Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Disown - Command/Artie?

2

Comments

  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 2,988 @ - Epic Achaean
    Cooper said:
    Bloodlining one person because they paid me credits to do it when I was desperate for credits is one of the worst decisions I've made while playing Achaea. At least once a week I'm reminded of it, and I'd do just about anything to undo it. 
    It's almost like the real thing!
    Huh. Neat.
    Liyane
  • AntidasAntidas Posts: 1,185 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Quisse said:
    Antidas said:
    Rangor said:
    There is a problem in that I can bloodline people without a father, without the mothers consent.......
    I feel like this is one of those things that makes no sense at all from an RP perspective, and yet needs to remain as it is for the sake of game mechanics. Who you want your text-family to be should, in the end, be up to the newbie who's joining said family. Like Skye said above, people can get charmed into making a potentially bad decision, and allowing a parent to dictate who the other parent can and cannot be essentially removes all decision capabilities from the newbie and forces them to go along with w/e the other parent wants, no matter what that is.

    Not to mention a situation where maybe parent1 goes dormant, and now child is unable to ever even have a parent2.

    There's just too much power in the parent being able to have the ability to say "no, s/he can't be your parent because I don't agree with it" imo.

    I like having the power to decide who Antidas has been boinking in secret. WHO WILL IT BE? :open_mouth:
    Mycian prostitutes, duh!


    @Frederich I specifically said it was -not- good RP. It makes literally zero sense from an IC perspective, so I'm definitely not trying to pretend like it's good RP lol. Your other points are valid, but do me a favor and read what I wrote before getting aggressive in response to something you perceive I said.

    Quisse
  • QuisseQuisse Posts: 299 ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    edited December 2016
    Antidas said:
    Quisse said:
    Antidas said:
    Rangor said:
    There is a problem in that I can bloodline people without a father, without the mothers consent.......
    I feel like this is one of those things that makes no sense at all from an RP perspective, and yet needs to remain as it is for the sake of game mechanics. Who you want your text-family to be should, in the end, be up to the newbie who's joining said family. Like Skye said above, people can get charmed into making a potentially bad decision, and allowing a parent to dictate who the other parent can and cannot be essentially removes all decision capabilities from the newbie and forces them to go along with w/e the other parent wants, no matter what that is.

    Not to mention a situation where maybe parent1 goes dormant, and now child is unable to ever even have a parent2.

    There's just too much power in the parent being able to have the ability to say "no, s/he can't be your parent because I don't agree with it" imo.

    I like having the power to decide who Antidas has been boinking in secret. WHO WILL IT BE? :open_mouth:
    Mycian prostitutes, duh!


    That's our story, and I'm sticking to it. :)
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 2,988 @ - Epic Achaean
    There's a four letter word that makes it good RP, but would make about 20% of Achaea's population really horrible people.

    Just saying.
    Huh. Neat.
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellaterePosts: 2,421 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    bloodline show azhrarn <-- this is my great-great-grandfather.


    Children
    --------
    Rinoa           M: Unknown            F: Azhrarn
    Kirath          M: Shaja              F: Azhrarn
    Khalid          M: Shakti             F: Azhrarn
    Yuilie          M: Shaja              F: Azhrarn
    Szantharis      M: Unknown            F: Azhrarn
    Narses          M: Shaja              F: Azhrarn
    Riokai          M: Shaja              F: Azhrarn
    Shiromancer     M: Shaja              F: Azhrarn

    Grandchildren
    ---------
    Nekojin         M: Rinoa              F: Jack
    Laila           M: Rinoa              F: Jack
    Alyssandra      M: Rinoa              F: Jack
    Horatio         M: Rinoa              F: Jack
    Mavado          M: Rinoa              F: Elric
    Aragon          M: Rinoa              F: Jack
    Zulah           M: Rinoa              F: Jack
    Geraint         M: Rinoa              F: Rangor
    Floyd           M: Rinoa              F: Khalid
    Sarune          M: Rinoa              F: Khalid
    Santchual       M: Rinoa              F: Jack
    Mylene          M: Rinoa              F: Jack
    Wesleyan        M: Floralei           F: Kirath
    Ablar           M: Aneila             F: Khalid
    Mendax          M: Aneila             F: Khalid
    Keelase         M: Trenia             F: Khalid
    Wicked          M: Unknown            F: Khalid
    Pronto          M: Accipiter          F: Khalid
    Rouge           M: Unknown            F: Khalid
    Trance          M: Askiva             F: Khalid
    Clide           M: Jynne              F: Khalid
    Akia            M: Unknown            F: Khalid
    Adela           M: Accipiter          F: Khalid
    Lurtz           M: Jynne              F: Khalid
    Calamiddes      M: Taraus             F: Khalid
    Cahir           M: Ariella            F: Khalid
    Amarna          M: Kaio               F: Khalid
    Stom            M: Taraus             F: Khalid
    Aookiji         M: Unknown            F: Khalid
    Hrafnir         M: Yuilie             F: Unknown
    Linsa           M: Elysium            F: Narses
    Mildrith        M: Unknown            F: Narses
    Viperda         M: Riokai             F: Darryl
    Pandion         M: Riokai             F: Darryl
    Mulciber        M: Riokai             F: Darryl



  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellaterePosts: 2,421 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2016
    Great Grandchildren
    ---------------
    Rabthe M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Jess M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Silo M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Jinn M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Ravenkiller M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Shadowled M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Guga M: Laila F: Pronto
    Kuniko M: Laila F: Unknown
    Tuor M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Tealthantos M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Papillon M: Laila F: Marcalo
    Gaunt M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Clotilde M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Romanovsky M: Laila F: Degar
    Leti M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Belmont M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Fort M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Arthemis M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Snareman M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Slanter M: Laila F: Degar
    Kinnikuman M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Destine M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Zelton M: Laila F: Unknown
    Umfufu M: Laila F: Degar
    Anduil M: Laila F: Jaemon
    Terrell M: Laila F: Cain
    Virlomi M: Laila F: Jaizsur
    Trendric M: Laila F: Darkender
    Daelok M: Laila F: Erhon
    Alyza M: Laila F: Cain
    Navara M: Laila F: Unknown
    Gawan M: Laila F: Denex
    Mako M: Laila F: Denex
    Anei M: Laila F: Diavolo
    Inei M: Laila F: Diavolo
    Bean M: Laila F: Ottis
    Apsuthius M: Laila F: Achimenius
    Imadis M: Laila F: Unknown
    Insanic M: Laila F: Denex
    Kowski M: Laila F: Namino
    Slaide M: Laila F: Achimenius
    Dello M: Alyssandra F: Mendax
    Miaea M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Noonan M: Ainia F: Horatio
    Lyzander M: Viviane F: Horatio
    Whitedragon M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Aridonis M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Skweli M: Apathy F: Horatio
    Trevor M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Myranda M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Olesia M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Raeynna M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Ardus M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Leos M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Lira M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Ortanis M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Pete M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Gwynn M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Missi M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Dolpholo M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Edana M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Asscio M: Melony F: Horatio
    Turika M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Stiergis M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Haze M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Velveteen M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Doni M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Foxx M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Aggronor M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Krow M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Kagero M: Isis F: Horatio
    Sinovia M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Sorumous M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Alisiandra M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Marvi M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Jolee M: Beldaran F: Horatio
    Balynne M: Katia F: Zulah
    Varim M: Shazara F: Geraint
    Malie M: Goldberry F: Geraint
    Pikey M: Aeryi F: Geraint
    Sergei M: Shazara F: Geraint
    Tribal M: Misty F: Geraint
    Eluviar M: Shazara F: Geraint
    Jodi M: Kyla F: Geraint
    Dalkazar M: Ainia F: Geraint
    Jakiro M: Skylana F: Geraint
    Soltar M: Greyda F: Geraint
    Zaldin M: Hira F: Geraint
    Mizik M: Misty F: Geraint
    Kez M: Misty F: Geraint
    Gwendra M: Aelyn F: Geraint
    Mogetsu M: Dethea F: Geraint
    Demetri M: Alrena F: Geraint
    Tahirah M: Sarune F: Unknown
    Serendae M: Sarune F: Unknown
    Luciano M: Sarune F: Erhon
    Poergh M: Sarune F: Hoka
    Dro M: Santchual F: Degar
    Sorantia M: Larutan F: Mendax
    Arielle M: Accipiter F: Mendax
    Kiella M: Callianessa F: Mendax
    Renaissance M: Dadalyn F: Mendax
    Agorio M: Callianessa F: Mendax
    Mex M: Oenone F: Mendax
    Ataraxius M: Amunet F: Mendax
    Fixx M: Unknown F: Mendax
    Duske M: Amunet F: Mendax
    Macturin M: Keelase F: Unknown
    Saindi M: Wicked F: Unknown
    Premethius M: Lilliel F: Pronto
    Ashia M: Hipsana F: Pronto
    Lavantis M: Lilliel F: Pronto
    Constancia M: Portia F: Pronto
    Chrysanthe M: Portia F: Pronto
    Gherchen M: Unknown F: Pronto
    Lysea M: Unknown F: Pronto
    Laswell M: Unknown F: Pronto
    Osael M: Nintailiy F: Trance
    Bella M: Musicia F: Trance
    Liheon M: Musicia F: Trance
    Natseji M: Alakardaiel F: Trance
    Hollis M: Nintailiy F: Trance
    Lexx M: Akia F: Terrell
    Lou M: Amarna F: Unknown
    Drillex M: Mildrith F: Unknown
    Larah M: Mildrith F: Unknown
    Kalika M: Miya F: Viperda <-- mom
    Emynui M: Miya F: Viperda
    Rife M: Mulciber F: Unknown
    Meir M: Mulciber F: Unknown
    Kyrra M: Mulciber F: Jhui


    When I tried to post this in full it said my post was several thousand characters too large.

    Nobody should have a bloodline that looks like this and to make it worse, it even loops around at at least two points because of incest and a person who was once my husband appears as the father of a very distant aunt.


    Taraus
  • XadenXaden Posts: 1,644 @ - Epic Achaean
    Skye said:

    When I tried to post this in full it said my post was several thousand characters too large.

    Nobody should have a bloodline that looks like this and to make it worse, it even loops around at at least two points because of incest and a person who was once my husband appears as the father of a very distant aunt.
    I've seen this kinda circuity ruin characters. It's a bit ridiculous alright.
  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaPosts: 1,753 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Skye said:
    It's not even six degrees of Kevin Bacon anymore, it's more like three degrees of Beldaran.
    It's worse than that.

    It's three degrees of Hipsana.
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
    Caelan
  • SenoskeSenoske Posts: 162 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Xaden said:
    Skye said:

    When I tried to post this in full it said my post was several thousand characters too large.

    Nobody should have a bloodline that looks like this and to make it worse, it even loops around at at least two points because of incest and a person who was once my husband appears as the father of a very distant aunt.
    I've seen this kinda circuity ruin characters. It's a bit ridiculous alright.
    It's super frustrating. Honestly.

    The cross out idea I like. Same with the obscure bloodline. Just ugh, something. I'm just tired of typing more 100x just to get to the bottom of my bloodline.

    It's at the point that if I decide to adopt again, I literally tell the person, "Hey, look at my bloodline. You good with that?" Because from an IC standpoint it's embarrassing as hell.
  • ZahanZahan Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    The ability to obscure from public view might be nice but I think that ultimately will hurt the new players who get bloodlined and maybe can't see what they're getting into until it's too late.  It seems like a bad idea unless there is a way to see it anyway via some sort of ledger in Delos, which makes it useless - just make them all accessible that way.

    As far as disowning, that doesn't make sense.  Sure it sucks you weren't careful even though they told you to be, you shouldn't be able to take your personal frustrations about your personal choices out on other people by kicking them out.  What does make sense, though, is some sort of emancipation - the ability to disassociate yourself from your current bloodline.  Your bloodline description could change to something like, "This person has cast himself from his family line." and then of course, you'd permanently lose the ability to ever mess around in the bloodline system again.  But at least you'd have a clean page to look at.

    Really though, just ignore me since I have no horse in this race.  I knew right from the day it launched what a terribad idea bloodlining was and so mine is spotless.
    Click here for Nexus packages
    Currently available: Abs, Cnote, Keepalive, Lootpet, Mapmod
    Ahmet
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellaterePosts: 2,421 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    In Senoske's defence though, I don't think he had any idea that Candace would try to be Ash Ketchum for babies when he bloodlined her.


  • CooperCooper Posts: 3,797 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Rexak didn't go Candace mode, but he is the only person who I bloodlined. Now I'm related to something like 70% of Achaea, and it's really stupid.

  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 2,988 @ - Epic Achaean
    Cooper said:
    Rexak didn't go Candace mode, but he is the only person who I bloodlined. Now I'm related to something like 70% of Achaea, and it's really stupid.
    You can blame Gawi for that one.
    Huh. Neat.
    Gawi
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesPosts: 2,250 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cooper said:
    Bloodlining one person because they paid me credits to do it when I was desperate for credits is one of the worst decisions I've made while playing Achaea. At least once a week I'm reminded of it, and I'd do just about anything to undo it. 
    Oh man Achilles old enough to bloodline anyone who is still active.  I should start an auction.
    image
  • AustereAustere TennesseePosts: 1,905 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Achilles said:
    Cooper said:
    Bloodlining one person because they paid me credits to do it when I was desperate for credits is one of the worst decisions I've made while playing Achaea. At least once a week I'm reminded of it, and I'd do just about anything to undo it. 
    Oh man Achilles old enough to bloodline anyone who is still active.  I should start an auction.
    Momma? 
    Morthif
  • AchillesAchilles Los AngelesPosts: 2,250 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Austere said:
    Achilles said:
    Cooper said:
    Bloodlining one person because they paid me credits to do it when I was desperate for credits is one of the worst decisions I've made while playing Achaea. At least once a week I'm reminded of it, and I'd do just about anything to undo it. 
    Oh man Achilles old enough to bloodline anyone who is still active.  I should start an auction.
    Momma? 
    Next Angel Auction or whatever we call it in Targ now.  You'll have to bid by proxy.
    image
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 2,988 @ - Epic Achaean
    While we're on the topic of fucked up bloodlines though, BLOODLINE SHOW SAADYA anyone? Totally unacceptable, even if he did pay for that blasted gender swap.
    Huh. Neat.
  • AntidasAntidas Posts: 1,185 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ahmet said:
    While we're on the topic of fucked up bloodlines though, BLOODLINE SHOW SAADYA anyone? Totally unacceptable, even if he did pay for that blasted gender swap.
    Lmao. Thats just weird, admin really should do something about that imo.

  • JonathinJonathin A hole in the groundPosts: 3,024 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cooper said:
    Rexak didn't go Candace mode, but he is the only person who I bloodlined. Now I'm related to something like 70% of Achaea, and it's really stupid.
    Yeah, I hate it, too, gramps.

    (Mudlet Clan): Nylian says, "Mosr's on the case. Fix incoming."

    Tutorials and scripts  The Repository

  • KryptonKrypton shi-KhurenaPosts: 1,753 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Ahmet said:
    While we're on the topic of fucked up bloodlines though, BLOODLINE SHOW SAADYA anyone? Totally unacceptable, even if he did pay for that blasted gender swap.
    Why's it unacceptable? Yeah it results from the only coded restriction for bloodlining being two opposite genders, but I don't think it needs to imply anything more than "was the mom, is now the dad".
    (Mhaldor): Herenicus says, "Apologies, I am in-and-out of hold with Verizon wireless customer service."
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 2,988 @ - Epic Achaean
    Krypton said:
    Ahmet said:
    While we're on the topic of fucked up bloodlines though, BLOODLINE SHOW SAADYA anyone? Totally unacceptable, even if he did pay for that blasted gender swap.
    Why's it unacceptable? Yeah it results from the only coded restriction for bloodlining being two opposite genders, but I don't think it needs to imply anything more than "was the mom, is now the dad".
    Because biologically speaking, he wasn't the father. Or isn't the mother. Whichever way you define it, s/he is/was only one.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KyrraKyrra Sanctum of the SkyPosts: 4,114 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Wait, cousin @Skye? :/
    (D.M.A.): Cooper says, "Kyrra is either the most innocent person in the world, or the girl who uses the most innuendo seemingly unintentionally but really on purpose."

  • SkyeSkye The Duchess BellaterePosts: 2,421 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    You're either a cousin or an aunt. I'm not too clear on the second cousin, third cousin business. 


  • SiduriSiduri Posts: 1,344 @ - Epic Achaean
    Quisse said:
    Antidas said:
    Rangor said:
    There is a problem in that I can bloodline people without a father, without the mothers consent.......
    I feel like this is one of those things that makes no sense at all from an RP perspective, and yet needs to remain as it is for the sake of game mechanics. Who you want your text-family to be should, in the end, be up to the newbie who's joining said family. Like Skye said above, people can get charmed into making a potentially bad decision, and allowing a parent to dictate who the other parent can and cannot be essentially removes all decision capabilities from the newbie and forces them to go along with w/e the other parent wants, no matter what that is.

    Not to mention a situation where maybe parent1 goes dormant, and now child is unable to ever even have a parent2.

    There's just too much power in the parent being able to have the ability to say "no, s/he can't be your parent because I don't agree with it" imo.

    I like having the power to decide who Antidas has been boinking in secret. WHO WILL IT BE? :open_mouth:
    You know you wanna =3

    image
    ShirszaeQuisse
  • AnedhelAnedhel Posts: 2,367 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Siduri said:
    Quisse said:

    I like having the power to decide who Antidas has been boinking in secret. WHO WILL IT BE? :open_mouth:
    You know you wanna =3
    Pff, just say it was Annie, and when you sell the movie rights to the hawt Aarashi action, we'll split 50/50. Deal?
    Shirszae
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WAPosts: 1,187 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    get back in your corner, annie. no one said you could come out of the box yet.
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?" 

    (The Targossian Academy): Halos says, "Go on! I need to feel the wind in my hair!"


  • PrythePrythe Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited December 2016
    I was bloodlined before I really knew what it meant, nor was it explained. Was grabbed by a friendly face (whom I adore) and a hubby (whom I do not).

    I later was adopted into the family of my heart - the Lenas. 

    I was not even aware that "bloodlining" mean they gave birth to me. Was not part of my backstory then, still is not.

    This was all back a zillion years ago.

    So I guess I have two moms and a grandmother I adore - only one of whom shows on my bloodlining.

    I refuse to bloodline because reasons (which should be obvious) but I do have a few children carrying a combination of my surname and that of my spouse's.


    - To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it


  • SynbiosSynbios Posts: 4,355 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited December 2016
    Ahmet said:
    There's a four letter word that makes it good RP, but would make about 20% of Achaea's population really horrible people.

    Just saying.
    ...Wine? Beer? Mead? Vodk(last letter omitted due to being too drunk to continue)?

    ShaydePrythe
  • PrythePrythe Posts: 356 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Synbios said:
    Ahmet said:
    There's a four letter word that makes it good RP, but would make about 20% of Achaea's population really horrible people.

    Just saying.
    ...Wine? Beer? Mead? Vodk(last letter omitted due to being too drunk to continue)?
    All of those might be involved, but are still not a justification. 

    (Just saying.) 

    (Couldn't resist.)

    (Come on, it was a tad funny along with some important social commentary!)

    - To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it


  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna bePosts: 2,988 @ - Epic Achaean
    Bad jokes are bad.
    Huh. Neat.
2
Sign In to Comment.