Welcome to the Achaea Forums! Please be sure to read the Forum Rules.

Achaean Raves

Comments

• JadysJadys Posts: 189Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Caelan said:
    but 2 practices a week
    That's it? Only two? Lucky! Try 5 nights a week and every saturday morning! Also, Christmas break is considered "hell week". 6 am practice every day of break.
    UtianimaShimi
  • JadysJadys Posts: 189Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    Haha. Ya. Going to have to give you that one. One enough for me!
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 2,572Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Xaden said:
    Klendathu said:
    All you people with just one or two kids. Easy street. I have 5.
    No televisions in Wales?
    S4C :(

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    OgnogXaden
  • CaelanCaelan Posts: 736Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Jadys said:
    Caelan said:
    but 2 practices a week
    That's it? Only two? Lucky! Try 5 nights a week and every saturday morning! Also, Christmas break is considered "hell week". 6 am practice every day of break.
    You missed the part with high school soccer, which is every day.  So every day for high school, then 2 of those nights I'm running to his other practice (with weekend games), then Friday nights he has drum lessons..  and then band practice... :D  

Klendathu said:
    All you people with just one or two kids. Easy street. I have 5.
    I have 3.  One in college, one's a junior in high school, my youngest is a freshman

DochithaSzanthax
  • RangorRangor Posts: 2,886Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited May 12
    When I had football practice, I would pick up my shoes, say bye bye to my parents and run 300 m to the football field. You guys have it rough.
    Utianima
    Uphill both ways?   And I said soccer, not football :D :D :D

• MinifieMinifie Posts: 1,044Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Is soccer the one where the have a fashion catwalk leading to and from the stadiums?
    Hataru has been slain by the might of Wheezie Goosie.
  • RyzethRyzeth Posts: 1,105Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Xaden said:
    Rango is European, there's no such thing as soccer. It's football. Not your American hand-egg shit.
    I'm pretty sure that was the entire point of the  =) =) =) at the end of his post.

Damn Americans stealing shit and just renaming it... At least when they stole rugby, they changed it slightly by adding padding to protect their sissy asses.
    Utianima
  • CooperCooper IowaPosts: 4,098Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Xaden said:
    Rango is European, there's no such thing as soccer. It's football. Not your American hand-egg shit.
    The term soccer was invented in Europe.

AodfionnYsela
    Ryzeth said:
    Xaden said:
    I'm pretty sure that was the entire point of the  =) =) =) at the end of his post.

Damn Americans stealing shit and just renaming it... At least when they stole rugby, they changed it slightly by adding padding to protect their sissy asses.
    You mean like how rugby stole its name from association football?  heheh.  

And @Cooper is right.  Well played!

• KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the StormPosts: 2,572Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Cooper said:
    Xaden said:
    The term soccer was invented in Europe.
    Just one of the many reasons for Brexit. :trollface:

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
    MorthifXaden
    edited May 12
    Caelan said:
    Ryzeth said:
    Xaden said:

You mean like how rugby stole its name from association football?  heheh.  
    Wat. Two entirely different games, friend. 
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WAPosts: 1,201Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    edited May 13
    Ryzeth said:
    Xaden said:

If Rugby players hit one another anywhere near as hard as NFL players, they'd likely be dead or permanently maimed before the end of their first contract. That's why the President of the United States had to sit down with the football powers and demand things like pads and helmets. 

Bitch please. 

Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?" 

(The Targossian Academy): Halos says, "Go on! I need to feel the wind in my hair!"

Caelan
    edited May 13
    Aodfionn said:
    If Rugby players hit one another anywhere near as hard as NFL players, they'd likely be dead or permanently maimed before the end of their first contract.

If you've seen some of the injuries that have occurred in rugby you wouldn't have had to make this post.
    Here's a list to name a few. And they're not even close to being the worst ones.

Please.

eta: Here's some more. (graphic warning for this one, click at your own risk) - look at the last one, lol.
    eta2: You can easily find more, worse ones, with a quick 10 second google.
    eta3: Decided to rejog my memory a little bit. People HAVE died playing, and not in pleasant ways.
  • KafzielKafziel Posts: 658Member ✭✭✭✭✭ - Grand Achaean
    Are we really arguing over which people sports the hardest. Sportsing is for nerds, anyway
    ShimiSzanthax
  • AodfionnAodfionn Seattle, WAPosts: 1,201Member @@ - Legendary Achaean
    sportsing is for people who play D&D and fire magic missiles
    Aurora says, "Are you drunk, Aodfionn?" 

(The Targossian Academy): Halos says, "Go on! I need to feel the wind in my hair!"

• MinifieMinifie Posts: 1,044Member @ - Epic Achaean
    Any proper contact sport can leave you pretty messed up, as long as it's a full contact sport. Besides, trying to call out your toughness based on sports played by others is already weak, I only played for little local stuff for Aussie football and I ended up with numerous concussions, shattered hand, elbow, tailbone, not including boatloads of punctured skin, teeth through my lips, bleeding and all the good stuff.

It hurts, but it was an awesome part of my life.
    Hataru has been slain by the might of Wheezie Goosie.
    Utianima
  • ReysonReyson Posts: 276Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    @Dochitha, @Keorin, @Klaw, @Torinn, thanks lots for being around to help with House required fights. Was a fun afternoon!
    TorinnDochithaUtianima
  • DaeirDaeir AustraliaPosts: 6,259Member, Secret Squirrel @@ - Legendary Achaean
    Minifie said:
    Any proper contact sport can leave you pretty messed up, as long as it's a full contact sport. Besides, trying to call out your toughness based on sports played by others is already weak, I only played for little local stuff for Aussie football and I ended up with numerous concussions, shattered hand, elbow, tailbone, not including boatloads of punctured skin, teeth through my lips, bleeding and all the good stuff.

It hurts, but it was an awesome part of my life.
    Yeah but local rugby is no laughing matter, you know that. People take that shit seriously over here, even in local games.
  • LaedhaLaedha Posts: 54Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    Thanks to whichever nameless Celani created the denizen interaction last night with the little boy who wanted to become a monk and get to Judgement Mountain! It was a lot of fun. @Shalana, @Autune, @Elstan
    ShaydeSiduriUtianimaOgnog
  • ZbacoZbaco Posts: 81Member ✭✭✭ - Distinguished
    This is a bit late, but massive raves to all those who helped me get Elder Dragon over the past month or two. @Kaiu @Dochitha @Prythe @Skye just to name a few. And everyone else who put up with my constant silly ads on Market and didn't kill me, thank you for your tolerance :-)
    UtianimaSiduriSkyePrythe
  • TorinnTorinn Posts: 534Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    edited May 21
    Super fun fights with mhaldor today. Thank you guys and gals, that was enjoyable   :)
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
    AnkhareoutefUtianimaTalamond
  • AnkhareoutefAnkhareoutef Posts: 305Member ✭✭✭✭ - Eminent
    What the actual fuck, folks. Best Sunday.
    Utianima
  • CailinCailin Posts: 62Member ✭✭ - Stalwart
    I've always enjoyed her perfume! now I regret that I never thought to ask her about it myself. :)
Sign In to Comment.