Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Forays and the Intrepid

Comments

• AesgarAesgar Posts: 328 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    @Accipiter It looks like a regular wilderness exit (A ? I think), and we found ours for this foray in the southwestern region of the Darkenwood forest.

However, I would not be surprised to find out they move each time the foray is run. I can guarantee you it is there somewhere, just have to keep looking.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 2,989 @ - Epic Achaean
    @Accipiter It just looks like a regular wilderness exit, one that's not typically there. I've seen it as far as the Dardanics, check the outer perimeter of the Northreach as well.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AccipiterAccipiter Posts: 221 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Oh, so it is marked on the map? We thought we had to go through each room an manually check, hopefully have better luck tonight.
    Bade
  • FrederichFrederich Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/hmubtZ7s

It didn't even give me a warning.  No one had been in that room (since Farrah was still in the pit) just..  DEAD.
  • TorinnTorinn Posts: 181 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Yeah. Do they have tells? It'd be great if they did. If they don't then.. that's silly
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaPosts: 1,753 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    The tell is the countdown timer on INTREPID...
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    Shirszae
    That wasn't even the "END OF TIMER" kill.  That's the boulder.

This was just me walking into a room after it somehow triggered it's own "ACTIVATING CRUSH.EXE" with no tell whatsoever until I was already dead.
    Yeah that's been my experience too. Random deaths with no warning or way to escape (and not the end of timer death)
  • FarrahFarrah Posts: 1,055 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited March 16
    It has nothing to do with the timer (we had plenty of time). There's a warning, which Frederich is aware of, but only if you were in the room to see the warning. He had just walked in, which is why he was lamenting about the bad timing and no warning.
    I wonder if there can be something like "you hear a boulder crash to the northeast" or similar
    Torinn said:
    I wonder if there can be something like "you hear a boulder crash to the northeast" or similar
    There is already that for the boulder, if that's what you mean.
    Ictinus said:
    There's an aspect to the barrow that no-one has managed to figure out yet. That's all I'll say on the subject!

Or maybe that's just what cruel Divine want us to think as we walk into death traps over and over again for their amusement. :(

"You guys will figure it out! Just keep trying!"
  • OmorOmor Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Did Russell get locked away? No matter where I went, I couldn't walk to him.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • MakariosMakarios Posts: 1,288 Achaean staff
    Frederich said:
    @Ictinus

17:06:43.028 Farrah rips into Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood with her massive, deadly claws.

17:06:43.028 Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood has been slain by Farrah.

17:06:43.028 A purple heartwood vial tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 An oaken vial tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 A cedarwood vial tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 A cedarwood vial tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 A group of 25 meteor arrows tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 An oaken vial tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 A finely carved heartwood pot tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 A flame-shaped sigil tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 An elegant nacreous vial tumbles out of the corpse of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood.

17:06:43.028 A chipped tangerine shard appears and clatters to the ground.

17:06:43.028 A huge pile of sovereigns spills from the corpse.

17:06:43.028 With the death of Vulkuz, Barrow-lord of the Darkenwood, the tomb grows still in the wake of your Intrepid victory. Your foray is complete!

17:06:43.028 [Rage]: +0.5. Total: 1.7

We did the thing.

On to the Margam!

IctinusFrederich
    @Makarios

We will!

Also; is the boulder talisman a 1-time use or?
    edited March 16
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/1YTnksBd

Being thrown from an attack, wherein you don't have balance until you insta-die is kinda bullshit.  NGL.

EDIT:  https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/9j_3Y8IF

yeah.  That's just not fair. :(
  • CooperCooper Posts: 3,797 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I'm 99% sure the aran'kesh foray is bugged.

I don't want to give parts of it away, but the things do nothing to him!

Okay 100% sure.

It followed me to Thera and Mhaldor and was attacking everyone I ran into :(

• IctinusIctinus Posts: 10
    edited March 17
    This is sorted now. He was somewhat overzealous on following people who flee / run  from him / otherwise leave the area.
    "flee".

I'm sorry that dying to the insta kill that happened before the foray ended and then embracing death counted as fleeing :(

Frederich
  • TahquilTahquil Posts: 3,512 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Frederich said:
    https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/1YTnksBd

Being thrown from an attack, wherein you don't have balance until you insta-die is kinda bullshit.  NGL.

EDIT:  https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/9j_3Y8IF

yeah.  That's just not fair. :(
    Easily avoidable though.
    @Tahquil

It's literally unavoidable unless you have a boomerang and don't have mass up.

We get thrown when off-bal from an attack so...
    edited March 17
    I'll take a hit and admit being thrown is unavoidable. The 'insta-die' can be completely prevented though by utilising the very unique mechanic present in this particular foray. and a thing called 'communication'.
    If your partner gets blocked off, because he's still in their room.  They can only move 1 room, and that's with a leap.

Being thrown whilst off-balance and then dying 1 second later is hillariously unfair, in-and-of-itself.  Especially considering they might be off bal too.

I'm pretty sure we're just missing something, but yet to figure out what.
  • NazihkNazihk Posts: 487 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Some boss fights you have to have somebody whose job is just to stay on balance and respond to situations. 

There were a few bosses like that in Imperian, up until we got the ability to just bullrush them.
    TahquilMathilda
  • AsmodronAsmodron Posts: 2,007 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Frederich said:
    If your partner gets blocked off, because he's still in their room.  They can only move 1 room, and that's with a leap.

Being thrown whilst off-balance and then dying 1 second later is hillariously unfair, in-and-of-itself.  Especially considering they might be off bal too.

I'm pretty sure we're just missing something, but yet to figure out what.

Clearly what you need is Jack Sparrow to show you the ropes.

Image result for jack sparrow railing

I can't wait to see your complaints when you get to the next stage then!
    Caelan
Sign In to Comment.