Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

if you guys wouldnt mind helping me out.

2»

Comments

  • AtalkezAtalkez Member Posts: 3,517 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Not that long. Every system has them built in now for class timer stuff.


    You hug Aurora compassionately.
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 3,724 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Driden said:
    @Driden : My $0.02 - If you can't feel the keys and often double tap, you're likely to mistype any sort of alias, which results in you scrambling for the backspace key with your shakey hand. Plus aliases require you to press enter too.

    Simple keybinds that queue pre-set envenom <x, y> + doublestab means you only have to perform one action versus multiple to accomplish the same thing. You don't get to switch the order of the venoms (like cur/kal kal/cur) though I doubt anyone that fights on a high level has the capacity to react accordingly anyways.
    Don't forget sometimes I don't even press the key when I think I did. Everyone fears automation but atleast as a serpent unless all you do is stack kelp and ginseng for locks you can't use it. My aliases aren't even remotely usable. Macros feel limited and I don't know man. Everyone has great ideas and I'm trying each one as best I can. I don't want to change to any other class. 
    AK doesn't have one button you can press to kill people (thank god), but the support is there to write your own functions or keybindings. Something like this: 

    if affstrack.paralysis < 100 then venom = "curare" elseif next sequence here 

    That does your first stab then you can do:

    if not venom = "xentio" and affstrack.clumsiness < 50 then venom2 = "xentio"

    Syntax is probably wrong there but you can copy it from already made AK keys. 

  • DridenDriden Member Posts: 243 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Austere said:
    What about gui buttons?  Three clicks. Two venoms and a send.  Can have selected venoms toggle a different color so you know it's set. 
    That's genius really and would solve a lot. But the only gui person I know is zulah. So assuming he likes me enough I could donate to his efforts. 
  • DridenDriden Member Posts: 243 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    edited November 2016
    Atalkez said:
    Not that long. Every system has them built in now for class timer stuff.
    My go to guy while good isn't good enough for this it seems. I'm not into wasting another seventy bucks and 9 twelve hour days to try again. But if you know someone who would take the job and could get it done then yeah I guess that's another route I could take. Rather try the gui button idea and leave any automation stuff as a last resort. When I kill someone I want people to say good job not good code. 
  • DridenDriden Member Posts: 243 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Cooper said:
    Driden said:
    @Driden : My $0.02 - If you can't feel the keys and often double tap, you're likely to mistype any sort of alias, which results in you scrambling for the backspace key with your shakey hand. Plus aliases require you to press enter too.

    Simple keybinds that queue pre-set envenom <x, y> + doublestab means you only have to perform one action versus multiple to accomplish the same thing. You don't get to switch the order of the venoms (like cur/kal kal/cur) though I doubt anyone that fights on a high level has the capacity to react accordingly anyways.
    Don't forget sometimes I don't even press the key when I think I did. Everyone fears automation but atleast as a serpent unless all you do is stack kelp and ginseng for locks you can't use it. My aliases aren't even remotely usable. Macros feel limited and I don't know man. Everyone has great ideas and I'm trying each one as best I can. I don't want to change to any other class. 
    AK doesn't have one button you can press to kill people (thank god), but the support is there to write your own functions or keybindings. Something like this: 

    if affstrack.paralysis < 100 then venom = "curare" elseif next sequence here 

    That does your first stab then you can do:

    if not venom = "xentio" and affstrack.clumsiness < 50 then venom2 = "xentio"

    Syntax is probably wrong there but you can copy it from already made AK keys. 

    So the issue I was having with this is I hate using hypnosis as a serpent. I don't think it's really needed either. But if you set para to be redone every Dstab if it's not 100 you get a situation where I Dstab gecko/curare and the curare anorexia or some other pointless combo. When what I need at that point is anorexia and a mental. Then two more mental and then curare and another mental. 
  • CooperCooper Member Posts: 3,724 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    That was just an example.

    You can add things like if asthma > 50 then whatever above the curare, or get even more complicated than that with multiple if checks. if asthma and weariness and clumsiness then venom gecko/slike.

  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 2,205 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Driden said:
    Austere said:
    What about gui buttons?  Three clicks. Two venoms and a send.  Can have selected venoms toggle a different color so you know it's set. 
    That's genius really and would solve a lot. But the only gui person I know is zulah. So assuming he likes me enough I could donate to his efforts. 
    I use a 7" tablet for Achaea, with lots of on-screen buttons, can probably help you out with some of it

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

  • OmorOmor Member Posts: 756 ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    @Klendathu I'd like some info on what you do on tablet, also. Am going to be playing on solely a 7" tablet for about a month here shortly, and will accept any pointers I can get. Feel free to PM me if you don't wanna post here.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

    got gud
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 2,205 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Omor said:
    @Klendathu I'd like some info on what you do on tablet, also. Am going to be playing on solely a 7" tablet for about a month here shortly, and will accept any pointers I can get. Feel free to PM me if you don't wanna post here.
    Bluetooth keyboard ;)

    I don't exclusively use on-screen buttons, but have on-screen buttons for putting up certain defences, moving around, harmonics, lots of stuff like that. I was more offering to help with the coding up of things than handing over my (badly formatted and organically grown) GUI

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

  • DridenDriden Member Posts: 243 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Klendathu said:
    Omor said:
    @Klendathu I'd like some info on what you do on tablet, also. Am going to be playing on solely a 7" tablet for about a month here shortly, and will accept any pointers I can get. Feel free to PM me if you don't wanna post here.
    Bluetooth keyboard ;)

    I don't exclusively use on-screen buttons, but have on-screen buttons for putting up certain defences, moving around, harmonics, lots of stuff like that. I was more offering to help with the coding up of things than handing over my (badly formatted and organically grown) GUI
    Yeah definitely an idea to explore. Does anyone know if you can fight well using such a thing. 
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormMember Posts: 2,205 @@ - Legendary Achaean
    If your issue is around double-tapping / not tapping buttons, i would say it would definitely help: Set venoms to buttons, the buttons change colour when hit. If only one is hit, the second button is added. If a third is pressed, it replaces the first, round robin style. Then a button to commit the attack to the attack alias. Then when the attack goes through, the venom buttons change back to their default colour.

    Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."

  • DridenDriden Member Posts: 243 ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Klendathu said:
    If your issue is around double-tapping / not tapping buttons, i would say it would definitely help: Set venoms to buttons, the buttons change colour when hit. If only one is hit, the second button is added. If a third is pressed, it replaces the first, round robin style. Then a button to commit the attack to the attack alias. Then when the attack goes through, the venom buttons change back to their default colour.
    Okay cool I will hit you up in a bit to discuss it further. Thanks a lot
  • XoatlXoatl Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2016
    Hey, not to necro a thread but in terms of helping shakey hands/fingers, Windows has some built in stuff (not sure about Macs) that can help:

    1) Filter Keys: In windows 10 you can just type filter keys in the search bar and it should find it, otherwise it's a simple thing to google for other versions. It lets you adjust the time the keyboard waits to respond before the next key stroke, so instead of immediate you can give a delay before it'll register the next key.
    2) You mentioned you had a mechanical keyboard, depending on your switch they have a decent amount of distance that must be reset to before they're registering a second tap, so the double input might be due to the key being held down too long rather than double tapped. In the Windows keyboard setting you can adjust the repeat time to long instead of short, this means that it'll take longer when holding down a key for it to start spamming a letter, or you can cap/disable the number of times it repeats from held keys.

    Not exactly combat advice but I wanted to chime in since it might hopefully be useful for your overall quality of use for PCs.
  • GalvanGalvan Member Posts: 3
    Once again this falls into the "I don't know if this would be viable for you category" but it sounds like something like a Razer Orbweaver or Tartarus would be great for something like this. They can be a bit pricey, but it has a nice place for you to rest your palm which may help you with tremors a bit and still allow you access with your other hand to use your numpad for movement. Would take just a bit of getting used to but for other games I found I was able to adjust to them with a few hours of using one. I also recommend using something along the lines of cecho() to display whatever stab you're queuing so you can recognize an accidental combo before firing it and reset the combo with another button. I will say though you can find similar products made by other brands that are much more affordable and serve a similar function.
2»
Sign In to Comment.