Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

What artefact would you design if you won the raffle?

1235»

Comments

• ValariaValaria Member Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Ahmet said:
    'Illusions conjured while phased may also be seen by unphased adventurers.'

@Daeir pls :(
    but it will probably give away your position to anyone with lifevision. :D

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
    Ahmet
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 5,645 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Teaser:

Formed from smoothed, ebon-lustre olivine, the air of this antiquated staff bares its ancient legacy plainly with a web-work of ornate inscriptions coiling about its form, quicksilver gilding surging about the tiny channels. A flickering matrix of unstable light weaves and warps about its crown, occasionally shifting into shattered, chromatic fragments, each one whirling unpredictably as it attempts to reform, the meaning of their greater whole lost amidst the luminescent chaos.

:pleased::pleased:
    ShirszaePrythe
  • MathildaMathilda Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Oooh. Area-wide staff of illusions?

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 2,602 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Lvl2 illusion staff? <3 <3 <3

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• AegothAegoth Member Posts: 1,813 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited March 24
    That last sentence is grammatically incorrect. Fix it, before @Trey gets on your case

hint: it's a run-on sentence
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 5,645 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You're a run-on sentence.
    :pleased::pleased:
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaMember Posts: 1,595 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    It's not a run-on; it's just long. Grammatically fine.

In the first sentence, though, the dependent clause, "Formed from smoothed, ebon-lustre olivine," is not in agreement with the subject, "air."
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    its def a run on
    A run-on is two (or more) independent clauses joined without appropriate punctuation or conjunction, this is a run-on.

The sentence in the description only has one independent clause.
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    geez, someone failed english class
  • MathildaMathilda Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    It is technically grammatically correct. However, it is awkwardly long. It could do with being split and then a rephrase of the latter half to be grammatically correct, as well.

Liyane
  • KresslackKresslack Lost at SeaMember Posts: 5,546 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ship in a Bottle

A clear glass bottle, stoppered with a cork and with a small tag attached to the neck bottle via golden thread. One side of the tag is blank, the other displays a short spell in flowing script which, once uttered along with a ship name (while at the harbour it's docked) will create an exact replica of the vessel within the bottle, sailing upon a salty sea.

Random interactions such as turbulent seas, the occasional seamonster attack, etc that will show to you only if held in hand or show to room if let on the ground.

Once per month you can reuse the spell to replace the ship currently stored.

• BlujixapugBlujixapug Member Posts: 1,787 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    you point it at someone and their say text turns rainbow

it interacts with weather and you can make rainbows appear omg

you can change the colour of your text in news posts

it works like the Color cantrip
    AsmodronCooperSkye
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 1,899 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I can somehow see that area illusion being used for such havoc and trolling :/
    i hope daeir is trolling you illusion thirsty fucks, and its actually a cataclysm staff, magi only
    AsmodronOmorLiyane
  • ValariaValaria Member Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I don't mind that its run-on sentence just to annoy someone.. you know.. griefing those who are being that picky with the grammar stuff.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
    It is a text game, after all

• MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    A text game for all levels of english-capabilities, so I've never been crazy nazi about any of it, I am not pedantic enough to care.
    Related image
    Aodfionn
    Minifie said:
    A text game for all levels of english-capabilities, so I've never been crazy nazi about any of it, I am not pedantic enough to care.
    Sure. But the charm of a text game is well-written text as much as anything else. You can be understanding of the varying levels of english that people who play here have and still appreciate it and make suggestions when you think things could be better. Its just a matter of how you do them. 

That's like saying Harry Potter can be written with the English grammar of a 10-year-old, since the intended readership goes that young anyway.
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 763 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited March 25
    It's more like saying exactly what I said. Don't strawman, makes yourself look stupid.

Let's make it clear for those who struggle. That post was entirely Personal, relating only to me, and, indeed, meant nothing on how others felt or react. I don't, nor ever will care. It does not mean, however, that I think english teachers should lax on education because maybe they'll get some french student who struggles.
    Related image
    AodfionnAsmodron
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 2,728 @ - Epic Achaean
    You can talk however ya want. Any item in the game world, especially one as permanent as an artefact, should be improved upon wherever possible. It's not being a nazi and it's not something anyone should take personally. Just my two cents.

Unrelated, despite the fact that permanent items and rooms are the typos that get fixed, the one-time world emotes with typos are the absolute worst ones because I'm triggered by the fact that that world emote will go down in history, unfixed, forever.
    Huh. Neat.
    ShirszaeKalilaLiyaneValaria
  • HaloshireHaloshire Member Posts: 21 ✭✭ - Stalwart
    Gauntlets of Gotcha:
    By using Gotcha <target> the target cannot move more than 1 room away from the adventurer that uses this until one of them perishes or the user uses DROPKICK <target> (requires the target be unmassed) to send the target to just beyond the thousandth door.

Dude, you kicked him through the fourth wall.
1235»
Sign In to Comment.