Server Moves

TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
I'll use this thread as a central point of contact for updates on the server migration this morning.

Should there be any extensions or delays, I'll let you know here!

T

Comments

• Bah, this means I'll actually have to work during the first 2 hours of my work day :(

He is a coward who has to bring two friends as backup to jump people hunting.

• edited November 2016
    Thank you for forcing me to get some sleep... 
  • MelodieMelodie Port Saint Lucie, Florida
    Time to binge watch on Netflix!
    And I love too                                                                          Be still, my indelible friend
    That love soon might end                                                         You are unbreaking
    And be known in its aching                                                      Though quaking
    Shown in this shaking                                                             Though crazy
    Lately of my wasteland, baby                                                 That's just wasteland, baby
  • edited November 2016
    Holy $#@! it's @Tecton.

Hi buddy!
  • - insert Jeopardy music here -
  • What is the expected downtime?
  • edited November 2016
    Magenta said:
    - insert Jeopardy music here -

• TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    We've slotted in up to three hours, but should be done a lot earlier than that, barring any complications!
  • Puxi said:
    What is the expected downtime?
    3 hours is the maximum, we're hoping for much quicker than that.
  • IS the new server expected to help deal with the recent lag problems?
  • Datrius said:
    IS the new server expected to help deal with the recent lag problems?
    Given the stress test earlier this week, I'm assuming that is precisely what it is for! They must have heard our cries from the last event.
  • Melodie said:
    Time to binge watch on Netflix!
    That is precisely what I was thinking. Lost Girl and Supernatural and whatever else I can find, here I come. Lol
  • Xaden said:
    Bah, this means I'll actually have to work during the first 2 hours of my work day :(

This. This downtime completely ruins my working routing of harvesting, collecting splinters and dieing to others. They can't really expect me to do some work, do they?
  • TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
    We've been actively optimising the problematic code that was causing a lot of that lag in the last event. The new servers have better specs too, which should also alleviate the problem too!
  • The Office before bed for me. It's Friday, so I guess I have that to look forward to.
  • I could be sleeping, but I'm not...
    Miin-aan baash kimini-sij-i-gan bitooyin sij-i-gan-i bukwayszhiigan = blueberry π

• for your listening enjoyment

• @Tecton You and your team are awesome <3<3<3 Thanks for all you do. You guys are my heroes. Totally cool with no Achaea tonight while you guys do the nerdy cool magic on the code to make the lag go bye bye. Yes. These are technical terms people .   =)<3
  • Roll it out, gogogo!
  • Just listen to The King™ , Relax and let them do their thing. 

• edited November 2016

deffo worth a listen
  • Deladan said:
    Just listen to The King™ , Relax and let them do their thing. 
    But I have a problem and I want it noooooooow. :anguished:
  • Sitting in lecture hitting refresh on this thread over and over . . . sigh I should turn my phone of and pay attention 
  • I really should go to bed, I really really should, but I'm getting back my lost XP tonight come hell or high water.
  • edited November 2016
    This made me laugh. 

Since I'm not sleeping. 
  • Servers are back up just in time for my trip back home :) Thanks Tecton!
  • So we each getting like a free crate for being severed from the game, right? >>
  • Deladan said:
    Just listen to The King™ , Relax and let them do their thing. 

• woot! Thank you everyone