Your First Artefact.

That exciting first rush when you realized you had credits to burn, and you don't want to spend them on lessons, and decided to get an artefact is something I'm sure many of us have felt. When you stared in awe at the boggling collection of artefacts available, and you realized, 'which one do I want?'

Which artefact did you ultimately purchase? Which artefact, out of the countless many, drove you to snatch it up eagerly? Did you get something practical, or exciting? Something you got on a whim, or something you planned on for ages? Something you regretted, or something that you still use to this day, and can't live without?

Or conversely, if you have not gotten an artefact, which one have you been eyeing? Which one sings to you to make your own? Or do the ideas of artefacts make you laugh at the silly people that buy text cheating in Achaea?

I ask, because I am curious.

Comments

• I'll start, because why not.

My first artefact was a set of artefact pipes, because I could not get my head around getting relighting triggers to work, and was constantly dying to panicking and forgetting how to 'put ash in pipe' and 'light pipe' all while trying to heal and attack. I don't regret them, and love them to this day.
  • I believe the first line I snorted artefact I bought was the Collar of Ceylon.

• Same here. I sold the pets and crowns out of globes and realised I had enough for a pipe set. Probably my second best buy ever, after my wings that I got recently.

Can not say how many times those pipes have saved me.

• My first artefact was actually a top hat... just to screw with thieves. I keep it because I like it, even got it customized. Second was a hunter's belt
    meh

• My first artefact was Level 3 strength gauntlets. Wonderful asset
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    Loki's Tear Amulet, I used to be a milking machine.
  • I'm not 100% sure, but I think my first artefact was my level 1 halberd. It wasn't at all practical, though I did find some marginal use for it in bashing after using up all my willpower (it was half the DPS of curse bleed, so it wasn't terrible). I eventually traded it in to fund my class change to blademaster, which I regret sometimes.

Before that, I'd spent some credits on customisations (such as resetting and a reaction for Karoma's wedding ring), but mostly on skills.
  • I don't know what my first artefact was. Maybe a top hat? Then after that, I think I went straight for a pet monkey...

Poor decision making skills.
  • I believe that I got a pipe and a vial from promotions before I bought any artifacts of my own, then I made my wedding band nondecay. First artefact purchase was a quiver-- goodbye arrow spam.
  • elm pipe

• XerXer Langley
    edited December 2012
    An elm pipe will probably be my first artefact purchase. I seriously want some defensive artefacts as well, anything to keep me alive in raids longer. 1v1 isn't so bad, as long as I'm *extremely* careful, I feel like I could theoretically scrape by with a win (though I almost never do D: Too many silly mistakes, both defensively and offensively).

EDIT: Agree with Lianca before, customising gifts would be a nice way to start off haha. Have a gift in mind, but I'm prioritising lessons first >.>
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    e^(iπ) + 1 = 0
  • LiancaLianca Fire and Spice
    edited December 2012
    I save up for artefacts, work up a wish list, and then look over it a week later and think I don't want to feel obligated to fight, or bash, or inscribe. So, I tend to customise a gift for someone or get something equally as useless but fun.

The sweltering heat of the forge spills out across the land as the rumbling voice of Phaestus booms, "I want you to know, the Garden reaction to that one is: What?"
    The voice of Melantha, Goddess of the Seasons, echoes amid the rustle of leaves, "That's the censored version."
  • Circlet!
  • Hammer of Forging

ilysm @Tahquil
  • Level 1 band, probably a pretty common answer for blademasters. I was really trying to get the credits saved up before my first sword decayed, but missed it by a couple weeks. Then pipes.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    edited December 2012
    My first artefact was a tophat. I was the head aide for MoCA, which was a big deal to me, and I wanted to have every capability to run games - so, hat was needed.

This was during a time I did not get OOC credits at all, and was below level 60, so I didn't have a lot of gold, so it was a big deal to me to purchase! Still have it and love it. It's full of very pleasant memories.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • first artie were pipes...definitely one of the most useful artifacts ever. If we aren't counting little things like pipes, though, I think my first purchase was a level 2 sash, for my old monk char

• RuthRuth Singapore
    Mine was a fire pendant. Was bashing to Dragon.
    "Mummy, I'm hungry, but there's no one to eat! :C"

• Shield of Absorption, Magi cannot use shields otherwise, so get the full use of it, and it does have a lot of bang for the bucks
  • AdaAda
    edited December 2012
    @Kalvon gave me a fork on my b'day :x Yay to longer rites and now vibes!
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    I also got a tuning fork as my first Artie
  • First purchase was a quiver on a whim after I placed in a great hunt and won 150 credits. Haven't regretted it, no more replacing the damn arrows. First artefact was before that I think, vial from a promotion on another character, and one on Katz from a globe. I have bought a few artefacts since, though nothing majorly expensive, and I don't regret any of them.

Honourable, knight eternal,

Darkly evil, cruel infernal.

Necromanctic to the core,

Dance with death forever more.

• Fire Pendant, dam I loved hunting.... was awesome specially for a monk.
  • I think the most common answer is pipes, which was probably my first as well (can't really recall). Shortly after was a hammer, then I think lv1 belt and lv1 bracelet at the same time.

First artefact once I got Dragon was an SoA.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited December 2012
    A signet ring,a taper of eternity, and minutes later, and a set of artefact pipes.

Edit: i didn't get the tuning fork until I was bard. I'm slow this morning.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Pipes for me too.

After that I went for an armband to increase tekura accuracy.
  • SoA. I think @Zulah had one and we use to bash Meropis together so I needed one as well!
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    On my old main, gloves of harvesting. 

On Sherazad, gem of transmutation. D: FB cr >.>
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Vibrating stick for increased mobility.

(Don't make the obvious joke; you're cooler than that.)
  • edited December 2012
    I've never purchased an artie because I've never really had a main character, and all the effort goes into bitransing let alone omni and arties. If I were to get arties, it would of course depend on what class I settled down as... but most likely just a sip ring and then save up for a pair of artefact weapons for customisation. Oh, and an artie pet. :P I dream of the day...

I want me some 100/208/238 weaponry.