Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

What artefact would you design if you won the raffle?

Comments

• CamrothCamroth Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished

Just spit balling

Cloak of Something cool that lets you blackwind or phase.

The All-seeing eye - All gems and veils in the game lose functionality for one Achaean day. (24-hour cooldown. or something).

Gauntlet that gives power of all artefact gauntlets +3 str, harvesting, rune stuff, etc.

Atavian wings that give more exits, I don’t know I guess that’s what Chenubian wings do but something like that.

But let’s be honest with my luck I would only win the raffle under one scenario. I win second place and the person who wins first wants a very flavor-centric roleplay artefact that I would never want or use.

Shirszae
  • BlujixapugBlujixapug Member Posts: 1,795 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 27
    Ryzeth said:

Shouldn't 'friend' be 'matey' ? Pretty sure bucko isn't pirate language lol.
    let me avast ye right there tharr, bucko
  • JurixeJurixe Where you least expect itMember Posts: 1,545 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Camroth said:

the person who wins first wants a very flavor-centric roleplay artefact

This is 100% me, but my chances of winning the raffle are slim to none so I wouldn't be worried.

I'd love an artefact that would let me create items as roleplay props, maybe from a preset list so it couldn't be abused. Statues, flowers, drinks, I don't know.

It could be once a year if that's too OP.

A portable version of the housing crystal ornament, which lets me set ambient messages in a room.

An artefact that lets me host quizzes!

An artefact that lets me summon one out of a variety of entertainers: musicians, bartender, jester etc.

BlujixapugShirszaeEheneShimi
  • BlujixapugBlujixapug Member Posts: 1,795 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jurixe said:

I always wanted something that would let me run riddles. A set of ten nesting boxes, that would each stay where they were placed until collected or recalled by me, and could be configured to open in response to a specified word spoken by anyone in the room. Something like that. So I could daisy chain them for a riddle, or just scatter them for a treasure hunt or scavenger hunt. Ideally they could also reliably be buried in the wilderness without vanishing.
    JurixeSkyeLiyanePrythe
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaMember Posts: 1,685 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sarapis said:
    Wand of Zap.
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    Kayeil
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 881 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Krypton said:
    Sarapis said:
    Wand of Zap.

BlujixapugValariaSaeva
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 1,985 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I love items that are thematic or fitting to the lore. Something @Daeir does very well in description.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 2,860 @ - Epic Achaean
    Jurixe said:
    Camroth said:

the person who wins first wants a very flavor-centric roleplay artefact

This is 100% me, but my chances of winning the raffle are slim to none so I wouldn't be worried.

I'd love an artefact that would let me create items as roleplay props, maybe from a preset list so it couldn't be abused. Statues, flowers, drinks, I don't know.

It could be once a year if that's too OP.

A portable version of the housing crystal ornament, which lets me set ambient messages in a room.

An artefact that lets me summon one out of a variety of entertainers: musicians, bartender, jester etc.
    @Jurixe Paintings :(
    Huh. Neat.
  • TahquilTahquil Member Posts: 3,450 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 27
    I would create a tea set to brew your own tea. You can select 3 items out of a list that will lend their traits to a generic description. I would try and use items that are ingredients or herbs that have no combat implications (burdock, slipper, kuzu) or are abundant.

example : Using fruit, milk and burdock would result in something like "Steam wafts lazily from a jade-glazed tea cup, the milky tea within emitting the subtle sweetness of fruit combined with a bitter twinge of burdock."

Using no milk "Steam wafts lazily from a jade-glazed tea cup, the dark tea withiin emitting the subtle sweetness of fruit, a bitter twinge of burdock and a sharp bite of spice."

Ideally if two or three of the same ingredient was to be used it would move from subtle to strong and overpowering. Each cup would hold 6 sips which would cycle the flavour text with each ingredient taking prominence twice.
    JurixeMelodieSenaAereidhna
  • DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 792 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    An arte that connects all wilderness exits. Like a wing, but for wilderness exits, villages etc.
    Liyane
  • SynbiosSynbios Member Posts: 4,349 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    A pickled pirate's tongue. It's a tongue pickled in a jar of rum. (You can also drink the rum.) Use the jar to curse someone, and for the next hour, any time they use say/tell/yell/shout/orgtell, a list of many common words and certain uncommon words are replaced with their pirate equivalent. As well, "Arrr!" and "*hic*" are  is inserted at random between, before, and after sentences.

you = ye
    your + you're = yer
    are = be
    aren't = don't be
    isn't = ain't
    stop = avast
    yes = aye
    yeah = yarr
    friend = bucko
    *ing = *in' (eg. speakin', talkin', conversin')
    etc
    Also should block wings by forcing the victim to say "Duanathaaaaarrrrrrrr" when they try to use their wings.

BlujixapugAhmetKyrra
  • TelinusTelinus Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Something linked to Orders (though I'm not in one) where the user can utilise it to shoot a flare for their order into the air (think HP and the Dark Mark flare), that's viewable in the rooms in the area and give you a rough direction that the mark has been set at.

Different formats for each God - so design/reactions/actions.

I don't know enough about the gods/their markers etc and if it would be viable but it could be cool, though would take a lot of time to make I imagine.

For example, using Sartan:

A daemonic claw.

Holding a daemonic claw aloft in one hand, you bring it down in a stabbing motion to pierce the palm of your other outstretched hand.

A burning pain fills your whole being as you collapse to your knees, a wordless shriek leaving your mouth as a black miasma swarms into the sky from the wound in your palm, twisting into the form of <insert sartans symbol>.

Room in the general area:
    You are standing in a room.
    The dark mark of Sartan can be seen in the air. What a lovely room this is.
    There is a rabbit here, looking suspicious.
    There is an exit to the north.

Room in the marker location:
    You are standing in a room
    The air above you swirls with the mark of Sartan. What a lovely room this is. The sun is shining brightly.
    There is a slightly disheveled squirrel here.
    There is an exit to the south.

Rework for each god, something cool. Can last for an achaea day, could be dispelled by raising another gods marker, maybe have it tie in with shrine benefits too for area control.

A daemonic claw for sartan
    A pulsating seed for gaia
    A slither of yew for artemis
    A burning ember for ducalion
    An orb of light for aurora
    etc etc.

People in the orders or whatever can think of them but I would make something cool like that. Have it auto-change based on your order.

If you have no order then.. idk, the mark of Pantheon?

I haven't had my coffee yet. Terrible idea my be terrible.
    AsmodronLiyane
    Someone marathoned Harry Potter last night.
    Huh. Neat.
    KyrraLiyane
    Ahmet said:
    Someone marathoned Harry Potter last night.
    Did they?
    I definitely skimmed and missed your mentioning harry potter, I swear :P
    Huh. Neat.
    Ahmet said:
    I definitely skimmed and missed your mentioning harry potter, I swear :P
    To be honest, I re-read and had to think did I mention HP cause I hadn't had my coffee.

Also, I haven't watched it since Christmas. Though my partner is reading the books so that may explain things.
  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 863 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Trey said:
    Yeah but I want it.

Liyane
  • AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 3,494 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Token of Alliance

Attach to a person to be able to travel to them ala earrings, except it resets every hour and has to be set to use. Basically a temp earring without the cost to change.
    This could actually be a gold artie, like 100k to use for 2-3 resets.

Talisman of Truesight

50% chance to see what a passive tick cured off someone.

Greater Bracers of Frost (upgrade)

Unlocks icefort to ice wall all directions

Wyverns Amulet/Boots

Upgraded buckawns, also works vs denizens

You hug Aurora compassionately.
    LiyaneDochitha
  • SarathaiSarathai Member Posts: 2,114 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Atalkez said:
    Wyverns Amulet/Boots

Upgraded buckawns, also works vs denizens
    Would buy on day of release.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - (OOC Clan): Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."

CooperKyrra
    Sarathai said:
    Atalkez said:
    Wyverns Amulet/Boots

Upgraded buckawns, also works vs ropes and enmesh
    Would buy on day of release.
    Fixed @Atalkez

<3
    Huh. Neat.
  • JinsunJinsun TN, USAMember Posts: 2,608 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    1000 credits. Flair's token. Usable once every 20 ig years. Consumed upon use. The order of Babel can use this token to reveal the next qualified player or celani to fill Babel's role for at least 50 ig years.

ditto on cheap rum drinking horns

Architect blueprints-

Destroying any housing room or upgrade returns the full value of the room credits used to purchase.

Thalassian Crosshairs.

Allows you set a list of enemy ships for automatic targeting by your crew that will target upon ship entering range. Can be toggled on or off.

Ditto on colored illusions. 

Artefact that lets you design a set number of sellable items for your housing servants, subject to approval of course, maybe even just a voucher.

an artifact that allows you to change the crew flavor among the current special types once a month 

artefact ballista dart usable once a month to force an already spawned seamonster to focus on a different nearby ship.

Artefact that allows you to use room emotes like the illusion items in house halls but only visible by fellow house or city members to avoid abuse.
    1000 credits. Flair's token. Usable once every 20 ig years. Consumed upon use. The order of Babel can use this token to reveal the next qualified player or celani to fill Babel's role for at least 50 ig years.

ditto on cheap rum drinking horns

Architect blueprints-

Destroying any housing room or upgrade returns the full value of the room credits used to purchase.

Thalassian Crosshairs.

Allows you set a list of enemy ships for automatic targeting by your crew that will target upon ship entering range. Can be toggled on or off.

Ditto on colored illusions. 

Artefact that lets you design a set number of sellable items for your housing servants, subject to approval of course, maybe even just a voucher.

an artifact that allows you to change the crew flavor among the current special types once a month 

artefact ballista dart usable once a month to force an already spawned seamonster to focus on a different nearby ship.

Artefact that allows you to use room emotes like the illusion items in house halls but only visible by fellow house or city members to avoid abuse.
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember, Secret Squirrel Posts: 5,733 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Jinsun eagerly rubs Flair's token, a hopeful look in his eyes.

A yawning portal into endless dark opens before him, sucks the token out of his hands and away into the terrible cold.

Only silence remains in its wake as the portal seals itself once more, as if it had never existed.
    :pleased::pleased:
    FinkleAsmodron
    Sorry for posting twice my app froze
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember, Secret Squirrel Posts: 5,733 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited February 27

an illusory crest (350cr)

When ATTACHed to a staff of illusions, a Magi's elemental staff, or INVOKED while in the form of a Greater Dragon or whilst possessing knowledge of Subterfuge, this crest will imbue the wielder with the means to cast illusory lightweavings across entire areas, and potentially even entire continents when used in tandem with other bearers of the crest. The crest's energy can also be expended to weave vastly more complicated (longer) illusions, as well as imbue existing illusionary capacity with vivid colour.

The crest naturally absorbs latent arcana from the environment, charging itself slowly over the course of an Achaean month. It will take several months to fully charge (7 days). Bearers of a crest may also channel excess unused charge from their own crests to other users, if they wish.

Bearers beware: improper use of such a potent illusionary tool may draw the wrath of the Divine, especially if illusions of unworthy bearers threaten to impinge upon their domains.

CONJURE ENHANCED ILLUSION WITH CREST <illusion> <colour:optional> - will consume 0.5% of the crest's charge to conjure an illusion with double the normal word limit and the capacity to use colour.

CONJURE ILLUSION WITH CREST AREA <illusion> <colour:optional> - will consume 3% of the crest's charge upon successful use. An additional 2% is used if colour is requested.

CONJURE ILLUSION WITH CREST PLANE <illusion> - will consume 90% of the crest's charge upon successful use. Requires two other bearers of an illusory crest to PREPARE CREST within the same room within the past 60 seconds. Will consume 90% charge from all involved crests.

CHANNEL CREST <target> <chargeamount> - will channel a given amount of energy from your crest to another person with a crest. They will receive 80% of the total energy given.

an ancient Aldar lightweaving focus (700cr)

An upgraded version of the illusory crest, this focus permits use of the same enhancements as the crest, but with an additional function: the ability to weave glamours over otherwise mundane objects.

To make use of such a fabled crest, you must be Transcendent in at least one design-oriented tradeskill and have no less than ten approved designs in the NDS system.

These glamours are ephemeral and only last a limited time, but can be used to give objects brand new temporary appearances and descriptions.

As with other tools of enhanced illusory potency, bearers must exercise extreme care not to mimic the appearances of objects relevant to any given Divine.

Glamoured objects last a maximum of 3 Achaean months before returning to their mundane counterparts. Weapons may be glamoured to appear only as weapons of their own type, and not of artefact weapons (must contain their item keywords, sword, etc). Similar restrictions apply to armour. Glamoured items decay at triple the normal rate while glamoured, weapons and armour and other combat-oriented consumables at 10 times the normal rate.

Sigils and other conjurable items may be glamoured, but must always contain their keyword (cube, monolith) in the APPEARANCE and DROPPED specification of the glamour. They will decay at 20 times the normal rate, and will always vanish when the glamour is dispelled.

CONJURE GLAMOUR <object> KEYWORD <keyword> - consume 2% crest charge to change the keyword of a given object. Glamoured objects will respond to this keyword and be interactable with it, but will also be able to be used by their existing keyword at the same time (e.g: glamouring a potato will still allow it to be targeted as @potato, even if it is instead a draconic orb or somesuch).

CONJURE GLAMOUR <object> APPEARANCE <appearance> - consume 3% crest charge to change the shortname of the given object to appearance.

CONJURE GLAMOUR <object> DROPPED <dropped> - consume 1% crest charge to change the dropped line of the given object.

CONJURE GLAMOUR <object> EXAMINED <examined> - consume 5% crest charge to change examined line of the given object.

CONJURE GLAMOUR <object> TOUCHED <touched> - consume 2% crest charge to imbue the object with an illusion that is created when someone touches it.

CONJURE GLAMOUR FORTIFY <object> - extend the glamour of an object by using 5% of your crest charge to reset its expiry back to 3 months. This will fail if the object has less than 3 months of life left after factoring in the increased decay rate.

Glamoured objects can be discerned by skilled Serpents and unwoven with use of the Dispel skill in Subterfuge.

Examining a glamoured object with HYPERSIGHT active will reveal the nature of its illusionary appearance in the examined description. The Truth rite in Devotion will also unravel any glamoured objects left in its midst periodically, as will the Revelation vibration.

Shimi
    edited February 27
    I can't amend that last post without jumping out of quotes for some reason, but my rationale behind those two artifacts is that if you're willing to spend 1000cr+ on the ability to make fancy illusions and you have a history of knowing how to design things (see the restriction on the lightweaving focus), you can probably be trusted to make custom temporary objects on the fly for roleplay or whatever.

I'm actually also kind of reeling at the implications being able to conjure new items on the fly could have on the game, in everything from roleplay to combat, to subterfuge even.
    @Daeir Thats a decent assumption. Its also one thats hilariously inaccurate.
    Huh. Neat.
    If all else fails, massive credibility hit for shitty glamoured items and the crest stops working if you're anything but maximum credibility.
  • SaevaSaeva Member Posts: 1,775 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    A dragon's eye: allows you to veilglance in lesser form.

or a nautical compass that enabled quick travel to any harbor on whatever land mass you are on.

TahquilShimi
Sign In to Comment.