Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Achaea in 2004!

RemiliaRemilia Member Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
BlujixapugJozlynOgnogAntidasAereidhnaKresslackRangorZbacoVirgoPrythe

Comments

• MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 912 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Image result for those are rookie numbers      
  • CoamenelCoamenel Member Posts: 186 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Out of all the characteristics of Achaea, they pick out gleam to discuss?
    VercioVirgo
  • JozlynJozlyn out of here.Member Posts: 1,074 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    This killed me.
     yes, sir.
  • MelodieMelodie MhaldorMember Posts: 4,463 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Lol this is so wonderfully adorable. It's so hard to believe that was 13 years ago, before I even began playing.
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
    Szanthax
  • AesgarAesgar Member Posts: 330 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Trey said:
    "Some have even spent hours in this game!"

Filthy fucking casual.

Was literally about to post this quote too. It kills me...

Also @Arcturus this may be you. He said is character name was "Arch-ee-optrics".

However, he called it Archaea so it appears he is throwing out extra R's left and right. I wouldn't put it past him to mispronounce his own character name!
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,338 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 31
    He said "Archeopteryx"

Edit- also said Achaea correctly.

Double edit- but the vid shows his name as Archeopteron.

• AtalkezAtalkez Member, Secret Squirrel Posts: 3,726 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    lol I remember that website. Had to click the blue banner to enter it.

You hug Aurora compassionately.
    TreyShaydeAesgarAustere
  • AntidasAntidas Member Posts: 1,231 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Best website. Downloaded so many random help files and maps from there back in the day! Pretty sure I still have my old binder lying around somewhere...

AesgarPrythe
  • TelinusTelinus Member Posts: 117 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Back when Achaea was good.
  • MorthifMorthif Member Posts: 1,337 @ - Epic Achaean
    this was actually how I found Achaea. Laying on the couch with a bum leg.
    Antidas
  • SienaSiena Member Posts: 200 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I started Achaea in 2004!

• KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaMember Posts: 1,890 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I miss my Purple Brick background :'(
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    Laedha
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United StatesMember Posts: 5,629 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Coamenel said:
    Out of all the characteristics of Achaea, they pick out gleam to discuss?
    Was actually a pretty controversial issue back then.

Here's an article on Wired about when it was introduced. 

http://archive.wired.com/gaming/gamingreviews/news/2004/05/63578?currentPage=all

• GwynriiGwynrii Member Posts: 22
    I love how people made such a big deal about Achaea having cocaine while HellMoo literally let you rape and murder children and then snort their ashes.
  • VirgoVirgo Member Posts: 62 ✭✭ - Stalwart
  • RemiliaRemilia Member Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Gwynrii said:
    HellMoo literally let you rape and murder children and then snort their ashes.
    Wait, what?
  • ArcturusArcturus Member Posts: 21 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    When Achaea had 500+ people on.... and more than 3k ranked persons.... and Dragon Monks
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 3,574 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sounds like I've been playing the wrong game.
    Aziik
  • IsmayIsmay Member Posts: 288 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I can't imagine 500+ players logged on at once. This makes me wonder how many players we have here in Achaea.
    Ismay said:
    I can't imagine 500+ players logged on at once. This makes me wonder how many players we have here in Achaea.
    And trying to hunt, but in 2000-2002 I think the biggest hunting grounds were mog/dun/UW/bella's/ LHG. There was also inbhir and kam and aran'roid if you went far north, but if there was any decent number of bashers you got nada
    Prythe
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 3,910 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I don't think Achaea broke 500+ people on very many times. It certainly wasn't ever an average number of players online even during peak hours.

Laedha
  • TehutiTehuti Member Posts: 2
    I miss them olden days.
  • AmranuAmranu Member Posts: 708 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Morthif said:
    this was actually how I found Achaea.

Morthif
  • JonathinJonathin A deep pit of hunger and despairMember Posts: 3,074 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cooper said:
    I don't think Achaea broke 500+ people on very many times. It certainly wasn't ever an average number of players online even during peak hours.
    Probably not on average, but it did sit damn close for a hot minute. At least, it sure felt like it. The world was smaller then, too. Figuratively and literally.

(Mudlet Clan): Nylian says, "Mosr's on the case. Fix incoming."

Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

• CailanCailan Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Omg purple bricks. 
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 3,910 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jonathin said:
    Cooper said:
    Probably not on average, but it did sit damn close for a hot minute. At least, it sure felt like it. The world was smaller then, too. Figuratively and literally.
    No, the average never sat anywhere near close to 500, and not even close to 400. Seeing 300 was a lot of people and didn't happen that often.

Caelan
    mid 300s was common during 2000-2002 when I started and played to the levels I do now, 400 for small events and 500 for the big stuff. Could be that wonderful Mandela effect, but that was pretty common. It would drop to about 150 during aussie night (around 8pm AEST)
  • MelodieMelodie MhaldorMember Posts: 4,463 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I think we hit around 500 for Bal'met as well, at least for the finale where Sarapis and Maya both said bye and we got sent into Nishnatoba as demigods. The lag was very real that day.
    "You have had an extraordinary adventure, my dear. Extraordinary! One that few people could ever imagine. Treasure it. Keep it safe and secure, tucked away in some special place in your heart. 

But... don't spend the rest of your days chasing a ghost."
    Kyrra
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 2,020 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I still remember the spam on the gods channel...disconnected more than a few. Im happy i still got my dala'myrr kill by divine zap ^^. Made it my returnmessage
Sign In to Comment.