to you with a scarlet war scythe from the north.
    A prickly stinging overcomes your body, fading away into numbness.
    As the weapon strikes you, unnatural green flame ignites upon the blade
    You gasp as your fine-tuned reflexes disappear into a haze of confusion.
    # Your body is wracked by the degenerative power.
    2014/5248 5082/5248 cdb e T -1685h- (2) 1 0 0 1 (P----)

What is that last line? Seems to at least double dps on strikes
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Degen capstone. If you have paralysis, clumsiness and weariness when it hits, you'll just take extra damage instead of being afflicted. Bonus damage is doubled if they have your shadow.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Looks like you were timelooped there so the instill (degeneration) procced twice: clumsiness and damage. 

• So I have 800 credits to spend. I have a SOA ATM. Trans subterfuge survival and avoidance. Parrying in weaponry, canvas in tattoos, shrugging in venom and impatience in hypnosis. I was wondering what I should spend the credits on. I want to get into combat but I believe I'm going to have to be level 80+ to be any decent at combat against those that can just damage me out. I'm currently con spec'd with nimble and con trait. Level 60 dwarf miner. Any suggestions? I was thinking either a level two dirk for when I'm ready in levels to start combat and swap to dex spec. Level two lash, level two pendant or a level one pendant and level one con artie. What are your suggestions? Also how much dex am I going to need to cap dstab I've heard a few different answers. Also, am I just going to be very low health to be effective in combat because I'll have to spec dex and take a dex trait until I can get to dragon or get artifacts?
    Sena said:
    The cap is still 2.1s before nimble, 2s with L3 dirk (1.89 and 1.8 after nimble).

More specifically, the base speed is 2.8s, each point of dex above 13 subtracts 0.14s, each level of artie dirk subtracts 0.2s, and a L3 dirk has 0.1s faster cap.
    So with L2 dirk, need 16 dex to hit 2.1s cap. (But 15 dex will already be at 2.12s.)