Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

The Big Ship Thread

1235»

Comments

• TysandrTysandr Posts: 118Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I was incredibly irritated the first time I encountered chops. I thought "I'm never fucking doing this again" and then I wondered why it was designed to be so infuriating. I think they create great chokepoints for seamonsters and pirates (maybe).

I wonder if rather than having the navigable chops be impassable, consider making them a rougher version of the type waves and making them impassable at a certain hull threshold.
    Proof of Concepts: Sailing Map, Trading
    "It's not rocket surgery."

Bann
    Boredom struck while studying:

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 2,521Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tysandr said:
    Boredom struck while studying:

I've considered building something like that myself, but always get tangled up in knots, probably over-thinking it. From the screengrab, would I be correct in thinking you've basically just entered all of the paths, and you then read from a single table containing those paths, or have you got something super-clever that will build a path dynamically?

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    I do but it's easier to use hardcoded paths. The dynamic path builder I've written still has bugs in it because of my faulty logic. More importantly, as the starting data is static (the trades never change), a dynamic path builder has less to little value.

Added a cargo optimiser.

Mathilda
  • NazihkNazihk Posts: 668Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I have most of a dynamic pathfinder built, but I stopped when I realized that it really wasn't necessary.

The optimal path for a trade is pretty easy to determine just by looking at the chart, and you're almost never going to want to deviate from it. The alternatives either involve too much fucking sailing(Suliel, Karbaz, etc), or too many 3:2 trades that gut your profitability. 
    Tysandr
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 2,521Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I generally throw together a quick Excel spreadsheet, lots of rounddowns, takes about 2 minutes, that's why I've little incentive to actually code anything too clever

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    TysandrLaedha
  • MathildaMathilda Posts: 500Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Holy shit everything :(
     <3 
    Klendathu said:
    I generally throw together a quick Excel spreadsheet, lots of rounddowns, takes about 2 minutes, that's why I've little incentive to actually code anything too clever
    Exactly.

(but I also hate alt-tabbing)

• AlyxeriAlyxeri Posts: 142Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited October 4
    Tysandr said:

The fact the 'End of Report' line doesn't line up with the other -====- lines really triggers me. Why do you always do this with your scripts. :( Your belief tracker in Imperian did this too (at least in the version I had). Whyyyyy
    Tysandr
  • SiduriSiduri Posts: 1,419Member @ - Epic Achaean
    To mess with you, of course, @Alyxeri.

I saw that after I posted the image - it's fixed on my client now.. sorry. :)

• TahquilTahquil Posts: 3,704Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I think I paid Proficy 5cr for his. Never steered me wrong.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaPosts: 2,070Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Nazihk said:
    too many 3:2 trades that gut your profitability. 
    All routes ending on the same cargo have the exact same starting cargo price. (E.g., 5 spices costs 48,000 at start, no matter which route you take.)

Only difference in the profitability of different routes is from different harbour fees.
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
1235»
Sign In to Comment.