Quick Combat Questions

Comments

• Is there a way to get serverside to use the insomnia skill over cohosh?
  • Viho said:
    Is there a way to get serverside to use the insomnia skill over cohosh?
    CURING INSOMNIA ON
  • curing insomnia on
  • Herp derp thank you
  • Several people on the coalition side have a crucible as well. Something something goose, something something gander?
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• You could just get out of the room it's placed in.

• They are easily avoidable, but when you have auto targeting scripts or don't listen to directions, that is the outcome.
  • Cynlael said:
    You could just get out of the room it's placed in.
    Puxi said:
    They are easily avoidable, but when you have auto targeting scripts or don't listen to directions, that is the outcome.
    Tentacles/tower/etc stop you from getting out of the room, and even if you don't attack anyone, they can still kill you to trigger it.
  • They aren't as easily avoidable when it gets placed/AoE/AoE/AoE/AoE in the span of 3 seconds to burst chain everyone in the room.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited October 2016
    Atalkez said:
    They aren't as easily avoidable when it gets placed/AoE/AoE/AoE/AoE in the span of 3 seconds to burst chain everyone in the room.
    Also this. 2k chaosrays/thunderstorm spam pretty gross.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited October 2016
    That seems more like an Occultist problem than a crucible problem. Magi and Sylvan (the other two classes that's popular for) have big warnings with time to get out, and monk deliverance is one of those things that are super telegraphed as well. Chaos rays is a different beast.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • Don't forget the blademaster lightning thing.
  • That is gated behind shin, and a BM can only ever do 3 in a row without re-shinning for more.

Not that it matters in practice, but it is different.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Daeir said:
    The Great Prophet has spoken, first about Hashan, then about crucibles.

When one is made, the miasma mask will be next.
    Not going to lie, I'm not looking forward to what the crucible and miasma mask could do together.
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

• well isn't chaos rays gated by karma? (i don't know much about how much karma it costs and how quickly you can regain it here)
    spread positivity
  • Its like 3% karma or something. Can easily get full karma in <10-15 minutes if you know what drops the good items. (And can kill them without trouble)

• Vender said:
    well isn't chaos rays gated by karma? (i don't know much about how much karma it costs and how quickly you can regain it here)
    Not particularly.

Also, chaosrays is only hitting for that much if you get a bad RNG roll against someone heavily artied since one of the rays actually heals you. Add in the fact that all of those AoEs hit everyone as opposed to enemies/specific people and it's fine.

The crucible is fine: It has a cooldown and it's only worth using on huge deathballs. The more people you bring, the better of a strategy it is. It's a suicide bomb which only works if you have to fight assymetrically.
  • Crucibles and the collectable talismans were a big reason I stopped playing. The crucibles added an extra frustration to the daily Targ raids and the talismans, imho, proved an extra divide between the have and have-nots. The balance of the that last point was a major draw for me into Achaea for years, I personsally felt this has changed over the past 2yrs or so. I understand the need for fresh content but don't like the way it's been done (2000 mini pets?). I don't see any value in these crucibles at all, totally the opposite in fact. Talismans are a Pandora's box which now can't be closed. 

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • Calyn said:
    ...someone heavily artied...
    That's most of the A-team right there.

• Sobriquet :
    I don't see any value in these crucibles at all, totally the opposite in fact.
    That's probably because you aren't a genocidal mass murderer like i am :D There's nooooothing more rewarding and awesome than lighting up deathsight on such a grand scale
  • edited October 2016
    Atalkez said:
    That is gated behind shin, and a BM can only ever do 3 in a row without re-shinning for more.

Thunderstorm is the main thing that's causing these crucible chains, so...

Not different. Jhui/Dunn/Emilia are all Thunderstorming and it's a lot more reliable than Chaos rays.

I don't really have a problem with it though. You should see it when necromancers do it with vengeance (way more reliable than rays)! My only complaint is no Devotion AoE.
  • On Sunday most of our group wipes were thanks to Exxia's vengeance alongside our AOE. Crucible is fun cause I know it worked when my client locks up and I come back true dead through burst. 

• Vengeance super dumb, yeah :D
  • Sentinel thornspray spam would be viable, if there were more Sentinels. Too bad the 1 vs 1 is kinda avoidable and meh.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • Technically, if you're dying to vengeance you're going to die anyways and that Vastar Miracle Jhui was hammering down was massive, added with the rays it was a group killer, I just got lucky and sniped some pad kills from ol 10k+ over here
  • Farrah said:
    Atalkez said:
    That is gated behind shin, and a BM can only ever do 3 in a row without re-shinning for more.

Thunderstorm is the main thing that's causing these crucible chains, so...

Not different. Jhui/Dunn/Emilia are all Thunderstorming and it's a lot more reliable than Chaos rays.

I don't really have a problem with it though. You should see it when necromancers do it with vengeance (way more reliable than rays)! My only complaint is no Devotion AoE.
    I was referring to the difference in spammability vs rays.

Like I said though, in practice the limitation isn't a limiting factor bc of pre-shin from allies.

• Puxi said:
    They are easily avoidable, but when you have auto targeting scripts or don't listen to directions, that is the outcome.

Seeing the word "auto" on these forums so much lately, combined with a tired brain, I read that as .... that is the autocome. I think this might be a good day for me to spend outside.

• How to deal with blackout spam monk? I'm just shielding, spamming diag, and waiting.
  • Pretty much it. Or leave area to break lock and return. Depends on if you're limb prepping or momentum, though. Depending on the skill of the monk, I tend to play chicken with blackout.