Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

A way to make Eleusian RP make sense for -everyone-

12346»

Comments

• AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 1,986 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Daeir said:
    Asmodron said:
    Nazihk said:
    As a relatively recent convert to Targossas, I think it is pretty apparent that Nature is a second-string enemy at best.

Joining this city, basically everything I had to fucking read was about how Darkness and Evil and Chaos are bad and why we oppose them and all that jazz. All the sermons were about them. All the rituals were about them. Deucalion's history is specifically opposed to Chaos. They are pretty clearly the main enemies of Targossas by any reasonable standard.

On the other hand, I don't remember reading a goddamn word about Nature or Eleusis. I don't remember it showing prominently anywhere in the stuff I had to learn about. As far as I've managed to understand it, Targossas doesn't like Eleusis because they're a bunch of dicks who keep attacking us. Sure, they might be one of our main enemies right now, but that's because of circumstance. They're pretty clearly not considered to be on the level of the Dark/Evil/Chaos triad. 
    I'd be interested in taking a look at these readings, merely because from the last sermon I heard from Targ their definition of why to oppose Darkness was basically "Twilight is dangerous and did some crap in the past, so we dont like him". Im really hoping the readings mentioned are more developed than that.
    The readings are okay, but the general consensus and understanding of Darkness is extremely limited in lots of people. Tends to be viewed as more antithetical to Light as anything "real" like the subjugation of Creation under Evil, or the Oblivion-singularity end. People gloss over the conclusion of the Great Work being the literal remaking of Creation in Twilight's image and direction as being anything but another hellish doomsday-end scenario for some reason. Never understood it.

I've taken to calling it the coming of the "Abyss" IC to give it more credence as an actual threat. It's also honestly the most interesting enemy from a theological standpoint, because Twilight is anything but obvious in his motives for what he does, if we even find out what he's doing, unlike Evil and Chaos which tend to broadcast everything they do at any given moment.
    Yep. For this reason I tend to imply that Twilight is the most dangerous "villain" God (Khalas is out of comission, so yeah...). While the other two are quite obvious in their motives, Twilight's plots tend to have you unknowingly assisting His desires before it is too late to stop what He has unleashed. I've always held His and Apollyon's actions in high esteem.

I have an interesting theorum/story that im planning to release in time to try and explain why He chooses to seek domination and remaking of the universe. Should be fun.
  • NazihkNazihk Member Posts: 425 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Chaos is clearly the most dangerous, imo.

Twilight only wants to remake everything. Chaos wants to unmake everything.
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 1,986 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Nazihk said:

I suppose it depends on each one's definition of dangerous. I see an unseen blade that strikes you from behind and you find yourself waking up in chains with no memories of who you are and forced to mine coal for the rest of your days, as more dangerous than the known idea of chaos tryi g to unmake everything and a known group trying to push this.

Basically unseen and unknown seems far more frightening than seen.
    Cailin
  • AnedhelAnedhel Member Posts: 2,367 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Pfff. Fear is the path to the dark side. Your post shows you are strong with the Force, but you are not a Jedi yet. 
  • CailinCailin Member Posts: 4
    Back to OP-- I personally love my life in Eleusis and can't think of any way it needs to change. Granted, I'm new to the game. I'm one of those pacifist Eleusians, and like Siena said, I love that Eleusis lets me be me. Story is, I joined Eleusis because Nature is pretty, and then I found out Gaia and Artemis want to destroy all the cities, and I'm like, nah cities are kinda pretty too? And so I find myself following Tarah and believing in Balance to a certain extent: cities are okay as long as they are not extremely destroying Nature (I do rather resent Hashan cutting down Northern Ithmia and would have fought them for that). I am not wholly pacifist: I do oppose Darkness, Chaos, and Evil, and would fight against them. But it makes me sad to see Eleusis and Targossas fight because I like them both. Although I understand and respect their reasoning for doing so. I do plan on preaching compassion and things later on, as was mentioned. There is plenty of RPing fun for me to do as a semi-pacifist Eleusian, and I am happy. Hugs!

PS @Bail has a super interesting philosophy that I would recommend people ask him about.
  • ReilochReiloch Member Posts: 116 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited March 21
    Nazihk said:

Nihilists want to unmake everything, but we are now a fairly small subsection of Chaos since the renaissance. It's more accurate to say that the Chaos faction wants to rootkit the universe for reasons as diverse as they are petty. Fundamentally and possibly permanently changing the way the world works in order to indulge some person's eccentricities is just as terrible as it sounds, but it's an entirely different kind of terrible compared to omnicide.
    AerekTruax
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Aerek said:
    Click Here for 50 Lifehacks Possible Through Eschaton -- #27 is AMAZING!!!
    They are all Newbietasks #stopclickbait
    ReilochTorinnLiyane
  • RemiliaRemilia Member Posts: 63 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited April 8
    Aegoth said:

idk, sexy anime big-boobed dragon girl is pretty enticing....

Keorin
  • RangorRangor Member Posts: 2,688 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cailin said:
    Back to OP-- I personally love my life in Eleusis and can't think of any way it needs to change. Granted, I'm new to the game. I'm one of those pacifist Eleusians, and like Siena said, I love that Eleusis lets me be me. Story is, I joined Eleusis because Nature is pretty, and then I found out Gaia and Artemis want to destroy all the cities, and I'm like, nah cities are kinda pretty too? And so I find myself following Tarah and believing in Balance to a certain extent: cities are okay as long as they are not extremely destroying Nature (I do rather resent Hashan cutting down Northern Ithmia and would have fought them for that). I am not wholly pacifist: I do oppose Darkness, Chaos, and Evil, and would fight against them. But it makes me sad to see Eleusis and Targossas fight because I like them both. Although I understand and respect their reasoning for doing so. I do plan on preaching compassion and things later on, as was mentioned. There is plenty of RPing fun for me to do as a semi-pacifist Eleusian, and I am happy. Hugs!

PS @Bail has a super interesting philosophy that I would recommend people ask him about.
    Should tell me that IG right away, will cause you and us far less trouble in the long run.
12346»
Sign In to Comment.