Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Should I Just Start Over?

1235»

Comments

• TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,338 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tahquil normally has a good bead on things, but I am living proof that nobody will force you to raid in Mhaldor. Defense is a different story, but even that's like, a slap on the wrist/execution, which is essentially nothing.

BoosteyaAntidasUtianima
  • BoosteyaBoosteya Member Posts: 327 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I have read this entire thread, since I have an old occie alt in Mdor that's staying dormant until/unless I'm sure that she will not be made to change her class. I have zero intention of unMhaldoring her. Either she will be dormant, or I might try to play her again.

what I'd really like to do with her (and I know it's a pipe dream) is to change her class to... hmm, what was the name of that class for occultists who wouldn't trade in necromancy for occultism? Outcasts? If that's not quite it, but you know the word I want:

Yeah, that! Except obviously she's trading in occultism for necromancy, vs. the other way around.

I like to think I'm really good at coming up with cool ideas. I wish I were any good whatsoever at putting them into practice.
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 3,573 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited May 10
    Aodfionn said:
    Tahquil just has an epic rageboner for Targ, and seemingly for Mhaldor. Some folks ain't ever gonna be happy with the state of things, but pretending that anyone is forced to raid is just silly.
    Mhaldor and Targosass are my favourite cities for exactly what I said.

I actually find it a little lame that you can say no Daddy, I don't feel like it today. 
  • KietKiet Member Posts: 1,780 @ - Epic Achaean
    You can't say no to S, but he's only like ordered one raid that I know of.
  • AralayaAralaya Member Posts: 300 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    No one is forced to raid in Targ and it is nowhere near as absolute. Sure the Dawnlord's word is law but you can still question it.
  • XadenXaden Member Posts: 1,783 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aralaya said:
    No one is forced to raid in Targ and it is nowhere near as absolute. Sure the Dawnlord's word is law but you can still question it.
    Quiet, she'll hear you!!
    TorinnUtianimaFarrahTalamond
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember, Secret Squirrel Posts: 6,039 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited May 10
    I mean, she's not wrong.

ICly if the Tyrannus says "go raid" you don't go "i can't my liege my aubergines need tending", you go raid or you get executed. In practice, people who don't want to do combat all that much aren't forced to because of OOC consideration and the ensuing drama being way more than it's worth, but the possibility does remain that you will be asked to do something that you may not like with a greater frequency than that of more benevolent factions. If you don't like the prospect of being in an extremist alignment, then you probably shouldn't play in any of the hardline factional cities.

So, yeah. In Targossas at least, shits are not given so long as you at least make a periodic effort to defend when we do get raided. Nobody is ever forced to go on offensive raids, ever. Like, ICly we consider the upholding of your oath to extend only as far as mandatory defense (occasionally), and any external offensive stuff is entirely up to you.

Which means you're stuck in Cyrene in modern day Achaea, because all the others have pretty clear focuses and goals to orient themselves around.
    :pleased::pleased:
  • RazaraRazara Member Posts: 53 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Maybe a better question is: Will I still get taunted for playing a forestal in Mhaldor because my character "doesn't make sense"?
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 2,377 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Razara said:
    Maybe a better question is: Will I still get taunted for playing a forestal in Mhaldor because my character "doesn't make sense"?
    You have the power to make it make sense.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

CooperUtianimaAziikHalos
  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited May 10
    Razara said:
    People outside of Mhaldor will taunt you for the most petty of things. That's how online games are for the most part. The key is to ignore such people, and don't let them distract/discourage you from playing the way you're playing. Just tell Proficy or Aegoth if people are being giant assholes, they'll go raid/kill them for you.

People in Mhaldor, as the thread's dictated, likely won't give a toss if you stay Druid. Not sure how being a Druid in Mhaldor "doesn't make sense" - being Mhaldorian doesn't mean you have to like Exterminating. I mean most people like 'forest conflict' about as much as they like shrine conflict. Except @Atalkez, he loves it a lot. Especially the bashing for essence part.
    @Klendathu @Ryzeth Yeah, I guess you're right. I'll probably stay in Mhaldor, but I'll at least make an alt first so I don't burden everyone by not remembering how the game works.
  • KietKiet Member Posts: 1,780 @ - Epic Achaean
    You'd be just as much 'burdening' people as an alt, just different people :tongue:

You're giving yourself anxiety over nothing. Relax. We help old characters who don't even remember how to buy vials all the time. Stay or leave Mhaldor, I don't care, but don't obstruct your own gaming experience over things that are only in your head.
    Utianima
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 3,904 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    @Ryzeth the part that doesn't make sense is that she wants to rp a druid who supports the forest and doesn't dislike Eleusis, while still remaining in Mhaldor. 

Druid is fine, the other part is not. 

Kiet said:
    You'd be just as much 'burdening' people as an alt, just different people :tongue:

Fair enough, though I'll still feel better if I can initially be a burden as a character who who isn't like 500 years old, or something.
    Cooper said:
    @Ryzeth the part that doesn't make sense is that she wants to rp a druid who supports the forest and doesn't dislike Eleusis, while still remaining in Mhaldor. 

What part, Cooper?

• JovoloJovolo EnglandMember Posts: 3,118 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The part in which he outlined it doesn't make sense - supporting the forests, no dislike of Eleusis. Those are... controversial views in Mhaldor.

I can't believe this thread has lasted for 5 pages. I agree with Kiet, you are overcomplicating this and giving yourself anxiety over non-issues. Just try playing in Mhaldor and see how it works for you personally. No one here is going to tell you how you're going to deal with it. Go play the game and find out.
    Cooper
  • SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,378 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Razara said:

Cooper said:

What part, Cooper?

I'm going to go out on a tentacle and say "...who supports the forest and doesn't dislike Eleusis, while still remaining in Mhaldor".

CooperBoosteya
    I think I said this already, but I tried to join Shallam when I didn't understand how unforgiving people are for leaving a city in this game, tried to rejoin Eleusus, and the leader at the time said no, so I was like, "Screw it."
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 912 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited May 10
    I have intense anxiety and OCD, and I break out in severe sweats and shakes, sometimes to vomit potential just for house interviews, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in mhaldor, and slowly that anxiety is lessening. You have all the power in your character's story, just prepare for having to "deal" (it's not even bad :D) with the strictness in Mhaldor, and trust me, no matter how garbage you are at anything, no one is going to personally crap on you. I should know, I can barely code basic triggers :)
    Utianima
    Minifie said:
    I have intense anxiety and OCD, and I break out in severe sweats and shakes, sometimes to vomit potential just for house interviews, and I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in mhaldor, and slowly that anxiety is lessening. You have all the power in your character's story, just prepare for having to "deal" (it's not even bad :D) with the strictness in Mhaldor, and trust me, no matter how garbage you are at anything, no one is going to personally crap on you. I should know, I can barely code basic triggers :)
    Same here regarding anxiety and OCD. When I last played, I think I ended up crying more than a few times, but I still enjoyed my time in Mhaldor enough that I've been considering going back to this game for years. Honestly, when I was in college learning to program, part of my motivation was that it would help me be good at Achaea, eventually.
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 3,904 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Razara said:
    Kiet said:

Fair enough, though I'll still feel better if I can initially be a burden as a character who who isn't like 500 years old, or something.
    Cooper said:

What part, Cooper?

Lol. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

Cooper said:
    Razara said:
    Kiet said:

Cooper said:

What part, Cooper?

Lol. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. 

This is the forum and not Mhaldor, so you don't have to RP as a jerk here.
    Boosteya
  • AegothAegoth Member Posts: 2,047 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    lols @ cooper RPing
    BoosteyaTrey
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember, Secret Squirrel Posts: 6,039 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cooper without the RP is just Cooer.
    :pleased::pleased:
    Yeah, I guess that's true. XD
    You guys are great. Glad to be back. :3
    UtianimaPrythe
1235»
Sign In to Comment.