Mhaldorian Families

There are currently four 'major' Mhaldorian families listed as proper houses within the city, with details on the acceptance of minor family houses but none that I could see. It certainly seems that there are significant roleplay opportunities if the help scroll is anything to go by, with city functions and privileges afforded to the current family in line for the next event. With that in mind, are there any political ramifications or in game opportunities opened to being in any of them?  

And if anyone has experience in one of the families, how active are they? And are there application processes to them or do you just need to wait to be approached by a member? It's intriguing if it's treated as a serious, Game-of-Thronesque type of subactivity in the city, along with politics and order affiliation. But I have no idea. I've approached my character's background as being from a strict Mhaldorian family (even if an insignificant one) and upbringing, which makes it easier to approach future public prayers, sermons, and combat with an air of experience despite age. However, it'd be pretty awesome if the family mechanic in place within the city held some activity or opportunities.

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated!

Comments

• Awesome. Thanks! That's what I figured and was mostly hoping for, especially the idea of them being noble houses with a more serious perspective on Mhaldorian RP.

I also don't mind having Sartai ordership being the only option either, since I've already joined the Votaries of the Black Cathedral with some religious activities scheduled ahead, I just assumed it will take a much longer time before being allowed as an initiate of an Order. 

At at any rate, I've been really enjoying the opportunities and RP of Mhaldor so far.
  • Torn between liking to agree and not liking because you're a filthy heathen wearing the name unearned :angry:
  • edited May 2017
    Gannicus said:
    There are currently four 'major' Mhaldorian families listed as proper houses within the city, with details on the acceptance of minor family houses but none that I could see. It certainly seems that there are significant roleplay opportunities if the help scroll is anything to go by, with city functions and privileges afforded to the current family in line for the next event. With that in mind, are there any political ramifications or in game opportunities opened to being in any of them?  

And if anyone has experience in one of the families, how active are they? And are there application processes to them or do you just need to wait to be approached by a member? It's intriguing if it's treated as a serious, Game-of-Thronesque type of subactivity in the city, along with politics and order affiliation. But I have no idea. I've approached my character's background as being from a strict Mhaldorian family (even if an insignificant one) and upbringing, which makes it easier to approach future public prayers, sermons, and combat with an air of experience despite age. However, it'd be pretty awesome if the family mechanic in place within the city held some activity or opportunities.

Any thoughts on the matter would be appreciated!
    how's it going? Though it's probably been brought up, only Mhaldor citizens CR2+ can obtain one of these bloodlines. When you see someone non-Mhaldorian holding one of these names, it's unearned by our culture. The thing is about these families is that you have to prove yourself for this suffix. The Lichlord (My character's family) family is one of the most notorious player killing lines in the game (<tagremoved>Dunn). So it's just funny to see someone with 0 Adventurer Kills holding a Lichlord surname.

If you choose to join Mhaldor and put your mind into it, you could definitely get a cool family to be apart of. 

edit: yes we kill for holding our bloodlines without merit.
  • edited May 2017
    Morthif said:
    Aristata is clearly the most superior. 
     =) lol 100 100
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Exxia said:

edit: yes we kill midbies for holding our bloodlines without merit. We don't fk with scary people like Dunn or Morthif
    Ftfy. @Morthif/@Dunn what's your thoughts on adoption?
  • we were told that last part was implied.
  • Just thought I'd add. The mhaldorian families started as bloodlines.  These bloodlines were so prominent in their service to Sartan and Mhaldor, in Mhaldor they rose above being simple denotations of bloods and became only taken by those servants most loyal to Him (regardless of actual blood lineage).

That is why some outside Mhaldor bare the name (related by blood to former Mhaldorians that were about when the family names were passed via bloodlines). And some Mhaldorians take offence to them (those that think the family names are just glorified titles for those who show current exemplary service).
  • edited May 2017
    Not all the Mhaldorian families started as bloodlines, actually. That's factually incorrect despite how frequently it's trotted out. What they started as also irrelevant to their current state. Even the bloodline ones usually only went to 'deserving' lineage.
  • The current state of families and how they work is pretty well detailed in the city help file on families. That's probably the document you want to base yourself on, not random stuff some people who might be wrong on forums say.

That said, I've heard in game that some of the family heads are dormant, so maybe look to meet members of the family you're considering to make sure you'll have be able to have interaction while you're usually logged in, down the road. 
  • Good information all around, thanks all! It's definitely an interest for down the road when my character is more established.