Server stress test

TectonTecton The Garden of the Gods
Thanks to everyone who popped on to the new server to stress test the new hardware and the new version of our Rapture engine! For those of you who participated, how did you find the experience? Server latency was super-low throughout the duration, and most people should experience the same or better pings at the new datacentre, so it should be a win-win for everyone!

Comments

• It felt super smooth.

Was fun!

Penwize has cowardly forfeited the challenge to mortal combat issued by Atalkez.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Didn't notice any problems. Latency seemed lower than usual. Was pretty great, until @Artemis came and ruined my solo domination fun :heartbreak:
    Huh. Neat.
  • Definitely felt smooth and was a lot of fun.   I feel like some people though had some avatar powers I didn't though.

An exultant laugh rips from you as you spread your arms wide, unleashing the devouring essence of the Outer Cold.  Cracks spider throughout the air, and the fabric of Creation gives a great groaning, ripping sound as the fell pit of Golgotha sunders the Prime Material. Sulphur and screams boil up from within its loathsome depths, a prelude of the impending fate of all that bear witness.

The Pit of Golgotha suddenly flares in size!

Aegoth is drawn screaming into the Pit of Golgotha.
    Tecton is drawn screaming into the Pit of Golgotha.

You sent the following message to Tecton: Seeeee ya.
    Tecton arrives from the ether.

You say, "Whaaaa."
  • I also didn't have any latency issues at all, which is quite the difference per usual! I think that the upcoming events with the avatar and skills combined will be really interesting indeed since it will really depend on creativity and strategy between both normal skills and avatar power for a combination of the two for excellent results.

• So much smoother, no issues that I noticed. Usually some of my commands seem to trip up, none of that this time! Wish I'd have gotten to kill you, but your damn divine fire stopped avatar meteors :(
  • I was stuck at work.  :/
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Sorry I missed it. I know  the more people  the  better well  get a sense of  how  things work.

• I purposely tried to stress the system by creating an infinite loop involving the look command....  after I let it run for a bit and noticed no issues with speed I turned it off. Whee 

• Deladan said:
    I purposely tried to stress the system by creating an infinite loop involving the look command....  after I let it run for a bit and noticed no issues with speed I turned it off. Whee 
    We need a group of people doing like look/free balance contemplate/squint all directions/kick someone on repeat