Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

What artefact would you design if you won the raffle?

DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 5,629 @@ - Legendary Achaean
Title says it all. Show us your ideas and discuss other people's ones!

a Vespertinal anchor (500cr)

A silver medallion wrought from the nascent spiritualist practices of Targossian shamanism, this trinket affords the bearer increased mastery over the Spiritwalk ability in Spiritlore.

If the bearer is not a Shaman or does not have access to Spiritwalk, possessing this artefact will allow them to ENTER EXPANSE when at full health and mana, giving them the ability to Spiritwalk, though at considerably higher expense compared to a practiced Shaman. It confers no other abilities to non-Shamans outside of this.

If the bearer is a Shaman and is trained enough in Spiritlore, they may ENTER EXPANSE during Spiritwalk to enter a passageway in the Vespertine Expanse, allowing them immediate access to a number of locations worldwide, though only in spiritual form. It will also diminish the distance-based willpower penalty for prolonged Spiritwalking based on how long you have remained still, up to a maximum of 90% for long periods stationary.

The Vespertinal passageway provides access to the following locations:

* Ashtan defendable (n)
* Mhaldor defendable (ne)
* Cyrene defendable (nw)
* Eleusis defendable (w)
* Hashan defendable (sw)
* Targossas defendable (s)
* The Universal Membrane in Saoghal Valley (se)
* Aster Peninsula on Meropis (e)
* A bridge of shadows in Anzari-tarin  (up) [beware, for the shadows of the Underrealm are deadly even to spirits]
* Annwyn lake (down)
* Nishnatoba (in)
* A tempestous whorl (out) [casts the spiritwalking shaman to a completely random non-private, non-stockroom, non-council room anywhere on the Prime Material Plane. It may also simply kill them outright.]

:pleased::pleased:
CooperAsmodron

Comments

• KryptonKrypton Biology lab in the Lyceum, CyreneMember Posts: 1,575 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    White scale of Sycaerunax

Non-Dragons:
    - Allows use of PIERCE THE VEIL

Dragons:
    - Allows use of PIERCE THE VEIL while lesserformed
    - PIERCE THE VEIL is instantaneous while Dragonformed

(Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    Kayeil
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 3,624 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Besides the locations you gave, that's a really creative and cool idea Daeir.

Mine is uncreative but useful - morphing artie that can be any other artie with an hour cooldown.

Dochitha
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 2,713 @ - Epic Achaean
    An artefact that allows you to use the equivalent of Imperian's EXPLORED command.
    Huh. Neat.
    Kayeil
  • FrederichFrederich Member Posts: 765 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Krypton said:

Non-Dragons:

Dragons:

>Pierce the veil is instantaneous

Can we have a big hot bag of nope?

I already have enough of a hard time smacking people in dragonform who instantly run away because I can't stick paralysis at the time that it goes through.  I don't need MORE issues with it *sob*

I'd enjoy a morphing weapon artefact to be made, though, alternatively, something like what Cooper suggested would be nice too.  Anyways, that or splitting the veil artie into a 2-parter.

1st level lets you sense or hide, 1000cr.  Can change every 72 hours or some shit.
    For some reason I doubt they'll allow anything that's been an auction item in the past.
    Huh. Neat.
  • LiyaneLiyane Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    My idea isn't super great but tried to think of something different from what's currently out there:

A cloak made of Porcupine Quills

When struck by an adventurer, deals X (either flat or %) damage back to them.
    HalosEhene
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Hilariously, if I won I'd create an artefact that lets me finally win some sort of raffle or lottery :p.

I've put 0 thought into it because, as fun as it is, I don't want to inflate myself up only to inevitably lose. Best to keep them hopes down! :p
    Related image
    ZahanBade
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 5,629 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cooper said:
    Besides the locations you gave, that's a really creative and cool idea Daeir.

Mine is uncreative but useful - morphing artie that can be any other artie with an hour cooldown.
    Yeah, not entirely happy with the defendable stuff, but I couldn't really think of anything off-hand to allow spirit access to the various cities. Maybe various gardens or places of spiritual interest in those cities or something. General idea is a scouting/spy improvement artefact for Spiritwalking so that people will like.. actually use it.

I'd also use the shit out of a morphing artefact too.
    :pleased::pleased:
  • SarathaiSarathai Member Posts: 2,069 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Krypton said:

Non-Dragons:

Dragons:

Would not be viable, you get auto-booted from Gare if you're there lesserformed anyway.

You want to explore it, get dragon like the rest of us.
    (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."

(Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."

Kyrra
  • TaryiusTaryius Member Posts: 44 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I'd love to have invoke projection as any class.. 
    Though I'm not sure if that would be worth it for a personal artefact.. maybe if it had a secondary ability or effect... 
  • KryptonKrypton Biology lab in the Lyceum, CyreneMember Posts: 1,575 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sarathai said:
    Would not be viable, you get auto-booted from Gare if you're there lesserformed anyway.

You want to explore it, get dragon like the rest of us.
    That's not my explore artefact idea. That would be:

a skeleton key

-Unlocks any and all doors.

(Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
  • ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 2,577 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I definitely love the idea of that sash

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

• MiliceMilice Member Posts: 2
    Belladonna's Kiss: While wearing this...whatever it is, you're healed for the full amount of bleeding damage you've directly caused every time it ticks on your enemy.

More flavor than anything, I think any level of bleeding that would actually save your life would also be lethal for the enemy.
  • TaryiusTaryius Member Posts: 44 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Milice said:
    Belladonna's Kiss: While wearing this...whatever it is, you're healed for the full amount of bleeding damage you've directly caused every time it ticks on your enemy.

More flavor than anything, I think any level of bleeding that would actually save your life would also be lethal for the enemy.
    That would tempt me to go back to Shaman...

• ShirszaeShirszae Santo DomingoMember Posts: 2,577 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Also, I'd honestly be content with creating a lvl2 illusion staff that allows you to use coloured illusions a la jester.

And you won't understand the cause of your grief...

...But you'll always follow the voices beneath.

No plz. Blademasters don't need to be any scarier.
    Huh. Neat.
  • DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 714 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    A morphing artefact that allows you to add +1 to a single stat.

An artefact banana for jester peels.

An artefact that will clean up the peels.

An artefact to rune yourself up, runes: Jera, Algiz, berkana. Or Perma rune.

A bowl that contains unlimited food with high nutritional value.

An artefact pet that will counter attack denizens each time you are hit, can crit too.

An artefact that steals health from denizens. Can do for health, mana, endurance, wp.

I like this from @Mindshell An artefact that halves your balance/eq time each time you score a critical hit.

• KalilaKalila Member Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I'm simple.

I want a handheld resetting non-decay barrel of rum, that never empties, always has 50 sips, and the ability to quaff it.
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,149 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Kalila said:
    I'm simple.

I want a handheld resetting non-decay barrel of rum, that never empties, always has 50 sips, and the ability to quaff it.
    Spin the wheel and get Ironbeard's Finest. No liquid inside, so you can just drink drink drink drink, and it is potent as hell. One drink to slightly flushed with reasonable alcohol tolerance. Hard to say what the liquid inside is, it's almost like a basic ale distilled down to near grain-alcohol level by the description and drink message.

KyrraDochitha
  • LiyaneLiyane Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Kalila said:
    I'm simple.

Okay. I'll be that guy... why does it need 50 sips if it never empties?
  • DragonknightDragonknight Member Posts: 219 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    So you can quaff 50 sips at once.

KalilaLiyaneDochitha
  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    @Trey: remove slipperiness from that list, and it's good. giving an arti that lets people writhe faster should never be a thing. (also even more tankiness when bashing)
    Dochitha said:
    An artefact banana for jester peels.
    An artefact to rune yourself up, runes: Jera, Algiz, berkana. Or Perma rune.
    An artefact pet that will counter attack denizens each time you are hit, can crit too.
    An artefact that steals health from denizens. Can do for health, mana, endurance, wp.
    Also none of these things, they're all kinda ridiculous for a variety of reasons. (pretty sure there's paragons for the last one, though, but only does it on kill. Could be misremembering)

Stealing some ideas from other games:

Paradox Puzzle: 500 credits
       - Use the PYRAMID command to operate.
       - Can be set to memorize up to 4 locations.
       - Allows operator to teleport to these 4 locations
       - Locations unset every game month.

Commandant's Sash: 200 credits
      - Any squad (party) led by the wearer will generate 5% extra xp.
         (probably change it to like 500cr for ~15-20% extra instead)

Also because it's an artifact everyone wants.
    Rune of the Strider: 300 credits
      - Attaches to any pair of boots, making them non-decay as well as giving permanent waterwalking.
         (DETACH RUNE FROM <boots> to remove)
      - Also prevents the wearer of the boots from being washed down river by currents.
    BadeLiyane
  • NazihkNazihk Member Posts: 377 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited February 26
    Monocle of Acuity:
     - You will not use equilibrium when using the glance or observe skills.
     - If you do not have the observe skill, it will give it to you.
  • ValariaValaria Member Posts: 341 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Shrieking sigil -
    - cause wings to malfunctioning in a room
    - drop in a room.
    - can be destroyed by the mushroom;but will return to its owner by reset.

2015/01/12 Tecton, the Terraformer has bestowed His divine favour upon you. It will last for approximately 1 Achaean month.
    @Nazihk squint is your friend.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KalilaKalila Member Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    So you can quaff 50 sips at once.

This guy gets it. Hehehe.
  • BlujixapugBlujixapug Member Posts: 1,785 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    A pickled pirate's tongue. It's a tongue pickled in a jar of rum. (You can also drink the rum.) Use the jar to curse someone, and for the next hour, any time they use say/tell/yell/shout/orgtell, a list of many common words and certain uncommon words are replaced with their pirate equivalent. As well, "Arrr!" and "*hic*" are  is inserted at random between, before, and after sentences.

you = ye
    your + you're = yer
    are = be
    aren't = don't be
    isn't = ain't
    stop = avast
    yes = aye
    yeah = yarr
    friend = bucko
    *ing = *in' (eg. speakin', talkin', conversin')
    etc
    LiyaneHalos
  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 715 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean

Shouldn't 'friend' be 'matey' ? Pretty sure bucko isn't pirate language lol.
  • TreyTrey Member Posts: 4,149 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ryzeth said:
    @Trey: remove slipperiness from that list, and it's good. giving an arti that lets people writhe faster should never be a thing.
    Yeah but I want it.

Sign In to Comment.