Mapped Wilderness

AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
Anyone have the wilderness mapped?

I have a script set up for it, but before I put in the 4-5 hours it'll take to get Sapience/meropis done, hoping that someone has it all mapped (on the mudlet mapper, that is).
Huh. Neat.

Comments

• edited November 2016
    I don't think the mapper handles wilderness mapping, for reasons I would wager relates to gmcp. I remember trying with just the small part between Northreach and Wegava and I'm pretty sure my Mudlet just went "fuck this" and noped out of it. Qwindor likely would've done it by now, if it was easy and manageable enough.

I'd also wager that your map file would get monstrously huge, if you even did manage to do it.
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    I think Qwindor was working on adding it to the mapper at one point, but had to stop due to some of the above mentioned limitations. Whether he still has it or no, I dunno.
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Progress.

About 1/20th of the accessible wilderness mapped. And yeah, I figure at the current rate the mapfile will get up to about 165 megs, though that estimate seems pretty high. Also seems like a lot of extra data stored per room that just doesn't need to be there. Have yet to see what impact this will have on load times and general mapper usefulness, though I broke 600 megs on my mapfile in the past and it wasn't anything noticeable on either account. Granted, most of that was userdata, so I dunno. Wonder how manageable it'd be to store the wilderness rooms separately and pull the routes as necessary (though I doubt this particular method would be very viable, given how goddamn slow the mapper gets when creating new rooms).
    Huh. Neat.
  • To bad you can't just port Czanthria's overland/sea map into it.
    @Tahquil if only.
    Huh. Neat.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    I have a script which I can use in the wilderness to walk a predetermined route, but it's not a map, just a table of directions. I mainly use it for island-hopping with transoceanic orbs, for which it's pretty damned good.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    Just want to throw it out there for the naysayers that it's entirely possible to map the wilderness, even from a ship. You just have to make some additions to the mapper.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • What I remember from back when it was first attempted, that it made path calculating very very very slow, which is why it was abandoned.
  • I am trying to figure out a way to PT -target- as I switch for when I am leading Hunting parties. I downloaded the add-on, but it made my basic Keneaunung stop working and I had to uninstall and reinstall anything.

I know this should not be so difficult, but I cannot figure out where to find, and then share, the current target.

Any help would be appreciated.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

@Prythekeneanung.bashing.targetList[1].id should hold your current target for the basher.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Ahmet said:
    @Prythekeneanung.bashing.targetList[1].id should hold your current target for the basher.
    Thanks, Ahmet - but how (sorry) do I generate that to PT? I don't even mind doing it manually via an alias, in fact, I would almost prefer to do so. But something that sends it to PT which is either automated or I can invoke.

would 

alias ^targ$
    echo( windowName, " keneanung.bashing.targetList[1].id")

Or?

[on target change send target to -PT-]

(Or GT)

Darn. I am looking at the help files and I don't see a way to call/echo a function.

Yes, it is clear I am not an experienced programmer. But I know enough to know there is a way to do it, and frustrated I cannot figure it out myself.

• Ahmet said:
    @Prythe - In your targetting alias, you'll do it like this:

send("pt Now targetting: " .. keneanung.bashing.targetList[1].id)

• Bann said:
    Ahmet said:

Awesome, thank you! I love learning new stuff like that because then I use that to figure out how to do other things. :) 

• Prythe said:
    Bann said:
    Ahmet said:

Awesome, thank you! I love learning new stuff like that because then I use that to figure out how to do other things. :) 
    Very welcome.

• Technically you should use something like keneanung.bashing.targetList[keneanung.bashing.attacking].id and a guard if keneanung.bashing.attacking > 0 then around that.
  • Keneanung said:
    Technically you should use something like keneanung.bashing.targetList[keneanung.bashing.attacking].id and a guard if keneanung.bashing.attacking > 0 then around that.
    Now my eyes are crossing. Oy!