Comments

• Tell us more!
  • Damn I figured you gave up working on this, no updates for ages!

Kalila said:
    Tell us more!
    http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/5082/trex-beta-release-v-09#latest
  • edited May 2017
    Kalila said:
    Tell us more!
    It's got multiclass and defense handling that is persistently saved across each class you play. If you have keepups for say... Runewarden and another for Depthswalker and Dragon. It'll remember each one independently whenever you switch/dragonform. Tested over and over by a crazy guy who multiclasses seven classes.

That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • What's it got over wsys? Or svof other than multiclass handling?
  • Also screenshots or logs of it doing cool stuff?
  • edited May 2017
    Tahquil said:
    Also screenshots or logs of it doing cool stuff?
    @Tahquil
    @Kalila
    @Kiet

Sure!  Here is an example of me first removing my Direwolf from the mount list, then adding it in and naming the wolf "Fluffly" then also adding two more mounts to the list.. via the blue add mount link.  This ties into server side Vault and Mount handling. Server side will use the mount you have selected in this list and your mount.  Your 'V' alias is your vault alias that will auto vault this mount if server side doesn't.  

• @Ryzeth  Start using this and format your NDB for it. XD
  • Nehmrah said:
    @Ryzeth  Start using this and format your NDB for it. XD
    Your last post said it needs Mudlet 3.0.

No can do, hombre. I'm avoiding that like the plague.
  • Ryzeth said:
    Nehmrah said:

Mudlet 3.1 is pretty great. Not sure what the complaints are now.
  • AustereAustere Tennessee
    Morthif said:
    Ryzeth said:
    Nehmrah said:

Mudlet 3.1 is pretty great. Not sure what the complaints are now.
    3.1 is sexy af. The search function is a little obnoxious with the highlighting, but 10/10 would recommend
  • I've never used Lua, but this is still fascinating. All good things come from GitHub.
  • edited May 2017

This is how you save your system settings AFTER installation and SETUP.  This enables you to just copy and paste your system settings into your Mudlet Home Directory on a fresh installation so you do not have to go through the setup process over again.

1) Open your .config/profiles .. Mudlet home directory.
    2) Click the order by Type Button to re-order your files for easy selection.
    3) Select & Copy the files same files HIGHLIGHTED in this list, (in the image above).
    4) Create a New Folder on your Desktop.
    5) Name it 'TReX Settings Backup'.

6) Copy and Paste your selected files into the designated folder on your desktop.

Tada!!

Your system settings are now saved for easy transfer when upgrading to new packages!

NOTE: On a Fresh System Install.

1) Open the your 'TReX Backup Folder' on your Desktop.

2) Highlight & Right-Click & Copy the saved files from your TReX Backup Folder on your Desktop.
    3) Paste files into your Mudlet Home Directory  .config/profiles folder.

*NOTE: YES, you want to over-write any files that may be there.
    *NOTE: NO, do NOT paste the files into the TReX folder. These files stay in the profile section of your directory. See my file path in the photo above for an example.

• edited October 2017

The highlighted (in blue) file above is a new table that should be added to your 'back up' folder. If you create one. Its great for those moments you log in Achaea and TReX thinks you need to install again. GMCP/MUDLET does that. (occasionally). This is the quick fix! You can literally be logged in -- when you drag the files in into your .config directory, and then DO 'tlogin' in your mudlet screen CMD line; and WALA! Your up and running again with all your previously saved system settings. And for those of us with Multiple classes, can be a real life saver.
  • edited October 2017
    I've uploaded a video file for the basic TReX Installation here: 

SUBSCRIBE HERE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FvapMQgZv29slg9pqqCBw?sub_confirmation=1

Let me know how you like it! Like my channel too so I know you want more videos! I've never made a video before :open_mouth:
  • Often get this requested for people who want a more verbose prompt:

Please feel free to message me if you get any bugs. I'll try to debug them and communicate issues to Nehmrah.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Some more bug fixes for prompt:

trigger gets sent twice.

• prompt cleaning in the lua files:

This will prevent it from spamming weird prompt lines from out of nowhere when you're viewing helpfiles, using any elist|vlist skills, or moving around with CONFIG MAPSHOW ALL.

• Lucianus said:

prompt cleaning in the lua files:

This will prevent it from spamming weird prompt lines from out of nowhere when you're viewing helpfiles, using any elist|vlist skills, or moving around with CONFIG MAPSHOW ALL.

Still buggy... :/

Purpose of disabling that line was to avoid this abomination:

but it seems all that does is result in blank newlines getting created:

Due to whenever this weird-arse trigger gets fired causes it possess a deleteLine():

and I'm not really a fan of this trigger either cause the pdb variable it generates and stores globally can get huge and result in a memory crash:

• Oh I see. This part was commented out in the latest mudlet mapper:

Well that explains why the pdb variable can get big. Huh...
  • I've been trying to get TReX to work so that I can finally utilize my second class without switching mudlet profiles..

I have two questions, if anyone can help! 

1. The system has been adding in random prompts between HONORS lines. Like so. Any reason why?
    Dairon Lycrest (male Grook).
     7893(100)%, 6129(99)%, (100)%, (100)%, (R: 0) x|ckeidb  10% 
    [4]:[blind: deaf: insomnia: bleed (27)]
    He is 349 years old, having been born on the 17th of Valnuary, 409 years after the fall of the
    Seleucarian Empire.
    He is ranked 56th in Achaea.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is not known for acts of infamy.
    He is a Patrician in Ashtan.
    He is a Recruit in the army of Ashtan.
    He is considered to be approximately equal to your might.
    He is an Operative of the Consortium in the Esoteric Consortium.
    He is a mentor and able to take on proteges.
    His motto: 'Unseen, unheard.'
    He bears the arms: Sable, a chief Argent and a pair of vipers glissant combatant of the second.
    See HONOURS DEEDS DAIRON to view his 6 special honours.

2. I've been getting the following error repeatedly. Not sure how to fix it since most of the code seems to be hidden. 

<div>[ERROR:] object:<you stand> function:<Trigger635></div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<...mudlet\profiles\trex achaea\TReX\TReX_serverside.lua:2032: attempt to index field&nbsp;</div><div>'afflictions' (a nil value)></div>

It would be great if I could get some help! I'm going to be cutting down on a lot of the fancy stuff in the system, since a lot of is replaced by what I've got set up. I just need the barebones so that curing/defences will last through class change. 

Thanks. 

• Dairon said:
    I've been trying to get TReX to work so that I can finally utilize my second class without switching mudlet profiles..

1. The system has been adding in random prompts between HONORS lines. Like so. Any reason why?
    He is 349 years old, having been born on the 17th of Valnuary, 409 years after the fall of the
    Seleucarian Empire.
    He bears the arms: Sable, a chief Argent and a pair of vipers glissant combatant of the second.

2. I've been getting the following error repeatedly. Not sure how to fix it since most of the code seems to be hidden. 

<div>[ERROR:] object:<you stand> function:<Trigger635></div><div>&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;<...mudlet\profiles\trex achaea\TReX\TReX_serverside.lua:2032: attempt to index field&nbsp;</div><div>'afflictions' (a nil value)></div>

It would be great if I could get some help! I'm going to be cutting down on a lot of the fancy stuff in the system, since a lot of is replaced by what I've got set up. I just need the barebones so that curing/defences will last through class change. 

Thanks. 

You'll find all the code under the path: .config\mudlet\profiles\Achaea\TReX\

Line 2032 is trying to insert the table t.serverside.afflictions[aff] into a local variable, but apparently the t.serverside.afflictions table does not seem to exist for you.

If you're still interested in using the system. Let me know what caused it so I can reproduce this error and test it out.

I have a feeling it's not loading the external files correctly after installation.

• edited January 2018
    @Dairon If you still need help, hit me up. Will be back around for a bit.

• I've been trying to get TReX to work so that I can finally utilize my second class without switching mudlet profiles..

Seleucarian Empire.

[ERROR:] object:<you stand> function:<Trigger635>
             <...mudlet\profiles\trex achaea\TReX\TReX_serverside.lua:2032: attempt to index field 
    'afflictions' (a nil value)>

Thanks. 

@Dairon This issue is fixed with update v1.5.04
  • Best fix ever. I'm going to keep an eye out for more quality of life changes and bugfixes to make for the next few updates.
  • Lucianus said:
    Best fix ever. I'm going to keep an eye out for more quality of life changes and bugfixes to make for the next few updates.
    Okay, not the best fix ever. Prompt too greedy. D: (not enough time for testing like I used to. :( )

Rewrote it for hotfix update.
  • Yes, fixed one issue with the prompt, opened another can of worms, think this is going to kill me.
  • I think these issues are finally behind us. Yay :)  If anyone has any issues hit me up in game.
  • SherazadSherazad Planef Urth
    Is there a clan for T-ReX?
    Bleh, work ate my gaming life.
    내가 제일 잘 나가!!!111!!1

• Sherazad said:
    Is there a clan for T-ReX?
    Yes! I can invite you in game.
  • Hi
    I've been trying the 3 public systems out to see which one I like best, but haven't had much luck with Trex. I really like the way it looks/feels though, so I want to get it working before I settle on the one system.

I've been through the install instructions multiple times, and tried several fresh installs of it on two separate laptops. I keep getting a corrupted settings error when I restart mudlet. On my main laptop, after setting it all up, configuring the prompt etc, it is all lost when I restart mudlet. Typing in 'settings' or 'prompt' shows this only:
    System Settings
     - Sip Health at<br>
    And typing 'tload' doesn't help, while typing 'tlogin' returns this:
    [†] System File Loaded
    [†] TReX not installed, or the file is corrupt; best to reinstall.

On my old surface pro 2, typing 'tlogin' returns the same error, though it semi-works, while typing 'tload' semi-works. By that I mean that the settings and prompt dialogues now show correctly, although the settings are incorrect - for example, while 'prompt' is checked, I'm not seeing the custom prompt until I first uncheck it, then check it again.

Is this the error you (@Nehmrah) refer to earlier in the thread after showing how to backup/restore the profile?

If you don't mind, could you please:
    1. Check the 'tlogin' alias and see if it is working for you or displaying the same error
    2. Explain what this alias actually does? Tload and tsave make sense, but the purpose of tlogin confuses me. 

Thanks!