Why do you play your class?

Comments

• @Ahmet if your walrus is purple... you may need to get out more. :(
  • Nataliia said:
    @Ahmet if your walrus is purple... you may need to get out more. :(
    He just turned 21. Cut the boy some slack.

• AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Sarapis said:
    There's really one main reason I play the admin class.

The ability to make gleam out of thin air. Seriously, the minute I start feeling the twitches coming on, I just MAKE GLEAM and literally seconds later I'm blasting around the universe on the back of a giant space narwhal with O Fortuna blaring and a humgii wearing a Christopher Walken costume flying next to me insisting there must be more cowbell. 

Best feeling ever!

• Sarapis said:
    This conversation has started to make me feel dirty.
    Forums really needs a lol option along with the like and awesome... just saying.
  • Nataliia said:
    Sarapis said:
    Forums really needs a lol option along with the like and awesome... just saying.
    Oh boy. 
  • Nataliia said:
    Sarapis said:
    We had that, along with agree/disagree options. Lol'ed at posts they disagreed with to make fun of them. People got butt hurt, legitimately or not, and the admin decided the headache wasn't worth it. Things got busted down to only options that could be used in a positive sense ('lol', as said before, was often used in a negative way). It's not going to come back.

Back on topic, I originally played Serpent, Bard, and Blademaster, in that order, because I wanted a wandering, adventure-having sort of character. Big on exploration, quests, stuff like that. Character-wise, he's still like that, but Depthswalker is too much fun/cool of a class for OOC reasons. Without a proper, non-Nature ranger class, might as well go with what's fun OOCly rather than what fits best ICly. Best fitting would probably still be Blademaster.

((-hint hint: give us a non-Nature ranger class next, pretty please!-))
  • This is why we can't have nice things. :(
  • I am a member of the 2h runewarden army. Who wouldn't choose a class that is the not only one of the best bashing classes but also considered one of the easiest ways to get into pvp. It's like the newbie total package.

After I finish my last few levels to dragon I'll probably get my feet wet with 2h for abit then switch to DWC. I'm a Bard at heart though in most games I play, but this game ain't cheap so we'll see about that one day.

• Bo will say she was a jester before she was a jester. It's true!

All of the silliness! As an Occultist. Hmm.

Reminds me, I need to see about a new avatar...
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π
  • Serpent, Sentinel and Apostate are my true-love-always-come-back-to classes, Paladin is more of an infatuation than a true love because I haven't gotten to play it since Weaponmastery.

The other 3 are factional so I'm Serpent.
  • bard because even though I'm not the biggest fan of weapon classes, bard gets very good value with artefact rapier. also I heard it was one of the trickiest classes to master which intrigued me.

magi because i like intelligent damage and just want to melt people away.
    spread positivity
  •  Most of Storil's RP revolves around his Race, Grook. Depthswalker has tremendous potential in RP, but Storil has been spending too much time hunting to fully explore it.  When he reaches level 83. this is at the top of his agenda. Storil is a  Depthswalker because he wanted to do something different after waking from a long sleep. Most of the RP for the class for him has involved delving into the Ancient Knowledge of the Tsol'teth, and doing one of his favorite things--walking around cloaked where people can't see him:) For Storil, Depthwalker combines a storied history based on ancient knowledge, with tremendous versatiliy. Overall Depthswalker is one of the best utility classes I have seen and I plan to focus Storil's RP around that as he develops.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Would do unspeakable things for non-faction ranger but honestly Runie isn't too far off at all. I've always been a Runie and always wanted to use a bastard sword as one and then the admin were like "oh you'd like that? Cool okay here" and then I was like sweet but SnB tho and then SnB started feeling too easy and not very rewarding so I went to 2h and I've never looked back cause despite it being an easy entry combat class it has a decently high skill ceiling that's hardly if at all been touched.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • Kenway said:
    SnB started feeling too easy and not very rewarding
    This is even worse as Paladin.
  • KenwayKenway San Francisco
    Antonius said:
    Kenway said:
    Zero doubts this is accurate. Damn has never been so easy.

- Limb Counter - Fracture Relapsing -
    "Honestly, I just love that it counts limbs." - Mizik Corten
  • I play the classes I do because newer organization RP is hard and these are the classes I am allowed to play that I am most comfortable with, mechanically.

• Not the answer you want,  but there it is. 

• edited January 2017
    Kenway said:
    Antonius said:
    Kenway said:
    Zero doubts this is accurate. Damn has never been so easy.

To be fair, the "difficulty" of SnB is surviving long enough to execute, which can in some circumstances make it a very difficult class. It can be pretty frustrating to have to prep someone multiple times as snb while they do 3x as many kill attempts on you, and this does happen - snb kill setups aren't 100% guaranteed.

Runie snb might actually be easier than pally snb simply because algiz and ground nairat offer far more certain defense and they prep at least slightly faster as well.

Damning people is totally fun because you're damning people. You guys just don't know what fun is. Sigh. :(

(I get bored of SnB too tbh, but moreso because of the huge prep time than anything else, which is obv necessary for balance reasons)

• Give SnB dwc prep time and I'd play it more. Definitely disheartening to fight guys with 18 break points who are already hard enough to beat without having to survive 3+ kill attempts per shot of your own.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • edited January 2017
    After one Jhui level defense/prep as SnB, I become as old as Mizik irl

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WA
    Aralaya said:
    Wanted to play a knight class and wanted to be factional. I decided to go with paladin for the kick-ass targossian falcon and then proceeded to not get one :(
    you know how to go get one, right?
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?"
  • I was a Cyrenian Priest a long long time ago... After Shallam disappears, I was forced to change class when I got back from slumber, I chose Shaman because it looks fun. And I kept dying to Alchemists, so I made decision to change class to Alchemist. Multiclass rolled out, and I kept losing to Bards... So I multi'ed bard. And I couldn't handle serpent, so I multi'ed serpent. I want to get more classes...

But Multiclass too expensive.
  • After one Jhui level defense/prep as SnB, I become as old as Mizik irl
    Ay fk u buddy
  • The first character I ever made, around eight years ago when I first found the game ( I was thirteen ) was an Infernal, I didn't quite make it in Mhaldor as I didn't grasp the concept of evil roleplay all that well (I told the...I believe ambassador, that I wasn't a slave and slapped them which led to me being killed and ousted. Awesome experience even if it was a little disheartening.) and found myself as a Runewarden in Cyrene. After years passed and I came back to give the game a real shot I made Aziik and knew I wanted to walk around in heavy armor and found the idea of runes and totems to be rather interesting so I gave it a shot and fell in love.

Now I look at other classes and am curious but know I can't afford to invest into the lessons the way I have into Runewarden already.

• I've played a bunch of different classes. Then I quit achaea for years. Wound up coming back and was watching the Musketeers on netflix and I wanted to make a Musketeer, but since we dont have firearms in achaea blademaster was the closest thing to it. It seems versatile, like can take the class anywhere, it suits my personality, the bashing sucks but I love this class. I couldnt imagine playing anything else now
  • Marseus said:
    I've played a bunch of different classes. Then I quit achaea for years. Wound up coming back and was watching the Musketeers on netflix and I wanted to make a Musketeer, but since we dont have firearms in achaea blademaster was the closest thing to it. It seems versatile, like can take the class anywhere, it suits my personality, the bashing sucks but I love this class. I couldnt imagine playing anything else now
    Wanting a musketeer, not having access to firearms and choosing anything but Bard... 

• edited February 2017
    Because being a Knight is awesome, and the history of the Infernals class is probably the greatest real, non-Mythos history this game ever produced (at least in my active time). Even the abilities feel ancient compared to other skillsets, which adds to the overall mystique for me.
  • Trey said:
    Marseus said:
    I've played a bunch of different classes. Then I quit achaea for years. Wound up coming back and was watching the Musketeers on netflix and I wanted to make a Musketeer, but since we dont have firearms in achaea blademaster was the closest thing to it. It seems versatile, like can take the class anywhere, it suits my personality, the bashing sucks but I love this class. I couldnt imagine playing anything else now
    Wanting a musketeer, not having access to firearms and choosing anything but Bard... 

at first I thought about bards but then I was like.. yeah, musketeers dont have birds on their shoulders and stuff.. they arent musicians. It seemed logical in my narrow view  I kinda wanted that whole Gentleman swordsman with a cool off hand. works well for my rp
  • Sholen is a pyromaniac and -loves- burning and blowing things up. So that's why she is a magi. I always wanted to learn magi combat so I made her. Other rp reasons include, magi are known for their strong leadership, and she wants to learn to be a leader in combat amongst other reasons. Sho is also a ritualist, so elementalism comes into play as she is fascinated with the elements, where they come from, how magi channel them, and Lord Agatheis. 

Mainly I chose magi for sholen because I wanted her to love fire and scare the shit out of people with her sadistic ways. Lol. And I like the idea of a magic user. Never had played a magi and never play that kind of class in any game, so I wanted to change things up a bit. I'm glad I did. Now is one of my favorite classes and I really really enjoy the rp that can go into it .