Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

The "Is it a Bug?" Thread- NO EXCUSES

JinsunJinsun TN, USAPosts: 2,830Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
So, after all the talk of recent bug abuse and complaints (not from me) that maybe some rules are hard to follow and bug updates are hard to track, I thought we could use a place to discuss bugs, the general community's thoughts on a potential bug while the reports or issues are pending, and just to ask IS THIS A BUG?

I'll start:

Currently, you can gare, xenophage, and do a few other things while on a floating ship at sea, but not in harbour. In harbour and island fast traveling methods, I know were banned as result of an unintended loophole. Is the being able to from a ship at sea a loophole or just part of the risk of leaving your ship floating? I've issued me over it and am currently not using it because of my paranoia.


image
KezMicaelisAntidasSiduriUtianimaDochithaLoalaineShimi
«134

Comments

  • KezKez Posts: 646Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    It's a good thought but telling the whole forums about bugs that could be exploited is potentially bad.
    Frederich
  • MicaelisMicaelis Posts: 266Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Jinsun said:
    So, after all the talk of recent bug abuse and complaints (not from me) that maybe some rules are hard to follow and bug updates are hard to track, I thought we could use a place to discuss bugs, the general community's thoughts on a potential bug while the reports or issues are pending, and just to ask IS THIS A BUG?

    I'll start:

    Currently, you can gare, xenophage, and do a few other things while on a floating ship at sea, but not in harbour. In harbour and island fast traveling methods, I know were banned as result of an unintended loophole. Is the being able to from a ship at sea a loophole or just part of the risk of leaving your ship floating? I've issued me over it and am currently not using it because of my paranoia.


    I believe it's a bug. I talked about it with a few people a few rl months ago, specific to regular/chenubian wings. Imo if you can't do something on a ship with regular wings that you can do with chenubian wings, then you shouldn't be able to replicate the chenubian wing part through another means. 

    Though, given the danger you spoke of, I don't really think it's something you'd get in trouble for. It's not as if you're not taking a tangible chance. I seriously doubt, even if it is a bug, they'd go after you unless you abused it as an escape method or something of that sort.
  • AegothAegoth Posts: 2,190Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kez said:
    It's a good thought but telling the whole forums about bugs that could be exploited is potentially bad.
    But that's how Nicola's garden grows
    FrederichValariaBoosteyaHyperlith
  • AccipiterAccipiter Posts: 263Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Pretty sure in the announce post that stopped Gare said it just stopped it while in a harbour and if you wanted to leave your ship floating that is your choice.
  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,171Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The bug was that you could start docking, wait to gare, gare, then docking completes, then gare goes through.

    You cannot do that any more.

  • JovoloJovolo EnglandPosts: 3,120Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Who do you wish to catcall?
    Kafziel
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,276Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You can PTV from ocean tiles in the wilderness if you have access to them via the transoceanic orb. Not sure if this one has been fixed.
  • XadenXaden Posts: 2,137Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You know how if you rune yourself up (with runebinding) and you switch class
    The runes stay for the full 12hours
    Is that a bug?

    @Makarios @Nicola
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 2,622Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Daeir said:
    You can PTV from ocean tiles in the wilderness if you have access to them via the transoceanic orb. Not sure if this one has been fixed.
    Seems to be only when you get close enough to the mainland (either Sapience or Meropis). I tried for a while near Ageiro, ended up nearly all the way back.

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,242Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Xaden said:
    You know how if you rune yourself up (with runebinding) and you switch class
    The runes stay for the full 12hours
    Is that a bug?

    @Makarios @Nicola
    Seems like it should be considered intentional, since it worked that way prior to multiclass with switching to dragon as a Runewarden. It's essentially just convenience, anyway; saves you ~20 seconds an hour on not having to switch to Runewarden, rune yourself, and switch back.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 3,341Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I thought all your runes faded on class switch? Or did that change?
    Huh. Neat.
  • XadenXaden Posts: 2,137Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ahmet said:
    I thought all your runes faded on class switch? Or did that change?
    There was a whole thing with this. Fairly certain when they changed the code to make runes on runeblades persist through class switch they made everything else stick about by accident.

    If I'm not mistaken wunjo/nairat still hit (this has definitely been bugged - and Dunn messaged Mak directly too).

  • TahquilTahquil Posts: 3,785Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Some personal runes don't fade on class switch. I'm not sure which ones. However, they should fall dormant/convery no benefit.
  • XadenXaden Posts: 2,137Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Tahquil said:
    Some personal runes don't fade on class switch. I'm not sure which ones. However, they should fall dormant/convery no benefit.
    All of them. Jera, Berkana and Algiz all stick about. Algiz and Jera definitely both still convey their benefit. Can't tell for sure about Berkana. Cos I'm not bothered testing whether or not I have level 2 or level 3 regen in bard.
  • AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,242Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited April 27
    Bard conveys no health regen that counts as a level, so unless you have Suremekh'neina (or the regen power from it), you don't have level three.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 3,341Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited April 27
    Or just remove your regen arties. Make it easy. @Xaden

    EDIT: Also, I'd not be worried about those runes conveying regular value. I'd double-check and make sure that Algiz isn't working for pvp damage after class switch. Bad coding checks, and all! Someone should test that.
    Huh. Neat.
  • XadenXaden Posts: 2,137Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Antonius said:
    Bard conveys no health regen that counts as a level, so unless you have Suremekh'neina (or the regen power from it), you don't have level three.
    Level 2 arte + berkana is my point. 

    Whether or not the berkana is active while I'm in bard, thus giving me level 3 in bard.
  • XadenXaden Posts: 2,137Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ahmet said:
    Or just remove your regen arties. Make it easy. @Xaden

    EDIT: Also, I'd not be worried about those runes conveying regular value. I'd double-check and make sure that Algiz isn't working for pvp damage after class switch. Bad coding checks, and all! Someone should test that.
    Will test eventually. I just don't wanna go and place in the great hunt and then get shrubbed for abusing a bug to win credits.
  • AesgarAesgar Posts: 375Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited April 27
    Seems silly to ask the admin here if something is intended or a bug. If you really want to find out, BUG it. If it's not a bug, they'll dismiss it
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USAPosts: 2,830Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Antidas said:
    Aesgar said:
    Seems silly to ask the admin here if something is intended or a bug. If you really want to find out, BUG it. If it's not a bug, they'll dismiss it
    Disagree. This thread is great, because bugs don't always get looked at immediately (case and point the most recent shenanigans with seafaring), but the community will always respond with something pretty quickly. I imagine that even if the community answers incorrectly about whether or not its a bug, @Makarios and @Nicola are on the forums constantly and if it was serious enough, would likely say something or fix it before it got too out of hand.
    That was very much the intent of the thread, thanks.
    image
    AntidasDochithaShimiTrey
  • AesgarAesgar Posts: 375Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Antidas said:
    Aesgar said:
    Seems silly to ask the admin here if something is intended or a bug. If you really want to find out, BUG it. If it's not a bug, they'll dismiss it
    Disagree. This thread is great, because bugs don't always get looked at immediately (case and point the most recent shenanigans with seafaring), but the community will always respond with something pretty quickly. I imagine that even if the community answers incorrectly about whether or not its a bug, @Makarios and @Nicola are on the forums constantly and if it was serious enough, would likely say something or fix it before it got too out of hand.

    Makes sense. I guess the community usually has a general idea
  • UtianimaUtianima Norway and AustriaPosts: 215Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Great initiative @Jinsun. I think it's a good idea to foster culture for openness about potential bugs, as well as provide a forum where people can give feedback on whether or not something is already considered a bug and awaiting a fix.

    From the admins perspective, I do think it might potentially lead to some extra work as they most likely will have to input the bugs into their in-game bug system.

    To help with that, how about we compile a list of all reported bugs in this thread? Maybe weekly. If no one else feel like it, I can volunteer to do the work.

    Jinsun
  • KayeilKayeil Washington StatePosts: 2,711Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    There is a rift bug. I don't know if it's getting everyone but Kogan and I have both had it. Makarios fixed it for him (we think) and I just noticed it today (even though it didn't effect me when Kogan was as I had checked).

    So when Kogan had it his rift was turning his combat venoms and full rift of milk into plants and venom sacs. For me it turned my full rift of milk into a bunch of venom sacs. I have bugged it and messaged Makarios. I highly recommend everyone keep an eye on their rifts as I know combat venoms can get expensive. Also milk is expensive or timely to get, too.
    What doesn't kill you gives you exp.

  • KoganKogan Posts: 354Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Kayeil said:
    There is a rift bug. I don't know if it's getting everyone but Kogan and I have both had it. Makarios fixed it for him (we think) and I just noticed it today (even though it didn't effect me when Kogan was as I had checked).

    So when Kogan had it his rift was turning his combat venoms and full rift of milk into plants and venom sacs. For me it turned my full rift of milk into a bunch of venom sacs. I have bugged it and messaged Makarios. I highly recommend everyone keep an eye on their rifts as I know combat venoms can get expensive. Also milk is expensive or timely to get, too.
    To add to this. It started with me noticing that when I was inrifting venom sacs it said I had an absurd amount more than I know I did in the inrift line. I tried to outr what it said I had and it worked. Inrifted it back in and it worked as well. Literally spawned venom sacs. I reported it as a bug and moved on. Some time later I noticed 1000 milk in my rift had just disappeared. Bugged that as I wasn't sure why. Just knew I had a funny rift. Then finally one day while harvesting it hit me. There it is again. Inrift ginseng. Says I have more than I do. Outr. Works. Inr. Works and just spawned more ginseng. So I looked and I'm missing random venoms. Some were on like 873 or some weird number that just doesn't happen if you keep up with vials. I precache so I inrifted what I had and checked again. 3 more of three to four different types of venoms used. So imagine me.... harvesting and inrifting what I get. Ran through my venoms quite quickly. Reported it as a bug and was finally resolved through Makarios. Seems at least it is still a thing to some extent. So keep up with your rift!
  • RangorRangor Posts: 2,903Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kogan said:
    Kayeil said:mm 
    There is a rift bug. I don't know if it's getting everyone but Kogan and I have both had it. Makarios fixed it for him (we think) and I just noticed it today (even though it didn't effect me when Kogan was as I had checked).

    So when Kogan had it his rift was turning his combat venoms and full rift of milk into plants and venom sacs. For me it turned my full rift of milk into a bunch of venom sacs. I have bugged it and messaged Makarios. I highly recommend everyone keep an eye on their rifts as I know combat venoms can get expensive. Also milk is expensive or timely to get, too.
    To add to this. It started with me noticing that when I was inrifting venom sacs it said I had an absurd amount more than I know I did in the inrift line. I tried to outr what it said I had and it worked. Inrifted it back in and it worked as well. Literally spawned venom sacs. I reported it as a bug and moved on. Some time later I noticed 1000 milk in my rift had just disappeared. Bugged that as I wasn't sure why. Just knew I had a funny rift. Then finally one day while harvesting it hit me. There it is again. Inrift ginseng. Says I have more than I do. Outr. Works. Inr. Works and just spawned more ginseng. So I looked and I'm missing random venoms. Some were on like 873 or some weird number that just doesn't happen if you keep up with vials. I precache so I inrifted what I had and checked again. 3 more of three to four different types of venoms used. So imagine me.... harvesting and inrifting what I get. Ran through my venoms quite quickly. Reported it as a bug and was finally resolved through Makarios. Seems at least it is still a thing to some extent. So keep up with your rift!
    If only you could turn stone to gold!
    image
  • LaedhaLaedha Posts: 54Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Rangor said:
    Kogan said:
    Kayeil said:mm 
    There is a rift bug. I don't know if it's getting everyone but Kogan and I have both had it. Makarios fixed it for him (we think) and I just noticed it today (even though it didn't effect me when Kogan was as I had checked).

    So when Kogan had it his rift was turning his combat venoms and full rift of milk into plants and venom sacs. For me it turned my full rift of milk into a bunch of venom sacs. I have bugged it and messaged Makarios. I highly recommend everyone keep an eye on their rifts as I know combat venoms can get expensive. Also milk is expensive or timely to get, too.
    To add to this. It started with me noticing that when I was inrifting venom sacs it said I had an absurd amount more than I know I did in the inrift line. I tried to outr what it said I had and it worked. Inrifted it back in and it worked as well. Literally spawned venom sacs. I reported it as a bug and moved on. Some time later I noticed 1000 milk in my rift had just disappeared. Bugged that as I wasn't sure why. Just knew I had a funny rift. Then finally one day while harvesting it hit me. There it is again. Inrift ginseng. Says I have more than I do. Outr. Works. Inr. Works and just spawned more ginseng. So I looked and I'm missing random venoms. Some were on like 873 or some weird number that just doesn't happen if you keep up with vials. I precache so I inrifted what I had and checked again. 3 more of three to four different types of venoms used. So imagine me.... harvesting and inrifting what I get. Ran through my venoms quite quickly. Reported it as a bug and was finally resolved through Makarios. Seems at least it is still a thing to some extent. So keep up with your rift!
    If only you could turn stone to gold!
    Or anything else into stone. 
    ZahanAnariaSkyeMelodie
  • LaedhaLaedha Posts: 54Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I hate to spoil the party but are we still supposed to have this bonus? 

    You have the following defences:
    The vitality of the boar is energising you.
    Your senses are magically heightened.
    You are feeling quite selfish.
    You are looking a little shady today.
    You are feeling extremely energetic.
    Your mind has been attuned to the realm of Death.
    You are walking on a small cushion of air.
    Your wounds are being staunched by the moss tattoo.
    You are benefitting from a 225% bonus to experience gain.
    You are protected by 8 defences

    RangorAntidasUtianimaSarathai
  • DurianDurian Posts: 108Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Leave it on I was on vacation!!!!
  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,171Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You are the worst person.

    DurianKietSarathai
«134
Sign In to Comment.