Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Bonuses based on Escrow

DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
Think we can have bonuses based on how much escrow you have?

Just example:
20K escrow: 1% crit bonus, 1% xp gain bonus
50K escrow: x% crit bonus, x% xp gain bonus
etc

Things that won't likely break the game but give the spenders more fun, and also... more targets to hit (escrow amount). So these bonuses are only attainable by achieving the escrow tiers. Even if I don't have any other artefacts to go after, I may still buy creds to get those bonuses. That's the idea...

Thank you.


«1

Comments

  • AustereAustere TennesseeMember Posts: 1,857 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If something like this was put in (please god no), I'd rather see it go the opposite way. Kill someone with 40k escrow? Double experience
    Ahmet
  • CamrothCamroth Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Naw we just need RANKINGS ESCROW. Then whales can knock themselves out for bragging rights.
    AhmetShirszaeAntidas
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaMember Posts: 5,648 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    More like SHAME ESCROW.
    :pleased::pleased:
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 2,738 @ - Epic Achaean
    Rankings cheezbrgr. Public listing of peoples' personal values displayed as the amount of cheeseburgers they could have purchased instead.
    Huh. Neat.
  • FrederichFrederich Member Posts: 785 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    ... Yeah that's fair tbh.

    I have like 12k-15k escrow in total so....
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesMember Posts: 2,225 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Would be better if they converted it into real dollars.  Making it rain since 1997
    image
    Morthif
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaMember Posts: 1,603 @@ - Legendary Achaean
          
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
  • CamrothCamroth Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Oh yeah I would support custom honours lines.

    Through a series of misspent student loans, <player> has attained an escrow of 50,000 credits.

    Laughing in the face of debilitating credit card debt, <player> has attained an escrow of 50,000 credits.

    Having spent more years at home than any millennial should ..


    You get the idea but I'm sure this doesn't apply to anyone here though at all.
    Asmodron
  • MathildaMathilda Member Posts: 183 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Forsaking the benefits of proper healthcare and a stable retirement plan, <player> has attained an escrow of 130,000 credits.

    Liyane
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaMember Posts: 1,603 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    <Player> is ranked 1st in fiscal sensibility, having purchased nothing but two lesson packages for his/her character.
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    Mathilda
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 2,738 @ - Epic Achaean
    <Player> has slain his retirement savings, having submitted to their crippling addiction to gambling promotions.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AntoniusAntonius Member Posts: 3,775 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    <Player> is just plain richer than you. Suck it, peasant.
    Morthif
  • KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyMember Posts: 4,034 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I don't want to know how much money I've thrown at Achaea, let alone what I've spent on other people as well. It's a depressing thought.
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 3,651 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I'm all for it, as long as they fix the auction escrow bug!

  • SobriquetSobriquet Member Posts: 1,201 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Is it April 1st already?
    image
    Dochitha
  • DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    I love you folks.
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    I reckon your nipples should be based on your escrow size, very important balancing feature that makes use of the escrow feature as well.
    Related image
  • RyzethRyzeth Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Minifie said:
    I reckon your nipples should be based on your escrow size, very important balancing feature that makes use of the escrow feature as well.
    How much escrow does it take to have coin-sized ones?
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Ryzeth said:
    Minifie said:
    I reckon your nipples should be based on your escrow size, very important balancing feature that makes use of the escrow feature as well.
    How much escrow does it take to have coin-sized ones?
    That's reserved for the highest escrow, giving the honours line "his/her nipples are impressively coin sized."
    Related image
    Camroth
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 2,738 @ - Epic Achaean
    Are we talkin


    or


    Huh. Neat.
  • MinifieMinifie Member Posts: 771 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Ahmet said:
    Are we talkin


    or


    The perth gold mint one, gotta have a decent reward for @antonius and @mindshell
    Related image
  • AsmodronAsmodron Member Posts: 1,899 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I suddenly find myself pondering over Prospero's nipple shape...
    Ehene
  • SilvarienSilvarien Member Posts: 570 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Antidas said:
    I don't see why people with the ability or desire to spend large amounts of money on the game should get even more bonuses than they already get for simply owning all those artifacts.

    Just seems 100% unnecessary, and will only serve to widen the gap between people with a disposable income and people without.
    This, basically. I am one of those people with outrageous escrow, and I have the combat acumen of a dead brick. I've always liked how in this game high-end artefacts still provide you with only a relative edge in combat situations, and that's only if you know what you're doing. Achaea is an expensive game, but I would say it's not pay-to-win. Somebody like me would never win against somebody who has few artefacts but a lot of combat skill -- and as one of those "big spenders" or whatever -- I like it.

    My primary concern with this game has always been that people who can't afford artefacts erroneously feel they can't make a mark on things, they get discouraged and they leave. Making a change such as this would only exacerbate this problem.
    Bade
  • DochithaDochitha Member Posts: 733 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited February 16
    Silvarien said:
    Antidas said:
    I don't see why people with the ability or desire to spend large amounts of money on the game should get even more bonuses than they already get for simply owning all those artifacts.

    Just seems 100% unnecessary, and will only serve to widen the gap between people with a disposable income and people without.
    This, basically. I am one of those people with outrageous escrow, and I have the combat acumen of a dead brick. I've always liked how in this game high-end artefacts still provide you with only a relative edge in combat situations, and that's only if you know what you're doing. Achaea is an expensive game, but I would say it's not pay-to-win. Somebody like me would never win against somebody who has few artefacts but a lot of combat skill -- and as one of those "big spenders" or whatever -- I like it.

    My primary concern with this game has always been that people who can't afford artefacts erroneously feel they can't make a mark on things, they get discouraged and they leave. Making a change such as this would only exacerbate this problem.
    The escrow bonus should be limited to quality of life, and not combat related. Things like xp gain, crit bonuses, wp endurance regen bonus, free language, free whatever I don't know etc. It's definitely going to be interesting, and if this was real, I am sure everyone is happy, even if you think it's terrible idea. You probably even spend more to advance higher tier.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 2,157 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Sorry, but the OP is the one of the dumbest things I've ever read. The artefacts themselves already give the benefits, adding more benefits on top is unnecessary.

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

    BadeSobriquetShirszae
  • CamrothCamroth Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited February 16
    All of my bull shitting in this thread aside, how many people would something like this affect really? Is giving tiny non-pk bonuses to a handful of people who probably generate a noteworthy portion of the games profits on their own really that a big a deal. 

    IRE games are one of the most expensive f2p business models I have ever seen. Most everyone here participates in that. Giving more to someone who has spent more money is what f2p games are all about.

    Edit: For clarity I don't necessarily think this is a great idea in and of itself, I just don't think it would matter much if implemented. Of all the things anyone could claim to worry about causing a disparity among the haves and have-nots, something like this ranks trivial at best.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna beMember Posts: 2,738 @ - Epic Achaean
    edited February 16
    IRE has one of the most expensive f2p models out there.

    Its also the only f2p model that guarantees you items that will pretty much always have a significant impact on your gameplay. Other games have cosmetics or tier items that are edged out with the power creep or limited use time-saving mechanics, but very very few games have anything nearly as permanent and impactful as artefacts, much less in such a wide variety.

    Edit: And its the only one Ive ever encountered that lets you trade in those rewards for anything substantial in return.
    Huh. Neat.
    BadeSkye
«1
Sign In to Comment.