Creating/Finding Clothing Help + Troll Help

edited November 2016 in North of Thera
So, I was trying to figure out what I wanted Jermaine's concept to be, and I settled (easily) on a 'tribal warrior' sort of look. The only problem I'm having currently is what he could wear to convey this concept past his description, general attitude/actions, and voice (which I'm still trying to get down, thinking 'thick, guttural Trollish' accent if it'll fit). 

So I spent ~30 minutes searching the internet for ideas, and I found an image I think would look cool in-game (with variations), but I just don't know the steps or how to find what I need so I could throw it all together and make the perfect outfit for him. (Bad enough he has to wear fullplate armour, sheesh.)

As for the 'Troll Help' bit, I've got a few questions. The game art for the Troll Blademaster has him with long lower teeth/tusks. Is that common for Trolls to have, long lower canines/tusks? Because I'm trying to have Jermaine be all 'pureblood Troll, ra-ra-ra', and that sort of thing would help through his appearance, too.

And my description, for whatever reason.

He is a powerful troll, an image of towering strength and pureblood heritage. He stands higher than eight feet, displaying the classic broad shoulders, incredibly trained abdomen, and slimmed waist that all coalesce to emphasize the athletic vigour coursing through his slender yet well-muscled form. Jermaine's diamond-shaped face delivers the concept of a tribal warrior, consisting of firm lips, a thick and slightly broad nose, as well as a strong, sharp jawline and an equally built chin. His ears are a few inches long and taper sharply to a pointed tip. His long hair only furthers this notion, thick raven braids pulled back into a messy ponytail, solid bone braid-cuffs serving as mere decoration. Eyes the color of melted amber watch with a disinterested fierceness, flicking to and fro almost constantly under a perpetually furrowed brow.

Thanks for any and all help/suggestions/comments. :smile:

Edit: Reason I didn't try and bring this up around game was because I couldn't find a way to say it all without making it blatantly OOC, which I want to try and keep to a minimum.

Comments

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    For clothes that already exist, you can NDS MATCH APPEARANCE <blah>, e.g. NDS MATCH APPEARANCE TRIBAL.

If you want to make new clothes just for your look, you'll need to find a tailor and submit some new designs, which will probably run you a few thousand gold per design, minimum. On the upside you'll have the designs forever and be able to replace those clothes as they decay, while others cannot use and create those clothes. Take a look at HELP CRAFTING GUIDLINES ig if you want to work on your own design, or you can find someone and hire them to do it for you.

As far as Troll teeth go, your best bet is probably to visit some troll settlements (Qurnok/Riagath maybe?) and take a look around at the denizens in the area. I've seen a few adventurers with it in their description, but not many, and adventurer choices aren't the best gauge of what's 'canon' for certain races.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Didn't know you could design your own clothes, I thought all the clothing was made by the game admin. :astonished: I'm not all that good with descriptions, TBH, but I'm sure I can see about hammering one out and then having someone check/make suggestions and such. Thanks, Ahmet. :smiley:

Any time!

I'm also a tailor in-game. If you end up needing someone to submit or look over designs, I'd be happy to help!
    Huh. Neat.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    The Qurnok are a good example of tribal Trolls. Consider swinging by there sometime and taking a look around, examining the warriors and guards. Mind the anaconda though.

You might could even take inspiration from the Azatlan, which seem to be inspired by Polynesian culture.

• Eh.

RP is cheap. If you mess up your RP you're probably okay, unless you mess it up really bad and you have a factional class. It's okay to experiment with it.

Artifacts and classes are not cheap and fucking them up is terrible and lots of the things aren't really apparent on first glance, so it's good to ask about them before jumping in.
    Nazihk said:
    RP is cheap. If you mess up your RP you're probably okay, unless you mess it up really bad and you have a factional class. It's okay to experiment with it.
    Paging @Jurixe because this just isn't true.
    Huh. Neat.
  • Eh.

I feel like you've really got to work at it to really trash your rep. Unless you are utterly lacking in social graces, it is unlikely that you are going to pull that off by accident. Sure, you can commit treason or become a permanent enemy of somewhere or do something really goddamn terrible and become a social pariah. I've seen it happen, we all have.

But it ain't the kind of thing that you do accidentally unless you have absolutely no sense of what is and is not appropriate. Whatever mistakes you make, they'll almost certainly be recoverable.
  • edited November 2016
    You can get away with almost anything in these games - if you know how to play it.  Literally almost anything.  And no less than the IRE VP has described the games as being "Survivor" like.  And I have never watched Survivor, but he doesn't mean the first few seasons, "interesting ethical dilemma" Survivor, where the game is difficult because the players are approaching the situation with all of their morals intact.  It's Survivor where the game has been around for a long time (and these games are far older than Survivor of course), and all of that has been chucked out the window and everyone is simply trying to out-sociopath one another.  You don't necessarily have to play that game actively, but if you move and shake at all (politics, pvp), you will at least brush against it.
  • Thank you for using the accent/voice system instead of typing in broken English.

Totes would have kicked you out of Mhaldor.

Seriously. 

• Cooper said:
    Thank you for using the accent/voice system instead of typing in broken English.

Totes would have kicked you out of Mhaldor.

Seriously. 

I'm not good at typing the broken English thing, and I don't like it anyway so you're welcome lol.
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    RP can be as valuable or as cheap as you make it. People drop involvement in factions and storylines at the drop of a hat when they want to experience something different. Especially true for those who don't really care about RP to begin with, but enjoy PvP.

Either way, you make your experience. What you do in the past won't always hinder you in the future, whether it's remembered or not.