Classleads

Comments

• Makarios said:
    One thing I've got from this thread is that I missed an opportunity to add chrono cross and chrono trigger to Aeonics. That's fairly tragic.
    There's still time!

Seriouspost: You said Fire Lord took 40% of the Elemental Lord development time. What were the other time breakdowns?
  • While we're at it, should rename rebirth to chrono resurrection.
  • tri trans depthswalker now gives access to a character editor instead.
  • Elisella said:
    Makarios said:
    One thing I've got from this thread is that I missed an opportunity to add chrono cross and chrono trigger to Aeonics. That's fairly tragic.
    There's still time!

Seriouspost: You said Fire Lord took 40% of the Elemental Lord development time. What were the other time breakdowns?

About 23% for earth, 40% for fire, 23% for water, 16% for air. It gets a bit hazy between the other three, but those are general ballpark figures. It mostly came down to how hard each was to test, and how close to "right" they were on first pass. Air required relatively few major changes and was mostly minor tuning. They all took about the same length of time to actually code the initial version (fire and water might have taken slightly longer because there are some more complicated things going on in some cases). Fire went through a lot of different iterations, though. Like with any kind of combat skill implementation, the coding is the easy part and takes up a fairly small amount of the actual development time. Testing and inevitable rewrites are the real time sink.

• edited April 2018
    BM absolve starting to look less ridiculous now, isnt it
  • Zheo said:
    BM absolve starting to look less ridiculous now, isnt it
    Absolve or Incinerate, I'd be cool with either.

• Vivisect, you mean. It'll be great. Aim high.
  • Man BM Vivi would be even easier to pull off than DWB vivi.

• Get rid of impale/impaleslash shenanigans. Change the insta to 4 out of 5 broken out of head/legs/arms (a "broken star"). Allow sword envenom. Delete voidfist. Make BM great again.
  • edited April 2018
    @Zheo Yes, Infuse Lightning/Envenom Curare/Strike Stomach. Gimme!

Change strike to.. throat? Yeah. Kelp stacks!

(Just saw that anorexia is cured by focus. DAMN!)

• Curseward isn't a real problem for shaman because their aff delivery is better and they have vodun. It's only a problem for apostate because their 'raze' is as slow as their regular attack, and their regular attack is slower than most momentum classes by just a bit.
  • Zheo said:
    Get rid of impale/impaleslash shenanigans. Change the insta to 4 out of 5 broken out of head/legs/arms (a "broken star"). Allow sword envenom. Delete voidfist. Make BM great again.
    I don't think @Atalkez will think any boost to BM is enough until missing/clumsy is addressed. He was pretty vehement about them, though I could be remembering incorrectly.
  • What about a modifier to clumsiness miss chance in certain stances?
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • Devran said:
    Zheo said:
    Get rid of impale/impaleslash shenanigans. Change the insta to 4 out of 5 broken out of head/legs/arms (a "broken star"). Allow sword envenom. Delete voidfist. Make BM great again.
    I don't think @Atalkez will think any boost to BM is enough until missing/clumsy is addressed. He was pretty vehement about them, though I could be remembering incorrectly.
    Nah I just bit the bullet on that.

Being unable to kill max mana artied people was my problem. 

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Speed up Deathstrike wind-up from Striking to be based on prone affliction status and the number of damaged limbs (level 2 and level 3) on the opponent for Blademasters. Should give them a slow-prep alternative to bleed + impale strats.

How fast should the deathstrike windup be based on number of broken limbs? Up to discretion of @Makarios. Could be near-instant like Devour from dragon on four damaged limbs (level 2 breaks) or 1 second (enough time to put up a shield or tumble away if your curing is decent).
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • No class that breaks two limbs in one quick-ish hit should get a kill condition like devour.
  • Reyson said:
    No class that breaks two limbs in one quick-ish hit should get a kill condition like devour.
    What about a full ulti-break for the quick-ish hit? Level 2 Head + level 2 Torso + level 2 Arms + Level 2 Legs? There's a lot of opportunity to balance it I think.
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • Atalkez said:
    Devran said:
    Zheo said:

They could just fix this, then BM would be fine. Makarios has already stated bm isn't intended to be a "aff class" so you can pretty much can the idea of getting more aff-related things. 

I agree they shouldn't really get anything based on limb breaks=channeled insta, when they break as fast as they do.

• edited April 2018
    Pyori said:
    Atalkez said:
    Devran said:
    Zheo said:

They could just fix this, then BM would be fine. Makarios has already stated bm isn't intended to be a "aff class" so you can pretty much can the idea of getting more aff-related things. 

I agree they shouldn't really get anything based on limb breaks=channeled insta, when they break as fast as they do.
    When they can hit. Right? @Atalkez

Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • You should see he already answered that, before tagging him again for the exact same thing.

• Pyori said:
    You should see he already answered that, before tagging him again for the exact same thing.
    more of a tongue and cheek prod at a friend of mine. but thanks for your enlightened opinion. 
    Cooper said:
    This is one of the worst forms of special snowflake RP I've ever seen. Thanks for going to another city to do it!
  • What about... landing Deathstrike on a mangled head and if they don't cure out of their mangled head after a certain timer, they will shout out, "Nani?!" before their head explodes? =)

Other than that, I have no idea what people want from BM besides implementing copy-cat Absolve ability #5.

Also is it impossible to rework deathstrike to be based on number of limbs broken at a certain level? Is there any way to make it balanced? Such as requiring mangled head + mangled torso? Or just six mangled limbs entirely? Or is BM so good at limb breaking that it can do a sextuple mangle-lock and do a quickened 2-3 second deathstrike that is impossible to tumble out of?

For those arguing that we should get away from impale entirely for Blademasters. Does that mean that we should have a complete rework? Turn TwoArts into Skirmishing 2.0 since everyone wants a non-faction Sentinel class?
  • CLASSLEADS NEWS #24                                     (04/20/2018 at 07:42)  
    From   : Makarios, the Meticulous
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: Classleads for 2018 q2: Batch 1
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We're pleased to bring you the first batch of classleads for the second quarter of 2018. There are some pretty significant ones in this batch, so we
    will be closely monitoring them to ensure no problems arise. Here are the changes:

Aeonics
    -------
    * The balance knock of DISTORTION has been reduced.
    * DISTORTION while the caster is not aged has the standard room hinder fire rate instead of the slightly reduced one of previously.
    * AEON now has a delay on the speed being stripped. This should always happen before you recover balance if you are the one doing the stripping of the
    speed.

Crystalism
    ----------
    * HARMONY's passive curing aspect now has a less consistent tick rate (it will fire less often).

Formulation
    -----------
    * INCENDIARY ticks will no longer trigger deliverance.
    * CONCUSSIVE now diminishes in potency for each person it throws from a location. So each subsequent person has a less likely chance of being thrown,
    essentially.
    * MAYOLOGY now extends your herb and elixir balance when it is active.

Healing
    -------
    * SPIRITLASH has been sped up.

Metamorphosis
    -------------
    * MIGHT has been sped up.
    * AMBUSH has been slightly sped up.

Necromancy
    ----------
    * The windup period of BLACKWIND has been increased slightly.

Occultism
    ---------
    * The windup period of ASTRALFORM has been increased slightly.
    * PINCHAURA SPEED now has a delay on the speed being stripped. This should always happen before you recover balance if you are the one doing the
    stripping of the speed.

Propagation
    -----------
    * PROPAGATE is no longer an aggressive action.
    * PROPAGATE has had its cooldown reduced.
    * When in VIRIDIAN form, Sylvan's gain access to ENVENOM natively.

Puppetry
    --------
    * SLOW now has a delay on the speed being stripped. This should always happen before you recover balance if you are the one doing the stripping of the
    speed.

Shadowmancy
    -----------
    * TIMELOOP will only boost instills if the instill user was the one to deliver the timeloop affliction.
    * REDEEM now only wipes the shadow some of the time. If you possess the artefact phylactery, this chance is reduced to 0.
    * ARTEFACT PHYLACTERIES now add a chance for the shadow not to fade when utilising SHADOW STEP.

Subterfuge
    ----------
    * PINSHOT has had its fire rate increased slightly, to bring it in line with other room hinders.

Spirituality
    ------------
    * Afflictions from allies no longer have reduced scaling for the purposes of ANGEL SAP.

Swashbuckling
    -------------
    * HEARTSFURY is no longer strippable.

Tarot
    -----
    * AEON now has a delay on the speed being stripped. This should always happen before you recover balance if you are the one doing the stripping of the
    speed.
    * You may now ACTIVATE HERMIT <tag> to tag a hermit card with a specific tag. You may then FLING HERMIT AT GROUND <tag> to specify that hermit in
    particular. This does not interfere with the old hermit syntax/useage - that still works the same.
    * ACTIVATE HERMIT will now pick an unset hermit in your inventory if possible. If all of the hermits in your inventory are set already, it will pick
    the first one it finds as previously.
    * The HERMITS output now shows the tag for a hermit if set.

Voicecraft
    ----------
    * LIMERICK and EPIC have been removed from the list of songs that SONGBIRD can cause to happen passively.

Vodun
    -----
    * SLOW now has a delay on the speed being stripped. This should always happen before you recover balance if you are the one doing the stripping of the
    speed.

Misc
    ----
    * Various room hinders now fire less aggressively if the caster is out of the effect's room. Those affected are: AEONICS DISTORTION, DEVOTION PIETY,
    NECROMANCY GRAVEHANDS, and SUBTERFUGE PINSHOT.
    * In light of the delay on speed being stripped, speeds time to come up as been halved to maintain the status quo for these mechanics. This does have
    some consequences, but they're positive ones.
    * Improved how serverside curing handles the speed defence.
    * DIVE no longer acts as a bypass method for the TENSION affliction.

Enjoy!

Penned by My hand on the 1st of Ero, in the year 769 AF.
  • That songbird nerf.
  • Is the Alchemist who threw the concussion the first person it tries to boot? Or is the order random?
  • Not sure how much of a nerf that really is. If you're automated or good enough then yes, you can take advantage of some lucky RNG with Epic/Limerick, but otherwise you don't enter a scrap counting on songbird to be a bro.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Oh it was more of a “that’s a smart nerf” than a “lol bard gutted” nerf. Minor tweaks like that are a good way to ever so slightly adjust classes and I’m happy to see changes like that over sweeping class destructions :D
  • The Speed delay is interesting. Will help for group fights, but does mean hitting 2 Aeon with Tarot Devil is wasted.

(Party): Mezghar says, "Stop."
  • edited April 2018
    Minifie said:
    That songbird nerf.
    Is not even a nerf. To terrible bards, maybe.

• I think Ill like the songbird change.