Changing Class with SVO without having to restart Mudlet?

Every time I change class, I will go to Package Manager, uninstall current class, install the class I want to switch to, then restart mudlet.

Is there a way to not have to restart mudlet but still able to change SVOF to another class?

Comments

• Create different profiles, each with a different Svof class version installed and all your other scripts the same. Then you just have to switch profile (which doesn't require a restart of Mudlet) rather than constantly uninstalling and re-installing Svof on the same profile.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    That's where using Module Manager instead of Package manager comes in handy too, you don't have to keep updating the same packages on each profile. If you have your own custom stuff, you can set that as a module which syncs, then your changes carry over from profile to profile.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • @Klendathu Is Module Manager in Mudlet 3? I don't remember ever seeing any references to it in 2.1.
  • Pretty sure it was part of Mudlet 2.1 but it was in the dropdown menu and didn't have a button on the gui and if I remember correctly the top toolbar was hidden by default. Have to turn it on in the settings.
    @Antonius I've been using 3.0 delta for as long as I can remember, couldn't tell you if it's in 2.1

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Just checked the changelogs, Modules were added in at 2.0 and a gui button for the manager at 3.0 alpha.
  • edited March 2017
    You guys are brilliant! It works great for me! Should have asked much ealier! QOL so good now!

What I did, for other's benefit:
    1. Put all my stuffs into a group (alias, triggers, scripts etc) and exported them as .xml
    2. Import them again via Tools > Module Manager
    3. Delete the existing one.
    4. Delete SVOF from package manager. 
    5. Now this profile becomes an empty template that has my stuffs and nothing else.
    6. Next, copy new profiles from this template, and install respective SVOF packages for each class.
    7. Done.
    The result:
    Multiple mudlet profiles, each for a class and their respective SVOF packages, while my triggers / scripts / aliases etc are modules, syncing over all profiles. Perfect.

Thank you very much!
  • edited March 2017
    But now I have another question, I added an Alias into the module group, but didn't see the alias get updated across the profiles... How do we sync it over? I have the save & sync option checked.

EDIT: I got it now, it's syncing over with "Save Profile" operation.
  • Would be nice not have to restart. Seems like some of the code already exists what with changing into dragon and all. Ah well maybe some day  <3
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    @Dochitha when I get the chance I will show you what I did which let's me swap classes without loading a new profile or anything. It can be time consuming at first but I find it worth it when I can just swap class and instantly be in the appropriate setup.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Kenway said:
    @Dochitha when I get the chance I will show you what I did which let's me swap classes without loading a new profile or anything. It can be time consuming at first but I find it worth it when I can just swap class and instantly be in the appropriate setup.
    Man that's great, PLZZ!! 
  • Kenway said:
    I'd very much like some help with this too, if you've got the time!
    If you shared the knowledge with the Svof developers, they may be able to build it in as standard...

• KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Klendathu said:
    If you shared the knowledge with the Svof developers, they may be able to build it in as standard...
    Let me clean up/stream the code a bit when I get off work and I'll figure out who to send it to. I guess I thought this was already in the works? Anyways good idea/point.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • This is qhat I wrote in the svof thread about this topic:
    the roadblocks I hit are a bit more than I can tackle right now with a full-time job and family... I'm sorry to keep people waiting. If someone wants to have a look at it, they are more than welcome as well!

So, yes, people are welcome to show me their way to implement it. I can't promise that this is the way that will land in svof as well because I have to consider maintenance and other things as well.

• I know SVOF is a long loved system. But TReX does this for you if you wanted to take a look or still need help with it. Can't help with SVOF though.
  • Does TReX still require an older version of Mudlet to work? I would be all for changing over for multiclass support if it works with the newest version
    Vadimuses said:
    This will incidentally be more feasible to implement once Svof migrated into Mudlet, which I have been working on
    My plan is, unless someone snaffles this bit first, is to work out how to implement Elemental Lord, by cribbing the Dragon code, which will hopefully lead to me being able to understand how to implement multiclass.

• I just deleted the class folder out of the profile, and mudlet prompts me to pick a folder to utilize with the profile. I just pick Depthswalker, or blademaster, depending on my mood. It only requires me to relog my profile every time I swap classes (with a 12 hour cd, it's not a big deal.. but the module manager way seems to be more efficient)

I look forward to the migration, the system I use in Aetolia swaps class with you using GMCP to detect which class is currently active, and then using a bunch of stuff that effectively boils down to this kind of if statement:

if myclass == "blademaster" then
     send("<insert skill here>")
    end

• Vadimuses said:
    This will incidentally be more feasible to implement once Svof migrated into Mudlet, which I have been working on

Any status report on this Vadi? Your work is much appreciated. :)
    Solnir said:
    Vadimuses said:

Any status report on this Vadi? Your work is much appreciated. :)
    The man's barely sleeping.

• Voli said:
    I just deleted the class folder out of the profile, and mudlet prompts me to pick a folder to utilize with the profile. I just pick Depthswalker, or blademaster, depending on my mood. It only requires me to relog my profile every time I swap classes (with a 12 hour cd, it's not a big deal.. but the module manager way seems to be more efficient)

I look forward to the migration, the system I use in Aetolia swaps class with you using GMCP to detect which class is currently active, and then using a bunch of stuff that effectively boils down to this kind of if statement:

if myclass == "blademaster" then
     send("<insert skill here>")
    end
    Nice thought! I wonder if we could use gmcp class detection to direct SVOF to load from the respective class folder, without the deletion and restarting of mudlet? Sounds like not too far away, but I am not a programmer so I have definitely underestimated things.
  • A shitton of work has been done on this in the last two weeks: https://github.com/svof/svof/pull/329

As every single part of the system has been touched, testers will be needed here! I don't play the game anymore to be doing testing.

• I just add the different class defenses to the SVO (in the same way I added Elemental Lord and Cohesion as posted in the SVOF thread). It makes me able to def up and keep defs over different classes and then I use the default SVO curing without special class cures like fitness outside manualling them

• edited January 2018
    Zekeros said:
    Does TReX still require an older version of Mudlet to work? I would be all for changing over for multiclass support if it works with the newest version

@Zekeros TReX needs mudlet 3.0 or greater. I am currently on 3.5.. but I just came back from a three month hiatus, and not sure of the current mudlet version. And I had someone in my computer recently and they may have updated my mudlet too.. 

Havn't added Elemental stuff in yet, doesn't see to difficult, trying to figure out the quests currently..
  • As a side-effect of moving Svof inside Mudlet, changing class without having to restart Mudlet is now possible: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/Ab23XUHM

• Vadimuses said:
    As a side-effect of moving Svof inside Mudlet, changing class without having to restart Mudlet is now possible: https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/Ab23XUHM

Best side effect ever!! How exactly did you do this? Just ran those commands or did you remove one package and install another too?