Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Gold for No brainer lesson pack

GavriilGavriil Posts: 36Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
trading 250k gold for 1 no brainer lessons pack
image

Comments

  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,098Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    So you're willing to trade less gold for a no brainer lesson pack than you would get by spending $10 on credits and selling them on the market?

    That makes no sense.

    Trey
  • DurianDurian Posts: 108Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I mean, 10 bucks is 10 bucks, he's looking for a trade not a handout, and for me to spend 10 bucks on someone I need something of equal value (opinion based) in return.
  • GavriilGavriil Posts: 36Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited April 9
    ok sooo I need to know who to pay...... thank you whom ever. But I want to pay or something at least

    (He beat me to it as I was posting. Thank You!)
    image
  • DurianDurian Posts: 108Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Atalkez not sure how my post was shitting on him, since I was replying to what @Krypton said. Don't think there was any malicious intent with what I posted, I was just commenting on the fact that for me to spend 10 bucks on someone other than my wife or kid, I'd have to get something in return that was worth 10 bucks to me.
  • SobriquetSobriquet Posts: 1,624Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Durian said:
    @Atalkez not sure how my post was shitting on him, since I was replying to what @Krypton said. Don't think there was any malicious intent with what I posted, I was just commenting on the fact that for me to spend 10 bucks on someone other than my wife or kid, I'd have to get something in return that was worth 10 bucks to me.
    This just doesn't compute. Sure, if you'd said $100 or something, but i'd hate to be a charity anywhere near where you live with that outlook in life.
    image
  • RyzethRyzeth Posts: 1,105Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    The point of Atalkez's post was that you didn't have to reply, if you didn't feel like it was worth it. Instead, you posted how you said what he was offering wasn't personally worth it to you, so you weren't gonna do it. That just makes you come across as a dick.
  • MinifieMinifie Posts: 1,044Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Atalkez said:
    Bought, and you can keep the gold.


    @Cooper @Durian

    $10 is $10, sure, but you don't have to accept the deal either. He offered something of value commiserate with what he perceived to be getting in return. Neither one of you needed to come shit on him or his trade offer, you could have just passed and kept it moving.
    buy me 5 globes? Will give you a quick handy out the back of shaky's pizza <3
    Hataru has been slain by the might of Wheezie Goosie.
  • DurianDurian Posts: 108Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    @Sobriquet Calling into question my moral fiber because I won't give a random person on the internet money to buy text game "currency" without feeling like my money was well spent? How do you have any kind of insight into my personality from a single post?

    @Ryzeth Coming across as a dick is your #1 quality so I guess you would know for sure.

    To speak to "you could've just read it and moved on." Yeah you can do that, but this is an open forum, and the guy never said "don't post here unless you're gonna buy me shit lul." OP wasn't looking for a handout like I said before, so you have to expect some sort of push back if what you're offering isn't kosher to some people.

    My post implied that you'd need to offer more for me to do that, which is advice to the OP if they want someone to actually trade a worthwhile amount of their personal money for in-game gold.

    At the end of the day, someone who doesn't care about 10 bucks to a random person bought him the pack, so move on with your lives.
  • DurianDurian Posts: 108Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Now @Minifie is offering something I can get behind, or in front of, depending on how you wanna do this.
  • MinifieMinifie Posts: 1,044Member @ - Epic Achaean
    TBF I just wanted an excuse to finally give someone a quick handy near a shaky's, and to go to shaky's...
    Hataru has been slain by the might of Wheezie Goosie.
    JozlynFrederich
  • RyzethRyzeth Posts: 1,105Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Thank you for proving my point.  :)
    Sobriquet
  • SobriquetSobriquet Posts: 1,624Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Durian said:
    @Sobriquet Calling into question my moral fiber because I won't give a random person on the internet money to buy text game "currency" without feeling like my money was well spent? How do you have any kind of insight into my personality from a single post?

    @Ryzeth Coming across as a dick is your #1 quality so I guess you would know for sure.

    To speak to "you could've just read it and moved on." Yeah you can do that, but this is an open forum, and the guy never said "don't post here unless you're gonna buy me shit lul." OP wasn't looking for a handout like I said before, so you have to expect some sort of push back if what you're offering isn't kosher to some people.

    My post implied that you'd need to offer more for me to do that, which is advice to the OP if they want someone to actually trade a worthwhile amount of their personal money for in-game gold.

    At the end of the day, someone who doesn't care about 10 bucks to a random person bought him the pack, so move on with your lives.
    I will say, you comment about wanting something in return is the exact polar opposite of charity. You also brought your family into the equation so I assumed you were talking about a more general stance on giving, not pointless text currency. 
    image
  • DurianDurian Posts: 108Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    There's a difference between charity and giving money to someone for gaming. Charity money will be used to help people with essential needs, don't think a basic need in life is 1000 achaea lessons. I give to charity and homeless frequently and expect nothing in return because it's giving, has nothing to do with bankrolling someone in a game.
  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 4,045Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sure, by the same token: If you feel the need to 'maximize' your $10 in a situation like this, you probably shouldn't be buying credits or lessons to begin with.

    It didn't save his life, no, but how do you know what it did for the guy? How do you know he isn't depressed all the time, Achaea helps him, and the lesson cost was eating at him? That's charity.

    Youre not wrong necessarily, I just felt like you could have just ignored it instead of saying what amounts to 'that gold is only 87.2%, I need the rest'. Could have been mor  tactful, imo.


    You hug Aurora compassionately.
    Minifie
  • DurianDurian Posts: 108Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I'll say this and I'm done posting on this topic. If the person had posted a plea for help, if Achaea was life, or an outlet for stress relief, and kept the guy from offing himself, hell yeah, I'll be the first to throw a measly 10 bucks his way. I think you guys are confusing my post with Cooper's, because I was never actually talking to the OP, I was replying to Krypton's criticism of Cooper's post. Which by the way, was made in the same token as ours, he could've just let Cooper post and not responded, as well as you guys could've just let us post and not start this dialogue, but hey, that's what freedom of speech is all about, man.  Voice your opinion, be heard.

    At the end of the day none of this forum crap makes me feel any better or worse about myself because Achaea is a time waster for me, and the forums within an even bigger time waster while I sit here waiting on my daughter to finally fall asleep so I can go fold clothes and watch golf.

    I don't have any ill will towards anyone, even if I get personally attacked for wanting to make a deal with someone that I can actually accept. Hope you guys have a good rest of your weekend.
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,259Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    What the fuck is this shit?
    Sirrion
  • VirgoVirgo Posts: 62Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    The Internet, @Daeir.
    DurianZenith
  • NazihkNazihk Posts: 740Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Daeir said:
    What the fuck is this shit?
    Somebody offered a sort of bad deal, somebody else said "erm, that deal is sort of bad", somebody else said "lol if you care about spending $10 on a bad deal you must be a shitty person who never gives to charity".
  • DurianDurian Posts: 108Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Nazihk said:
    Daeir said:
    What the fuck is this shit?
    Somebody offered a sort of bad deal, somebody else said "erm, that deal is sort of bad", somebody else said "lol if you care about spending $10 on a bad deal you must be a shitty person who never gives to charity".
    Pretty much, but it's fizzled out now and the guy got his pack. @Nicola does this topic need closing or no?
  • KafzielKafziel Posts: 658Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited April 13
    Daeir said:
    What the fuck is this shit?
    It's like a milder, less wordy version of your average rants post.
    Trey
  • JovoloJovolo EnglandPosts: 3,120Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Oh shiiiiiiit
    Exelethril
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,259Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kafziel said:
    Daeir said:
    What the fuck is this shit?
    It's like a milder, less wordy version of your average rants post.
    I'm impressed that I can apparently compact the ineffectual whittling of three people into a single post. Damn.
    Ahmet
  • KafzielKafziel Posts: 658Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Me too. That's pretty good for a westie.
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,259Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Those are fighting words.
This discussion has been closed.