Achaean Raves

Comments

• Titonus said:
    Some of you might think this is a dick move, and in some regards, it probably was, but, as someone who has wanted to kill Blu for a long time, this was pretty fucking cool.
    I feel like they had it coming after that xpevent.
  • Xaden said:
    Thank god
    I'm taking you with me :angry:
  • This is what you get for having only 3-4 constables in range at any given time.  Also for having it be outdoors.

Don't put your Eidolon outdoors folks

• AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    Frederich said:
    This is what you get for having only 3-4 constables in range at any given time.  Also for having it be outdoors.

Don't put your Eidolon outdoors folks

but Targ's is outdoors.  But only a idiot would take on the silver surfer.
  • Idk, he frequently emotes the daydream one. He's never paying attention.
  • AchillesAchilles Los Angeles
    edited August 2017
    Solnir said:
    Idk, he frequently emotes the daydream one. He's never paying attention.
    he learned to afk from the best
  • edited August 2017
    Titonus said:
    As far as raves go, I think this is my first post. However, Mhaldor did something today, that we haven't done for a very long time. At least during my times of activity.

A puddle of melting ice gathers around the warming remains of Blu, the Guardian Dragon of Cyrene.
    He weighs about 1450 pounds.
    He is loyal to The City of Cyrene.
    You see nothing in it.

Some of you might think this is a dick move, and in some regards, it probably was, but, as someone who has wanted to kill Blu for a long time, this was pretty fucking cool.
    After only 90 guards slain, you got there in the end :p
  • Sayenna said:
    Titonus said:
    I feel like they had it coming after that xpevent.
    I wasn't really around during the event (darn those real life commitments).

My understanding is that some members of Cyrene were trying to help our leading point Citizen gain points in the XPEvent. Wasn't that ability built into the conditions of contest? 

What did I miss that was so egregious? 

I enjoyed fighting and dying and dying and dying and dying in the aftermath even though it delayed me from getting my next level (darn it, still don't have it).

And frankly the going to Brass Lantern to where the Citizenry had evacuated and getting one lass killing spree in, was good RP even if it felt a tad overkill.

But please explain, if you don't mind.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• I don't think anyone did anything "wrong." It's just that they deliberately took action against Mhaldor, so Mhaldor retaliated.

Specifically, Cyrenians went all-out aggressive against Crixos during xpevent to keep him from placing, and he was/is Mhaldor's biggest contender for Staff.

It was Mhaldor's fault, mind you, for not bothering to plan in advance for Crixos's protection. But he also may have been fine if Cyrene didn't touch him, since no Targossians ended up in his maze. Hence, them blaming Cyrene.
  • Prythe said:
    Wasn't that ability built into the conditions of contest?
    It doesn't mean they can't retaliate after the fact, for the things they did during it. It should've been expected that Mhaldor would do so, really. Especially after just how much Cyrene was fucking with Mhaldorians during it, namely Crixos and Cooper.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    @Karren @Xaden @Nuala @Antonius @Achilles @Solnir
    Thanks for not going balls to the wall today. I had a lot of fun, even if I died a few times.
    Sorry about the guards, too. We had 4 people (I count as negative however many Achilles' Math (tm) I'm off by) and we we were all mostly just doing our own things.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • I kinda feel bad about doing it, but. We literally tried every city but Cyrene before that, and no one would play. 
  • Jonathin said:
    @Karren @Xaden @Nuala @Antonius @Achilles @Solnir
    Thanks for not going balls to the wall today. I had a lot of fun, even if I died a few times.
    Sorry about the guards, too. We had 4 people (I count as negative however many Achilles' Math (tm) I'm off by) and we we were all mostly just doing our own things.
    You forgot to mention me :(. I'm angry now, going balls to the walls. 
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited August 2017
    I didn't forget you, I just don't like you.

Jk. @Micaelis. I did forget and isosry

And @Solnir: I know. I was stalking the whole group because lolveils.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Farrah said:
    I don't think anyone did anything "wrong." It's just that they deliberately took action against Mhaldor, so Mhaldor retaliated.

Specifically, Cyrenians went all-out aggressive against Crixos during xpevent to keep him from placing, and he was/is Mhaldor's biggest contender for Staff.

It was Mhaldor's fault, mind you, for not bothering to plan in advance for Crixos's protection. But he also may have been fine if Cyrene didn't touch him, since no Targossians ended up in his maze. Hence, them blaming Cyrene.
    We tried to protect him but literally all of us ended in different mazes, and Crixos has weird af times so it's not like we could send 15 people in.
  • Pssh. It was Saturday morning, and Mhaldor has raided and crusaded at early morning times before. You can't convince me that no one could have made it if you all decided in advance "we are going to be here at this time to do xpevent." You only had like four people try to join. Meanwhile, I got up at 5 am for Tesha...

There were people on QW Mhaldor too who didn't join, and people like Cooper and Aegoth who were on discord, if not also logged in (I was in the maze so no idea). Cooper decided to just hunt by himself though and Aegoth didn't participate at all. Maybe a few of you tried, but Mhaldor as a whole didn't really.
  • Farrah said:
    Pssh. It was Saturday morning, and Mhaldor has raided and crusaded at early morning times before. You can't convince me that no one could have made it if you all decided in advance "we are going to be here at this time to do xpevent." You only had like four people try to join. Meanwhile, I got up at 5 am for Tesha...

There were people on QW Mhaldor too who didn't join, and people like Cooper and Aegoth who were on discord, if not also logged in (I was in the maze so no idea). Cooper decided to just hunt by himself though and Aegoth didn't participate at all. Maybe a few of you tried, but Mhaldor as a whole didn't really.
    You're acting like we only had 1 person in contention for the staff.

Proficy, Leviticus, and myself went in at the same time as a group hoping to get with Taryius to help him. We just got split into separate mazes.

We had 5 people total go in with Crixos as well, but they all got separated. To get enough people to protect him (as he had 4 people attacking him), we would have needed 20 people to go in at the same time to get 4 + him in the same maze on average. Cyrene just got lucky to get several people in the same maze + Dunn.

Mhaldor's response wasn't just about Crixos either, Keorin spent an hour and a half spamming radiance on me too.

• Got home from a relatively busy day to login and read this:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #4806                                     (08/28/2017 at 13:57) 
    From   : Makarios, the Meticulous
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: Ships and Shields
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    We've just made a quick change to how the shield spell interacts with firing ship weapons. Now
    rather than dropping only on beginning to aim the weapon, the shield will also drop on the periodic
    aiming ticks of the weapon. This is to avoid the ability to keep up your shields while firing your
    weapons.

Penned by My hand on the 7th of Phaestian, in the year 750 AF.

Fuck. Yes. Thanks for addressing this @Makarios @Nicola! <3

• AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Sounds like sore losing to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Huh. Neat.
  • Without having borrowed arties or help in the maze Taryius shouldn't have had a chance of placing. Very few people actually tried to compete, can't really predict that. 

So yes, we competed. 

• Targossas, on the other hand, got stupidly lucky.

Nazihk, Farrah, Solnir, Xaden, Tesha, Braver, Micaelis, Ashu, and a few others went in.

Literally none of us ended up in Crixos' maze.

Nazihk, Farrah, Solnir, and I ended up in what we'll call Maze 1

Tesha ended up alone, then Xaden & Braver ended up in Maze 2

Ashu, Micaelis, and p. much everyone else ended up in Maze 3.

We were a bit bummed, but we ended up takin a lot of ranked spots.
  • Micaelis said:
    Cooper said:
    Farrah said:
    Pssh. It was Saturday morning, and Mhaldor has raided and crusaded at early morning times before. You can't convince me that no one could have made it if you all decided in advance "we are going to be here at this time to do xpevent." You only had like four people try to join. Meanwhile, I got up at 5 am for Tesha...

You're acting like we only had 1 person in contention for the staff.

Proficy, Leviticus, and myself went in at the same time as a group hoping to get with Taryius to help him. We just got split into separate mazes.

We had 5 people total go in with Crixos as well, but they all got separated. To get enough people to protect him (as he had 4 people attacking him), we would have needed 20 people to go in at the same time to get 4 + him in the same maze on average. Cyrene just got lucky to get several people in the same maze + Dunn.

Mhaldor's response wasn't just about Crixos either, Keorin spent an hour and a half spamming radiance on me too.
    So since you didn't get in the same maze as him you said "#$%$ it" and just -buried- him? If you, Proficy, and Titonus didn't even compete he'd be 3 spots higher in 5th place. 

I hope you never try to help me out. 
    So your telling me you stopped participating??.. looking at the rankings you seemed to try as well.. only thing that would of happened if me and cooper didnt place. Is you getting in the top 10.
  • We all had an agreement that no matter what, we wouldn't place higher than our competitor for staff, though. If Tesha had come in 10th, you'd see Farrah/Frederich/Micaelis/etc in 11th +.
    That's the difference. Crixos was doing poorly/unable to be helped, so you guys said fuck it, going for top. It was team coordination, regardless of what maze you ended up in.. and from what I understand, it was designed to be that way. Targossas backed Tesha 100%, no matter where she placed (it's awesome she placed first, though), and Mhaldor backed.. well, everyone fend for themselves.

inb4 "choo choo"
  • Evil, amirite?
    Deucalion says, "Torinn is quite nice."
  • y'all got some weird version of events where crixos went in before cooper/prof lol
  • Meanwhile, I'm just chilling about by myself, enjoying my 15 minutes of fame of being in the top 10 before the rest of Sapience entered the xp contest. Despite burning a lot of curatives and dying several times to denizen stacks(massive hateboner for pirates now), I had lots of fun. Thanks, Garden!

• Kiet said:
    y'all got some weird version of events where crixos went in before cooper/prof lol

No, we looked at overall championship score. Only person with a reasonable chance to beat Tesha was Crixos (sorry Krypton, can't see you winning Twins), but you guys left him high and dry. I can't speak to if that was by choice or not, but it is the case either way.

As for Cooper or Proficy, sure they did great in the xpevent, but where were they in the other point giving events?