Achaean Raves

Comments

• Mhaldor definitely got unlucky in that event, and Cyrene definitely got lucky enough to have our fighters together (especially since it wasn't planned), but sending through four of Mhaldor's solid fighters before the staff competitor went through definitely wasn't a great way to work with the odds.
  • You guys have continued to ignore that we had two people we were trying to support. Taryius was right there with Crixos.

I don't really understand the animosity against Mhaldor right now either, but feel free to continue! 

• I think the reason they think you guys left Crixos high-and-dry was because you all didn't "coordinate" to all go in at the same time/roughly the same time.

Farrah literally DM'd my ass on Discord going "BRUH.  WANNA COME HUNT WITH US!? :) "  and I went "wuh? shore."

If Proficy/Cooper had went in after/during the same time as Crixos (because I know Proficy is around at those hours.  Order logs say so), then Proficy could have tried to place lower, etc.
  • Cooper said:
    You guys have continued to ignore that we had two people we were trying to support. Taryius was right there with Crixos.

I don't really understand the animosity against Mhaldor right now either, but feel free to continue! 
    I dunno that anyone's ignoring that, just saying splitting up your groups isn't the best strategy, especially with the luck inherent to the event.

And at least personally, I certainly have no animosity towards Mhaldor, and it hasn't read to me that anyone else does either-I just commented on the course of the event. I'm pretty happy that Mhaldor retaliated for what happened, even, since IC actions are rather boring without repercussion, and though I'm disappointed in my rather lacking leadership during that raid, I think that getting Blu made the whole thing pretty memorable. So a rave for neat stories coming out of this.

I think if there's one thing I'm actually sad about from all this, it's that no one bothered calling me out to duel. I'm not sure what it takes to get called out to get kicked around at NONT, but apparently I need to up my game.
  • Frederich said:
    I think the reason they think you guys left Crixos high-and-dry was because you all didn't "coordinate" to all go in at the same time/roughly the same time.

Farrah literally DM'd my ass on Discord going "BRUH.  WANNA COME HUNT WITH US!? :) "  and I went "wuh? shore."

If Proficy/Cooper had went in after/during the same time as Crixos (because I know Proficy is around at those hours.  Order logs say so), then Proficy could have tried to place lower, etc.
    You never KNOW when i am on... i dont even KNOW when i am able to be on... 
    But... damn... i forgot... your frederich... you know all....

And no one got left high and dry. Its a bashing event, crixos knows how to bash... cant plan or do anything about the rng of which maze you got put into.... and say what you want, but i want to honestly hear you say if taryius was in like 3rd and tesha was in 10th, and you knew you could bump taryius to 4th or 5th but it would knock tesha out of top 10, you wouldnt do it

Point being... no way i thought tesha would be able to beat us out of the top 2. Didnt think the coordinated effort would help out that much and she barely barely won under the circumstances. I think we did amazing.
  • Individually amazing sure.

Team-wise, you failed miserably, since your front-runner for Staff now has nearly no chance to actually win. You can't do anything about the RNG, but from all accounts, you didn't even really try. Not that I'm faulting you, necessarily, just a different outlook. Targossas entire "top tier" made decisions specifically to benefit our Staff contestant.

Staff won't be coming back to Mhaldor, and the XP event is a major reason for that.

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • I'm trying okay :(

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • Frederich said:
    Targossas, on the other hand, got stupidly lucky.

Nazihk, Farrah, Solnir, Xaden, Tesha, Braver, Micaelis, Ashu, and a few others went in.

Literally none of us ended up in Crixos' maze.

Nazihk, Farrah, Solnir, and I ended up in what we'll call Maze 1

Tesha ended up alone, then Xaden & Braver ended up in Maze 2

Ashu, Micaelis, and p. much everyone else ended up in Maze 3.

We were a bit bummed, but we ended up takin a lot of ranked spots.
    How is that lucky? We wanted people in Tesha and Crixos's mazes and the vast majority ended up in neither. We got two people with Tesha eventually, but that's expectation when you send twelve in. 
  • It was super lucky for us that Cyrene decided they wanted to bury Crixos, and it was super lucky for us that Tesha's maze didn't get flooded with enemies.
  • In relation to Proficy's point about not being able to plan anything around RNG. I disagree wholeheartedly. We knew what time our competitor was going in at and we planned to have as many people around as possible to send in as many people as possible. 

The answer was quite simple: Stack the deck.
         He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited August 2017
    Nazihk said:
    It was super lucky for us that Cyrene decided they wanted to bury Crixos, and it was super lucky for us that Tesha's maze didn't get flooded with enemies.

True enough. Though we only needed the Cyrenians because we were unlucky in not getting a single Targossian in there!
  • I think I speak for us all when we say "Who gives a shit?"  You know, aside from Targ, and they don't matter.

• Does your city even still exist?
  • Proficy said:
    Micaelis said:
    Cooper said:
    Farrah said:
    Pssh. It was Saturday morning, and Mhaldor has raided and crusaded at early morning times before. You can't convince me that no one could have made it if you all decided in advance "we are going to be here at this time to do xpevent." You only had like four people try to join. Meanwhile, I got up at 5 am for Tesha...

There were people on QW Mhaldor too who didn't join, and people like Cooper and Aegoth who were on discord, if not also logged in (I was in the maze so no idea). Cooper decided to just hunt by himself though and Aegoth didn't participate at all. Maybe a few of you tried, but Mhaldor as a whole didn't really.
    You're acting like we only had 1 person in contention for the staff.

Proficy, Leviticus, and myself went in at the same time as a group hoping to get with Taryius to help him. We just got split into separate mazes.

We had 5 people total go in with Crixos as well, but they all got separated. To get enough people to protect him (as he had 4 people attacking him), we would have needed 20 people to go in at the same time to get 4 + him in the same maze on average. Cyrene just got lucky to get several people in the same maze + Dunn.

Mhaldor's response wasn't just about Crixos either, Keorin spent an hour and a half spamming radiance on me too.
    So since you didn't get in the same maze as him you said "#$%$ it" and just -buried- him? If you, Proficy, and Titonus didn't even compete he'd be 3 spots higher in 5th place. 

I hope you never try to help me out. 
    So your telling me you stopped participating??.. looking at the rankings you seemed to try as well.. only thing that would of happened if me and cooper didnt place. Is you getting in the top 10.
    I did stop participating, yes. I stopped once Shirszae and crew sufficiently buried Crixos and it wasn't possible for him to pass me, since the entire reason I competed was to get higher than Crixos. I quit after about 4 hours.

Plus I was bored out of my $#%&ing mind. o.O 
  • I got put into Tesha's maze and didn't hinder her at all. I'm a bad Ashtani. 
  • I only bashed for a couple of hours, but ahead of most of the Targossas team and gathered intel for @Tesha! Even in a "solo RNG" event like the XP contest, there are ways to coordinate and work together. It's not even some huge secret strategy. :p
     <3 
  • Farrah said:
    Does your city even still exist?
    It's just there... beyond the trees.

• Caelan said:
    Farrah said:
    This one?? 
  • Ashtan so not top 3 without Dunn/Jhui. Need people who want to raid/lead during non Austere hours. 
  • edited August 2017
    You guys know Crixos wasn't even aiming for the staff and had said he'd probably miss a lot of the events, right? lol.

You're assuming there's anyone in Mhaldor who's as excited to win staff as Tesha is right now, and that's not really the case. We asked multiple times who wanted it and everyone was like 'eh.' Trying to paint this as Mhaldor hating its own team is weird af.

After our previous staff winner just went inactive 1 week after getting it, I suspect most people in Mhaldor don't really care if staff goes back to Mhaldor as much as they care about getting some credit rewards, either. If you combine that with no one individually wanting it, well vOv
  • @Dunn will never have the staff. NEVER!
  • I've only ever support people for the Staff and that's how I want it to be!

• Aegoth said:
    Caelan said:
    Farrah said:
    This one?? 
    Yes yes.. that's the one

• I finally have artefact pants  :)
  • Jonathin said:
    I feel like the cities are kind of like a trio of best friends (Ashtan, Mhaldor, Targossas) with Eleusis and Hashan like those tag alongs you don't really want but they can pay for themselves and sometimes make a funny quip but you can only handle so much of before they get annoying. Cyrene is the one that shows up at the wrong place at the wrong time and makes terrible jokes all the time.

In regards to combat.. This is accurate so long as Ashtan has Jhui/Dunn. With how long Jhui's been gone now (I think his xp rank is 0 now?), there's been no fun to be had around Ashtan. Dunn puts up a fight every now and then, but I can't blame him for not wanting to fight any time another city does.. since he's the only leader right now that I ever see. Ashtan had a really good group of up-and-comers, but I dunno where they all fled off to.