Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

PvE Analysis

1235»

Comments

• MinifieMinifie Posts: 1,049Member @ - Epic Achaean
    how does fully artie 2h compare to DWC? I've gotta prepare to come back soon, and some mindless bashing will hopefully put my mind back on track :).
  • NazihkNazihk Posts: 745Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited October 24
    They're both fuckin' great.

If budget is an issue, pick 2h for weapon costs. If budget isn't an issue, pick whichever one you prefer in PvP cause they're both kickass at bashing.
    Shirszae
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,069Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Minifie said:
    how does fully artie 2h compare to DWC? I've gotta prepare to come back soon, and some mindless bashing will hopefully put my mind back on track :).
    Hunting wise, fully artied, 2h is better than DWC, best dps of all specs. Crit smoothing isn't as good since you hit hard, but if you get a Maya, WSC and PRC could let you double kill. Also, Annihiliating probably one shot most stuffs. Your kill rate improves. 
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,266Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If Priests could use swords instead of maces you'd never see me as another class again.
    ShirszaeTorinn
    Daeir said:
    If Priests could use swords instead of maces you'd never see me as another class again.
    Let's trade.

Priests will be allowed to use swords, and in return DWB will be allowed to use maces.
    Dochitha
  • TorinnTorinn Posts: 544Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Ooooh I can be a 2h priest?! Heck yeah!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
    Dochitha
  • TelendriethTelendrieth Posts: 126Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I really wish SnB could use a spear. That would just be so much fun. 
  • TaryiusTaryius Posts: 303Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Torinn said:
    Ooooh I can be a 2h priest?! Heck yeah!
    Its called 'Paladin'
    DochithaCaelan
  • MathildaMathilda Posts: 564Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Okay but

wait for it

halberds for 2H!!!
     <3 
    Telendrieth
  • VoliVoli Posts: 32Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    It'd be neat if Priests could go with 2H Warhammers and such.

We can call them the Warrior Priest of Sigmar Aurora or something.
  • DochithaDochitha Posts: 1,069Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    @Reyson they need to RP duel all these ideas. 
    Voli said:
    It'd be neat if Priests could go with 2H Warhammers and such.

We can call them the Warrior Priest of Sigmar Aurora or something.
    You can already do that as a Priest:

Taryius said:
    Its called 'Paladin'

• ReysonReyson Posts: 277Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Dochitha said:
    @Reyson they need to RP duel all these ideas. 
    People are free to fight any way they want, as long as it's not too goofy! Can definitely use polearms if they want! Would be pretty badass, tbh!
  • AlyxeriAlyxeri Posts: 274Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Mathilda said:
    Okay but
    halberds for 2H!!!
    I was depressed when they announce weaponmastery and didn't have a polearm spec for it like MKO did, or Warrior in Lusternia.

Pretty much MKO's version of it, except their dragons weren't quite that big.
  • TorinnTorinn Posts: 544Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Nah nah nah.  2h with Mana drain and angel for absolve.  Ain't pally.
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,266Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited November 9
    Anecdotally speaking, mind crush feels pretty great on telepathy-specced monks. 17 int aldar+rain+quickwitted reduces it to about 2.4-2.5s, which means you're getting a warp/decay tier high damage attack at a medium damage attack's speed. Had great success holding mana prio with splitmind and boosted regen up and transmuting on every attack, was able to solo 2-3 mob rooms with little difficulty in Azdun Catacombs at a reasonable speed.

You can also stay in Shikudo rain, unequip the staff, wield an SoA and swiftmount too, which is pretty nice. You have to dismount to raze if you're so inclined, or hold off on aff-battlerage attacks to use the brage shatter instead.

You could probably cheese this further with numbness and transmute burning (aka: taking with numbness and then using a timer to transmute most of your mana pool to health once it finishes) to take on stuff that most lesserform classes wouldn't touch with a 10ft barge pole.
    Yeah, I'm really loving mind crush bashing. My sample experience has been a bit tainted by this damn lily though. I'm currently at 2 boons and 11 banes from it. 
    Shirszae
    You let a clouded glass lily fall to the ground, its fragile form crumbling into dust upon impact.

An ominous feeling comes over you

Make that 2 and 12.  :'(

How tanky is monk compared to dragon? I want to give mind crush a whirl :D
  • MindshellMindshell Posts: 174Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Mind crush (drs/rain)
    36.00% dmg, 2.34e (3.40), 15.38% p/s
    Dochitha
    I'm finding monk is equal in raw tankiness to dragon, but less health with more recovery. Vitality is gravy, and RHK UCP UCP for shield break means you can consistently kill when they shield. I still prefer dragon for the biggest places, though.
1235»
Sign In to Comment.