Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

What does each affliction do?

DiegDieg Member Posts: 6
I've found HELP AFFLICTIONS shows what the afflictions are called and what cures them, and AFFLICTION SHOW <whatever> gives you the messages for the affliction. Some of them are very intuitive (asthma won't let you smoke) but others aren't. I'm trying to figure out what a lot of these do. Is there a HELP scroll or a wiki or some kind of resource that details the actual effects of some of them? Stupidity, Amnesia, Clumsiness, Concussion come to mind, where I'm not sure I have any clue about what their effects are.
Utianima

Best Answers

  • KenwayKenway San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,120 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Accepted Answer
    Paralysis - paralysis (also can't parry/tree)

    Asthma - can't smoke

    Slickness - can't apply salves

    Anorexia - can't eat or sip

    Impatience - can't use focus

    Clumsiness - %chance to miss

    Weariness - blocks special movements like dash and atavian flight and reduces damage output by 1/3

    Sensitivity - initially cures deafness and then increases damage taken by 1/3

    Nausea - damage ticks and vomiting which can result in starving conditions. If you're a knight it gives you a 50/50 to bypass parry

    Darkshade - damage ticks in sunlight or the presence of a light wall(serpent) can result in death if untreated for 30s or 16s(serpent)

    Addiction - the next herb or mineral eaten will consume every one of that mineral in your inventory

    Haemophilia - can't clot

    Recklessness - health/mana appear as full

    Disloyalty - causes class loyals to attack owner ticks every 8s I believe

    Rest are pretty self explanatory I think. At least the common cross-class ones which are what I was trying to list.

    - Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
    Dieg

Answers

  • BannBann Member Posts: 350 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Stupidity gives you a %ile chance for an entered command to fail. Amnesia makes an input not register. Clumsiness makes physical attacks and some magical attacks like evileye and truewrack miss on a %ile amount. Concussion gives stupidity when first received, then gives relapsing amnesia. Not sure about stupidity, but pretty sure it gives relapsing amnesia until cured. Very strong if you're aeoned.

  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Nausea is 100% chance, now. Has been for... A long, long time.
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 3,923 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    It was also considerably lower than 50% before that.
  • KenwayKenway San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,120 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ryzeth said:
    Some of it may need some updating, been a while since I've actually played. Doesn't have the depthswalker afflictions on there. And doesn't include stuff like cadmus/hecatecurse, or whisperingmadness/enlighten

    Afflictions marked with * are cured by focusing

    Ablaze: Apply Mending, no venom
    - Causes periodic fire damage.

    Addiction: Eat Ginseng or Ferrum, Vardrax
    - Causes you to eat all of one herb if there are multiples in inventory
    -- so if you have 6 bloodroot out of the rift, and eat one, then you eat all at once
    --- does not work 'properly' in arena

    Aeon: Smoke Cinnabar or Elm, no venom
    - Causes all actions to be delayed by one second

    *Agoraphobia: Eat Lobelia or Argentum, no venom
    - Unable to be outdoors and makes you run indoors

    *Anorexia: Apply Epidermal, Slike
    - Unable to eat or sip anything

    Asthma: Eat Kelp or Aurum, Kalmia
    - Unable to smoke anything
    - Causes you to take damage from moving too quickly

    *Claustrophobia: Eat Lobelia or Argentum, no venom
    - Unable to stay indoors, makes you run outdoors

    Clumsiness: Eat Kelp or Aurum, Xentio
    - Miss some of your attacks

    *Confusion: Eat Ash or Stannum, no venom
    - unable to concentrate to cure disrupt and fail to execute some attacks
    - Causes eq time to be increased by 50%

    Darkshade: Eat Ginseng or Ferrum, Darkshade
    - Causes death in 30 seconds, paralysis in 25 seconds, death in 15 with lightwall

    *Dementia: Eat Ash or Stannum, no venom
    - Causes you to see random rooms when you look or glance

    *Dizziness: Eat Goldenseal or Plumbum, Larkspur
    - Causes you to randomly fall prone when you attempt to move

    *Epilepsy: Eat Goldenseal or Plumbum, none
    - Causes you to randomly lose balance

    Freezing: Apply Caloric, none
    - Causes you to randomly lose equilibrium and slows movement

    *Generosity: Eat Bellowort or Cuprum, none
    - Makes you give away all your possession

    *Hallucinations: Eat Bellwort or Cuprum, none
    - Makes you fall prone and lose balance randomly

    Haemophilia: Eat Ginseng or Ferrum, Notechis (no envenom)
    - Makes you unable to use clot, disables moss tattoo clotting as well

    Health Leech: Eat Aurum or Kelp, none
    - Makes you periodically lose health

    Hellsight: Smoke Valerian or Realgar, none
    - Gives an affliction every six seconds

    Hypochondria: Eat Kelp or Aurum, none
    - Gives afflictions every two seconds with this priority:
    -- Nausea, Lethargy, Addiction, Impatience

    Hypersomnia: Eat Ash or Stannum, none
    - Makes you unable to gain the insomnia defense

    Impatience: Eat Plumbum or Goldenseal, none
    - Makes you unable to use Focusing in survival
    - Cuts the effect of mana sipping in half

    Justice: Eat Bellowrt or Cuprum, none
    - Causes you to take a portion of the damage you deal

    Lethargy: Eat Ginseng or Ferrum, none
    - Causes your balance and equilibrum to take 20% longer to regain

    *Loneliness: Eat Goldenseal or Plumbum, none
    - Makes you unable to leave the presence of others, and run around until you find others

    *Lover's Effect: Eat Bellwort or Cuprum, none
    - Makes you unable to attack the person that afflicted you

    *Masochism: Eat Lobelia or Argentum, none
    - Causes you to periodically damage yourself

    Mana Leech: Smoke Valerian or Realgar, none
    - Causes you to periodically lose mana

    Nausea: Eat Ginseng or Ferrum, Euphorbia
    - Causes periodic damage and hunger, and hinders parry
    -- Causes weaponmastery attacks to ignore parry

    *Pacifism/Peace: Eat Bellwort or Cuprum, none
    - Causes you to be unable to attack
    - Pacifism is cured if you are attacked

    Paralysis: Eat Bloodroot or Magnesium, Curare
    - Causes you to be unable to attack, touch tree, or move

    *Paranoia: Eat Bellwort or Cuprum, none
    - Causes you to not have allies or be able to add allies

    *Recklessness: Eat Lobelia or Argentum, Eurypteria
    - Causes you to think you have full health/mana

    Scytherus: Eat Ginseng or Ferrum, Scytherus
    - Causes venoms to relapse some seconds later

    Sensitivity: Eat Kelp or Aurum, Prefarar
    - Causes all damage you take to be increased by 33%

    -- Strips deafness if they have it, first, then afflicts sensitivity ifthey don't

    *Shyness: Eat Goldenseal or Plumbum, Digitalis
    - Causes you to be unable to stand in a room with people

    Slickness: Eat Bloodroot or Magnesium/Smoke Valerian or Realgar, Gecko
    - Causes you to be unable to apply salves

    *Stupidity: Eat Goldenseal or Plumbum, Aconite
    - Causes you to randomly do stupid things instead of what you want
    - Prevents telepathy and educe salt

    Stuttering: Apply Epidermal to head, none
    - Causes you to be unable to speak clearly

    *Vertigo: Eat Goldenseal or Plumbum, none
    - Causes you to be unable to fly

    Voyria: Sip immunity, Voyria
    - Causes death in 30 seconds unless cured. Silent when given.
    -- Tree tattoo ALWAYS cures this first. First message is 8 seconds.

    *Weariness: Eat Kelp or Aurum, Vernalius
    - Prevents several curing abilities such as Fitness, Shrugging
    -- Prevents fly, gallop, dash, and so on and so forth.
    --- Stops dragonheal when combined with eurypteria
    ----Reduces physical damage dealt
    This list is just all around better but weariness is not focusable

    - Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • AnedhelAnedhel Member Posts: 2,367 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Iirc, nausea's damage ticks are 15%, or has that changed?
  • KenwayKenway San FranciscoMember Posts: 1,120 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Anedhel said:
    Iirc, nausea's damage ticks are 15%, or has that changed?
    Never checked. Always just noted them as "fucking hurt"
    @Sena?

    - Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • SenaSena Member Posts: 3,757 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Nausea deals 15% of max health, the ticks are random. It looks like, very approximately, a 1/3 chance every 10 seconds for nausea to fire (specifically, I saw 16 ticks out of 44 chances for it to tick, so anywhere from 25% to 50% chance is plausible).
    Anedhel
  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Kenway said:
    This list is just all around better but weariness is not focusable
    Made that list like 2-3 months before weariness became focusable (my classlead, oddly enough >.>) just didn't update it, because no one's really asked for a full list before.
  • FarrahFarrah Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 1,123 @ - Epic Achaean
    Corrections to Ryzeth's list:

    Addiction causes you eat all of the herb and corresponding mineral.

    Dizziness procs far more often (maybe 100%, always forget these things) against LEAP.

    Hellsight procs every two seconds, not six.

    Paranoia, I thought, makes you treat everyone like an enemy.

    Voyria isn't always cured by tree first. It's always cured by passive curing first.

    DochithaAnedhelExelethril
  • CailanCailan Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Eq effects for confusion and lethargy do not stack iirc. 

    I could have sworn darkshade was 60s without lightwall but I must be wrong :/

    Slickness also strips your sileris defence.

    Nausea and darkshade damage ticks are increased by sensitivity. 

    Anedhel
  • AnedhelAnedhel Member Posts: 2,367 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Farrah said:
    Corrections to Ryzeth's list:

    Addiction causes you eat all of the herb and corresponding mineral.

    Dizziness procs far more often (maybe 100%, always forget these things) against LEAP.

    Hellsight procs every two seconds, not six.

    Paranoia, I thought, makes you treat everyone like an enemy.

    Voyria isn't always cured by tree first. It's always cured by passive curing first.

    There's also a Shaman thing that makes dizziness proc 100% of the time, isn't there? 
  • CaliraCalira Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 224 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Anedhel said:
    Farrah said:
    Corrections to Ryzeth's list:

    Addiction causes you eat all of the herb and corresponding mineral.

    Dizziness procs far more often (maybe 100%, always forget these things) against LEAP.

    Hellsight procs every two seconds, not six.

    Paranoia, I thought, makes you treat everyone like an enemy.

    Voyria isn't always cured by tree first. It's always cured by passive curing first.

    There's also a Shaman thing that makes dizziness proc 100% of the time, isn't there? 
    Shamans have no special synergy with dizziness
  • LucianusLucianus Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited June 24
    Kenway said:
    Paralysis - paralysis (also can't parry/tree)

    Asthma - can't smoke

    Slickness - can't apply salves

    Anorexia - can't eat or sip

    Impatience - can't use focus

    Clumsiness - %chance to miss

    Weariness - blocks special movements like dash and atavian flight and reduces damage output by 1/3

    Sensitivity - initially cures deafness and then increases damage taken by 1/3

    Nausea - damage ticks and vomiting which can result in starving conditions. If you're a knight it gives you a 50/50 to bypass parry

    Darkshade - damage ticks in sunlight or the presence of a light wall(serpent) can result in death if untreated for 30s or 16s(serpent)

    Addiction - the next herb or mineral eaten will consume every one of that mineral in your inventory

    Haemophilia - can't clot

    Recklessness - health/mana appear as full

    Disloyalty - causes class loyals to attack owner ticks every 8s I believe

    Rest are pretty self explanatory I think. At least the common cross-class ones which are what I was trying to list.

    Does this affect owners of artefact pets as well? (not the crate ones, the 750cr-1250cr ones)
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 3,923 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    It does. Disloyalty also increases entity balance for Occultists, I think.
  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Antonius said:
    It does. Disloyalty also increases entity balance for Occultists, I think.
    Both Magi and Occultist, I'm pretty sure.
  • CaliraCalira Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 224 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    The effect on Occultists is either broken or completely negligible. I could not discern any effect when testing it
  • ExelethrilExelethril /r/wallstreetbetsMember Posts: 2,966 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Big if true, no wonder  :#

    [ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

    [ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • ReysonReyson Member Posts: 111 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Anyone know if disloyalty's working as intended re: Sentinels?
Sign In to Comment.