Synaptic lock

123457»

Comments

• edited July 2017
    I just tested it. At a distance (I assumed distance mattered, but not sure) a monk lost a lock on me at ~11.1 seconds, so the 15 seconds thing isn't true.

Time was 12:22:42.649 to 12:22:53.612, and it happened on the second try.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Pretty sure its a 15 second global timer that _all_ mindlocks are checked on, not 15 seconds from when you started locking.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Oh, well that's even less feasible than I thought it was in the first place. You have a global timer of 15 seconds that you can't really even see without failing in the first place, and you then have to code to start a timer from that initial fail, and base all your future mind breaks from that?

I feel like the assumption that sapience was always 'feasible' with a proper understanding of how this works is a bit of stretch, and 99.999% of the people who bought the artie in no way had this set up, so the entire point is moot. 
  • Once you have initiated a lock, every 15 seconds, the locked mind automatically gets a chance to 
    break the lock. The chance of breaking the lock is determined by a comparison of your current 
    willpower vs. the target's current willpower, and your Telepathy level vs. the target's Philosophy 
    level, and various mental defenses for both individuals.

Sounds like it's saying it's 15 seconds from when the lock starts, but we all know AB files can be unreliable at times.
  • Keorin said:
    After all, do we really think that every person buying this is doing it for a reduction in mana drain?
    Mana literally means nothing to me, I almost can't drain it fast enough outside of combat use. I got it to spy. Let's just say I'm not disappointed in my targets! ;)

• Draqoom said:
    Keorin said:
    After all, do we really think that every person buying this is doing it for a reduction in mana drain?
    Mana literally means nothing to me, I almost can't drain it fast enough outside of combat use. I got it to spy. Let's just say I'm not disappointed in my targets! ;)
    It was a once off, I swear! just an experiment! I didn't even really enjoy it!!
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Xaden said:
    Draqoom said:
    Keorin said:
    It was a once off, I swear! just an experiment! I didn't even really enjoy it!!
    Don't you dare sully our passion.

• To counter this I'm just going to send Game of Thrones spoilers every few seconds and gag them on my end. Easy fix.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Kogan said:
    To counter this I'm just going to send Game of Thrones spoilers every few seconds and gag them on my end. Easy fix.
    I'm like 104% sure Nicola would uphold the ensuing issues against you.  Anything but GoT. We're not animals. 
  • @Austere Did you know the white walkers are actually Jon's dad?
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Accipiter said:
    @Austere Did you know the white walkers are actually Jon's dad?
    This..is so cruel. Consider yourself issued.  I can't at work, but tonight... it's coming.  Prepare yourself.  Tempted to flag the post, but if I'm going to have to suffer, the rest of you can too!
  • Kogan said:
    To counter this I'm just going to send Game of Thrones spoilers every few seconds and gag them on my end. Easy fix.
    This is the best idea I've ever read on these forums. To be sure, though, you gotta do it for every major show, there's probably a bot somewhere out there that does it for twitter or something, just grab it and spam the life feed as commands.