Achaean Raves

Comments

• I think that'd piss off @Antonius more than anyone else.
  • Super rave out for @Deucalion / @Daeir for working on getting the new tower for the Luminai designed.

Raves to @Mathilda / @Farrah / @Talamond / @Seelie for being genuinely awesome people and pretty much jumping straight into the god damn fire to try and fix something.

We still dunno if it'll actually work, but it seems to be useful so far so.. yay?
  • Dalran falls in a blaze of silver to Legionnaire Ankhareoutef, the Undying's sword, Eternal Storms.

Yay!  My first brokenstar!
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Cooper said:
    I broke into the top 20 explorers today!!! Wheeeeee.
    Its all downhill from here <3
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Hataru

I have no clue what the heck happened, but it was funny as hell. 
  • HataruHataru Midwest USA
    Wicella said:
    @Hataru

I have no clue what the heck happened, but it was funny as hell. 
    Its gonna take me awhile to decompress that one hahahah
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Melodie says, "Get rekt scrubbbbb."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): You say, "Scrubbbssss."
    (Mhaldor's Next Top Model): Trey says, "Austere was hangin' out the passenger side of his best friend's ride, apparently."
  • Atalkez said:
    This was 5 years ago, this month
    http://forums.achaea.com/discussion/comment/13191#Comment_13191

So rave to everyone for putting up with me this long :lol:
    How the hell did you get so many twists.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    Armali said:
    Atalkez said:

He's Chubby Checker, clearly.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • Armali said:
    Atalkez said:

He didn't writhe.
  • Huuuuge Rave to the people that process tailoring designs. I had 25 awaiting approval and they all got approved today! Plenty of time before  Mayaween too!
  • Descending in a graceful arc, a woodland kestrel pecks at its binding and drops a letter into your hands before winging away in a flurry of dun-hued colour.
    Agreed. This is a wonderful thing to see over and over, especially when you're standing in the Tailors Union HQ with a bunch of people and the birds keep coming.

Mayaween came early!

Reaching down with a massive hand, Sartan lifts your head and draws a taloned finger across your throat, the wound closing as He does so.

• That looks awesome.  Was jurixe emoting it?
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • No, it was emote duelling based on the concept of rock paper scissors that Jurixe arbitrated.

I had a lot of fun in spite of the fact that my typing skills leave any sort of emote / roleplay scenario a bit of a frustration.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• Ooh wow that's really awesome!
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • edited October 2017
    Jurixe said:
    @Xaden, you don't give yourself enough credit. You did great. I was actually very impressed.

I'm glad everyone who has been introduced to the concept so far is having fun. It's very exciting for me to see people enjoying it. RP duelling is not a new thing in and of itself, but I think this is the first time there's been a set of rules for people to use instead of arbitrarily deciding who wins.

For me, it's just a nice way for us to indulge in our shared love for roleplaying characters in a story instead of worrying about the technical side of things, which 'real' duels often boil down to - concentrating on the technicalities instead of the story. It makes it so that people who can't code can still 'fight' and get a fun experience out of it, but it won't and isn't meant to be taken as equal to a 'real' duel - just a fun RP option.

For those of you who haven't heard of it ICly yet, don't worry. The time will come once the plans are ready. 

If I remember correctly, yahoo chat used to have RP communities that used txt duels to fight. They were called shit like T1 and T2... one was really fast paced and the other was more paragraph form.

founds me a links

https://theunofficialofficialrulesofroleplay.weebly.com/terminology-t1-t2-t3.html
  • Looks fun. What are the rules?
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    Man I used to do those on the GameFAQs RP forums :x like years ago. Fun times.