Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Frederich said:
    The monk usually enters your room, eventually. :dizzy:

I consider myself a fairly impartial observer, and your line of comments on this page are next level silly.
  • I should have specified I'm curious about effects like concussive, not beckon effects.
  • Concussive
    Annhilation
    STORMFIST

Those are the 3 i know of.
  • I always that radiance was solid area control. Have two monks mindlock and commence radiance on the two greatest threats, then rush as they leave the area...

Pick off two people in melee and then retreat.

Rinse and repeat.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited July 2017
    Xaden said:
    I always that radiance was solid area control. Have two monks mindlock and commence radiance on the two greatest threats, then rush as they leave the area...

Rinse and repeat.
    Person 1: Duanathars out and earrings/gets delivered or portaled back when the lock breaks.
    Person 2: Does the same thing.

Leaving at the same time is kinda asking to die unless there's a 3rd person they both have earrings with or something.

eta: Or if they have a monk it's not really gonna work. Can mind lock 2 people to break the radiance before either one will complete.
  • Ryzeth said:
    Xaden said:
    I always that radiance was solid area control. Have two monks mindlock and commence radiance on the two greatest threats, then rush as they leave the area...

Rinse and repeat.
    Person 1: Duanathars out and earrings/gets delivered or portaled back when the lock breaks.
    Person 2: Does the same thing.

Leaving at the same time is kinda asking to die unless there's a 3rd person they both have earrings with or something.

eta: Or if they have a monk it's not really gonna work. Can mind lock 2 people to break the radiance before either one will complete.
    True true

• What's the approximate balance time on this weirdly ridiculous skill?

Frederich's aura of weapons rebounding disappears.
    Frederich whips a bull caribou into a fury, bucking and racing dangerously in a circle, trampling 
    the ground in a frenzy.
    A bull caribou smashes the right arm of Adyym.
    A bull caribou breaks the left leg of Kriemhilde.
    A bull caribou crushes the right leg of Kriemhilde.
    A bull caribou pulverises the left arm of Kriemhilde.
    A bull caribou smashes the right arm of Kriemhilde.
    A bull caribou breaks the left leg of Mindshell.
    A bull caribou crushes the right leg of Mindshell.
    A bull caribou pulverises the left arm of Mindshell.
    A bull caribou smashes the right arm of Mindshell.
    A bull caribou breaks the left leg of Ismay.
    A bull caribou crushes the right leg of Ismay.
    A bull caribou pulverises the left arm of Ismay.
    A bull caribou smashes the right arm of Ismay.
    A bull caribou breaks the left leg of Jadys.
    Jadys wakes up with a gasp of pain.
    "All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

• 4 seconds, before any modifiers. The ability is trample, the trans ability in riding, breaks limbs of all prone adventurers in the room. Stronger mounts have a better chance of breaking more limbs and will do more damage, or there's a major trait that guarantees you'll always break all four.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    dragoncraft trample is faster, I want to say 3 seconds.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Dragoncraft trample is 2.75 base
    Huh. Neat.
  • I don't have the trait, just as an FYI.  I just got lucky.

I also THINK that was when they walked into totem.  Though, I might be wrong on that (judging from jadys waking up, imma say the totem hit).

The bull caribou is a legendary mount so.  I think Mr. Fluffles did his job very well!

Anyways, it's only a 1s salve balance per limb, so it's otherwise utterly useless unless combo'd into ret.  Wherein it becomes a fucking monstrosity that murders entire families / ur face.
    edited July 2017
    nvm i'm thick
    Huh. Neat.

• 16:18:35.327 You whip a bull caribou into a fury, bucking and racing dangerously in a circle, trampling the ground in a frenzy.

16:18:35.327 A bull caribou breaks the left leg of Micaelis.

16:18:35.327 A bull caribou crushes the right leg of Micaelis.

16:18:35.327 A bull caribou pulverises the left arm of Micaelis.

16:18:35.327 A bull caribou smashes the right arm of Micaelis.

16:18:35.999 Micaelis takes some salve from a vial and rubs it on his legs.

16:18:36.431 Micaelis takes some salve from a vial and rubs it on his legs.

16:18:37.506 Micaelis takes some salve from a vial and rubs it on his arms.

16:18:38.559 Micaelis takes some salve from a vial and rubs it on his arms.

16:18:38.983 

16:18:38.983 You have recovered balance on all limbs.

It's not 3-4 seconds on the ground.

It's about 1 second on the ground.  @Ahmet

And that 1 second is assuming I get both of their legs.

So yeah.  Without ret, I would say it's "mostly useless" unless people are timefluxed or aeon'd.  It's still decent enough for some cheese strats.

• Ahmet said:
    It's definitely not 'utterly useless'. Four seconds of guaranteed prone for the entire group, for a 3-4 second balance cost for one person. Can combo it into other people trampling (or if you're dragon just DOR trample). Not a sure thing by any means, but definitely helpful.
    Isn't it only a bit over 1s guaranteed prone? It's not like they're guaranteed to restore, they could just apply to legs, wait for salve balance, apply to legs again and immediately stand.
    Sena said:
    Ahmet said:
    It's definitely not 'utterly useless'. Four seconds of guaranteed prone for the entire group, for a 3-4 second balance cost for one person. Can combo it into other people trampling (or if you're dragon just DOR trample). Not a sure thing by any means, but definitely helpful.
    Isn't it only a bit over 1s guaranteed prone? It's not like they're guaranteed to restore, they could just apply to legs, wait for salve balance, apply to legs again and immediately stand.
    @Sena yeah I wasn't thinking. Fredly beat you to it though.
    Huh. Neat.
  • It's also really good with timeflux!
  • Trample in ret is amazing. Especially if you have multiple people doing it. Damage it does stacks up fast on top of vibes/rites/etc.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Ryzeth said:
    Trample in ret is amazing. Especially if you have multiple people doing it. Damage it does stacks up fast on top of vibes/rites/etc.
    Vibes are inactive in retardation.  
  • harmful rites/harms are inactive in ret.

Passive curing ones aren't though!  It leads to such lolzy situations where Proficy arcs everyone with curare then 0.25 seconds later we get hallelujah healed of para.
  • Ryzeth said:

You probably meant this generally, but I always recommend duanathara. Just less of a chance you get spit into a death room in the off chance you're being radianced to clouds on purpose.
  • Yes, because everyone has 3000cr to spend on wings and earrings.  That's on top of the must have veils. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • KryptonKrypton shi-Khurena
    You can use Duanathara with eagle wings.
  • My mistake, I was thinking of Atavian wings. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Veils aren't a must-have for everyone anyways. Just need a couple people that own one (don't get me wrong though, I still think that they're stupid).
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Duanathar/duanathara = 800c
    Duanatharan = 1600c
    Duanatharic = 2000c

Or you can kill Yudhi in Dragon form for l2 wings!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited July 2017
    Atavian wings are 2k, not 1600.

Screw those now that island wings exist though. The only reason I'd ever buy atavian wings is to be able to chase everyone. Now that there are 4,967 different wings you need to chase people, will stick with eagle's only.
  • Don't need to chase 'em if they're already a soul...

• KyrraKyrra Australia
    Chenubian wings, the one wings to rule them all.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

• Chenubian Wings*

*= Only applies to old Chenubian wings.  Newer pairs are ridiculously lame.