Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules
Yet another "help me pick a class".
First, I understand how old and tiring the questions get. My apologies in advance for asking another of them. I promise I spent time reading through the forums before opening a new post.
I'm a returning IRE player, having played fairly extensively nearly a decade ago, and once or twice briefly since. The game has changed pretty wildly, and I'm having a hard time getting back up to speed.
So, I need help choosing a class that will work well for my time and financial constraints. I've been reading through the forums over the last few days, and it's tough to get a balanced opinion of classes without artifacts
. Nearly every class discussion I've read compares classes with an assumption that several artifacts are going to available; I will probably never purchase one. I'm willing to tri-trans my class, but that's probably as much as I'm going to be able to invest.
With that said, I need suggestions for a bashing-based class. I do plan on getting back into PvP at some point, but realistically most of my time for the foreseeable future is going to be bashing and working on building a new combat system. Here are my thoughts so far:
- I tend to favor physical classes, and I tend to prefer higher speed classes in general; this is not a hard rule though.
- Again, I will not be purchasing artifacts anywhere in the foreseeable future.
- Blademaster looks appealing, but if the forums are accurate, they're probably not my best bet.
- Bard seemed to be heavily suggested and was my first attempt to come back, but I just can't wrap my head around the class flavor and is out of the running.
- I played Monk in the past, so I'm not sure that I'd want to do that again. If it's great, I may go that route anyways.
- I will need help! Suggestions for an active city with friendly players is necessary, and I know that some classes are only available for certain cities.
- I will have maybe at most an hour a day to play—I work full time and am also building my own business on the side, so free time is not a luxury I have. As a result, I can't pick anything with a high learning curve or a lot of time investment required (e.g., countless hours forging weapons).
Thanks for putting up with another of these threads!