Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Classleads

Comments

• AntidasAntidas Posts: 1,366Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Aegoth said:
    eye sigil buff probably won't stop the rampant rez abuse, especially if hou just have someone there to mushroom eye sigils all day. It's not hard 
    I mean sure, its not hard, but the point is that it now has a counter that literally everyone has access to and is not expensive. If you put serious effort into making sure someone can't leave the room, they probably won't be able to without one of their teammates going out of their way to help them do so. Which is in and of itself a victory, because now you've only killed one member, but also occupied the 2nd with blowing up eye sigils in your room as well as adjacent rooms.

Hell, admins could probably even add a balance cost to trying to failing to leave a room due to an eye sigil, so as to prevent spamming a direction.

Taryius
  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,179Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    A lot of the times it is a combination of multiple things that make something too strong.

An unartied alchemist with no promotional items = not a problem with Mayology.

An artied alchemist = a problem, but manageable

An artied alchemist with promo/shop of wonders items = a big pain in the ass

An artied alchemist with promo/shop of wonders items and multiple ways to rezz themself = holy crap this sucks

An artied alchemist with promo/shop of wonders items and multiple ways of rezzing themself and factional rezz and shaman rezz = lul.

Farrah has toned down Mayology use since people started complaining heavily.

Burst/burst/flask/rezz/burst/burst/reincarnate is broken as well. I don't think you should be able to have multiple gems (this is why there is a level 2 gem - level 1 gems should not stack), and I think a cooldown on touching starbursts would go a long way too.

ShirszaeAldwicKietHataru
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,276Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You mean advantages that people buy with real money to have advantages actually give them advantages?

Shocking. I'm being facetious, but you know what I mean. I don't envy having to try to balance things around some players just possessing so much more than others at entirely inconsistent levels, though.
  • KietKiet Posts: 2,243Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited October 2
    Farrah said:
    Who even defended Mayology in its current form? Rom and I were discussing nerfs the day I started using it. That doesn't mean the nerfs suggested by some aren't overboard.

Gem rezzes have been a thing I have dealt with from the other side for ages. It's somewhat insulting that you accuse me of bias over that. Find posts of me whining this incessantly when I was fighting against it. You won't. I just deal with it, and now I use it. It isn't biased for me to expect others to deal with it too.

To be clear, it's fine to have a different opinion. But some people seem to not think it's a problem when it's their side using it and only get extremely loud when the other side starts. That's bias, and a double standard.
    I think you're generally one of the less biased people about your own abilities, tbh (other than the rezzes).

You also didn't have to fight it that incessantly, given Rom has the activity of a turtle with chronic hibernation patterns! Obviously I'm not gonna be loud when Rom's the only one that used it because a) who's even noticing and b) I'm not trying to give people ideas. That doesn't mean I wouldn't try to nerf it, just like it doesn't mean I find the new vitality artifact remotely reasonable.

A lot of this issue is, though, as everyone ever predicted, the result of the increasing power creep of talismans/promo items.

I'm also of the opinion that if alchemist is bad without mayo, that means alchemist needs a rework, not that mayo needs to stay.
    Hataru
  • ArmaliArmali Posts: 898Member, Secret Squirrel ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    @Austere
    Why aren't you guys complaining when I used Mayology on you guys :(
    Tysandr
  • AustereAustere TennesseePosts: 2,071Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Armali said:
    @Austere
    Mayology pisses me off like nobodies business.  I didn't have any reasonable solutions to fix it though outside of nerf stick, so I was watching all the other cryers and hoping Mak had something up his sleeve that doesn't allow a single person to tear through raid groups. It really is ridiculous right now though, so I've chosen not to bother fighting it with the kinda odds we normally bring. 
  • ExelethrilExelethril PhD EbonicsPosts: 3,123Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Can't you just target and kill the person who has Mayalogy up..? Pretty sure you just need 2-3 people sync'd to shut down someone.

Mayalogy in duels as a self-deny tool when prepped is still pretty retarded

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
  • LyrinLyrin Posts: 140Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Armali said:
    @Austere

I didn't know dragon form had mayology.
    Solnir
  • RomRom Posts: 496Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited October 3
    Lyrin said:
    Armali said:
    @Austere

I didn't know dragon form had mayology.
    You could imbibe mayology and dragonform before it wore off, before I bugged it persisting. Made me wish I had Elder for a few days. :s
    Chat with other players in real time on your phone, browser, or desktop client:
    Come join the Achaea discord!
  • AtalkezAtalkez Posts: 4,147Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    ????

They didn't fix that. They just turned it into an artefact for a promotion. It's called a golden phial, no class restriction!

(obv I'm joking about not fixing it persisting in dform, but it was given back through a gate!)

You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • LeviticusLeviticus Posts: 244Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Kiet said:
    Farrah said:
    Who even defended Mayology in its current form? Rom and I were discussing nerfs the day I started using it. That doesn't mean the nerfs suggested by some aren't overboard.

Gem rezzes have been a thing I have dealt with from the other side for ages. It's somewhat insulting that you accuse me of bias over that. Find posts of me whining this incessantly when I was fighting against it. You won't. I just deal with it, and now I use it. It isn't biased for me to expect others to deal with it too.

To be clear, it's fine to have a different opinion. But some people seem to not think it's a problem when it's their side using it and only get extremely loud when the other side starts. That's bias, and a double standard.
    I think you're generally one of the less biased people about your own abilities, tbh (other than the rezzes).

You also didn't have to fight it that incessantly, given Rom has the activity of a turtle with chronic hibernation patterns! Obviously I'm not gonna be loud when Rom's the only one that used it because a) who's even noticing and b) I'm not trying to give people ideas. That doesn't mean I wouldn't try to nerf it, just like it doesn't mean I find the new vitality artifact remotely reasonable.

A lot of this issue is, though, as everyone ever predicted, the result of the increasing power creep of talismans/promo items.

I'm also of the opinion that if alchemist is bad without mayo, that means alchemist needs a rework, not that mayo needs to stay.
    People tend to forget about how much money people have paid to have an advantage. The vitality artefact might not be reasonable but it came at a HIGH price (Bashing or Money)
    Leviticus said:
    Kiet said:
    Farrah said:

People tend to forget about how much money people have paid to have an advantage. The vitality artefact might not be reasonable but it came at a HIGH price (Bashing or Money)
    No one forgot, I personally believed were starting to get into power creep levels that make the game unappealing for anyone who isn’t already kitted out.

ShirszaeKietHataru
  • SobriquetSobriquet Posts: 1,707Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Starting?

It's been like that for a while now
    LeviticusXadenKiet
    Sure, in many respects. Though, talismans have made that gap much wider, imo.

KietHataru
  • SobriquetSobriquet Posts: 1,707Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Atalkez said:
    Sure, in many respects. Though, talismans have made that gap much wider, imo.
    Very, very much agreed on that 
  • TorinnTorinn Posts: 598Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Or make all purchasable talismans obtainable through IG means like dragon
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
    KietHataru
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 2,633Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Torinn said:
    Via mementos from resolutions, perhaps. The current memento-purchasables have little appeal to me. Not sure whether there's many people still taking and completing new resolutions any more.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    TorinnMathildaPenwize
  • XadenXaden Posts: 2,143Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Klendathu said:
    Torinn said:
    Via mementos from resolutions, perhaps. The current memento-purchasables have little appeal to me. Not sure whether there's many people still taking and completing new resolutions any more.
    100 Kills / 100 deaths every month. Never the bashing ones though. 10 mementoes to do Prin 150 times? No thanks.
  • CaelanCaelan Posts: 804Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Klendathu said:
    Torinn said:
    Mementos or like.. Delosian Eagles. or both

Anze
  • TysandrTysandr Posts: 208Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Xaden said:
    Klendathu said:
    Torinn said:
    100 Kills / 100 deaths every month. Never the bashing ones though. 10 mementoes to do Prin 150 times? No thanks.
    Fuck Prin. @Mathilda knows.
    Proof of Concepts: Sailing Map, Trading
    bounty
    "It's not rocket surgery."

Mathilda
  • PenwizePenwize Posts: 1,251Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Klendathu said:
    Torinn said:
    This is probably one of the most reasonable and fair ideas for obtaining talismans IG that I've heard in a while.  Talisman caches for mementos.  It's limited, not endlessly farmable, but still obtainable for everyone in game.
    Torinn
  • ExelethrilExelethril PhD EbonicsPosts: 3,123Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    I doubt the admins would do something like that because it would affect the monetary value of talismans/caches.

[ SnB PvP Guide | Link ]

[ Runewarden Sparring Videos | Link ]
    Leviticus
  • LeviticusLeviticus Posts: 244Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    I doubt the admins would do something like that because it would affect the monetary value of talismans/caches.
    QFT!
    So Clumsiness no longer has the 5s thing that stops it from affecting you?

• AntoniusAntonius Posts: 4,244Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Correct. Apparently Makarios wasn't happy with how that was working out.
    I like it.

• MakariosMakarios Posts: 1,624Administrator Achaean staff
    We might revisit clumsiness later if we have a better idea, I'd prefer a more middle ground rather than one of the two extremes. I feel the current (no cooldown) extreme is less problematic over all though.
    AtalkezKasa
  • MorzakaiMorzakai Posts: 7Member
    Makarios said:
    We might revisit clumsiness later if we have a better idea, I'd prefer a more middle ground rather than one of the two extremes. I feel the current (no cooldown) extreme is less problematic over all though.
    How about stages for clumsy, lets say the first time you are afflicted with clumsy in say 10 second window you are afflicted with horrible clumsy, the next time, moderate, and any other times mild until the 10 second window expires.  Where obviously each one is less and less severe. 
Sign In to Comment.