Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• edited February 2017
    Ahmet said:
    Leg damage + prone + undeaf + forced application of restoration in a single balance is silly.

That is all.
    Rip minuet bard :(
  • Dalran said:
    Ahmet said:
    Leg damage + prone + undeaf + forced application of restoration in a single balance is silly.

That is all.
    Rip minuet bard :(
    'Cant break leg and force restoration, both requires balance. Xcept tremolo to break leg, that requires the leg to be shriveled or broken already. Also can't prone without jabbing, and can't order at the same time jab.
  • Are we sure he's not talking about monk....?
  • RomRom
    edited February 2017
    Ahmet should have been talking about Monk yes, then Dalran referenced pre-nerf Bard with balanceless Minuet (which could do what Ahmet described), Dochitha seemed to think Dalran was talking about present day Bard and now we are here. =)
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • AerekAerek East Tennessee, USA
    I admit, with Ahmet dipping a toe into combat, it's kinda vindicating to watch him come into contact with--and rant about--all the things that we in the business have seen, shook our heads in disbelief, and then adapted to while grumbling under our breath.
    -- Grounded in but one perspective, what we perceive is an exaggeration of the truth.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    @Aerek start exploring. I want to know the feeling of vindication. 

Please save me.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    What is this?

A flickering nimbus outlines (a priest) for an instant, before fading from sight.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Passive bedevil aura coming on. Means they're locked out of targeted healing until it comes off. Not sure of the duration off the top of my head. 

• 14 straight void misses, I don't think I did anything wrong here:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/pEUvmxLJ

Every eat is after herb balance. Can anyone point out anything I missed?
    I'm actually laughing out loud.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Dochitha said:
    14 straight void misses, I don't think I did anything wrong here:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/pEUvmxLJ

Every eat is after herb balance. Can anyone point out anything I missed?
    Testing with you is really not working in my favor :pensive:
  • @Dochitha is like me with room hinder, wow.
  • is tree tattoo balance supposed to be 15 seconds with efficiency(i think) in survival? If not what is it, or what can cause it to be lower?
  • Camroth said:
    is tree tattoo balance supposed to be 15 seconds with efficiency(i think) in survival? If not what is it, or what can cause it to be lower?
    there are few abilities that can cause it lower or reset. in one of depthswalker's terminus tree that enable you to reset a tattoo cd.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
    Thi (Terminus tattoo reset) is only useable every 8 mins. Lethal ink can make tree bal slower, IIRC.
    Huh. Neat.
  • It's Fliennad, not Thi.

Lethal ink and expert diagnoser traits both make tree slower.

Occie slime makes tree slower too.
    Ah, right. Thi is full wp/end/health/mana. Thats what I get for not sleeping.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Camroth said:
    is tree tattoo balance supposed to be 15 seconds with efficiency(i think) in survival? If not what is it, or what can cause it to be lower?

Yes, it's supposed to be 15. Used to be 10, but was increased a few years back. That's as low as it gets, everything else just makes it longer.
    edited March 2017
    One: The figure of Soandso blurs, and you notice a puzzled expression forming on his face before he vanishes from sight.

This is... what now?

EDIT: Nevermind for my second question. Further testing shows it's a different issue.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    One: The figure of Soandso blurs, and you notice a puzzled expression forming on his face before he vanishes from sight.

This is... what now?
    Searching my logs, I've never seen that line before, and couldn't find anything similarly-worded (such as a first-person version). Which isn't very helpful, but at least suggests that it's either new or rare.
  • edited March 2017
    I want to say that's displace but I could be wrong.

it could be the mdor equivalent of angel refuge?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited March 2017

Oh, wait. Was that in an enemy city? I think that's guard summon.

• Or the flagon?

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
    Probably guard summon. Monolith doesn't stop guard summon?
    Huh. Neat.
  • It doesn't, no.
    edited March 2017
    So what's the actual difference between webbed, roped and entangled? Writhe times?

EDIT: Transfix too, aside from requiring no blind.
    Huh. Neat.
  • edited March 2017
    Ahmet said:
    So what's the actual difference between webbed, roped and entangled? Writhe times?

EDIT: Transfix too, aside from requiring no blind.
    Webbed interacts with buckawns (not denizen web though). Roped ignores buckawns, and needs things like dragonflex or dwinnu (both of which also work for web). Transfix requires unblind, and takes longer to writhe free from. It is "more powerful" than the other two, as it were.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Webbed is stopped by buckawns

Roped and Entangled are the same thing.  I think.

Transfix is EQ (compared to balance) and can go between 3.5 and like.. 6+ seconds depending on if you do actions you aren't allowed to do during the writhe time.