Tenith'oru vs Agith'tai

KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
edited November 2016 in North of Thera
For those not able to be in attendance, this is everything I logged from the unfolding events of today, which resulted in the revealing of the new class, Depthswalker. Thanks to @Prythe for filling in the bits that happened in Cyrene's lab.

http://pastebin.com/wuU7sEHW

(Was much too long to post in full.)

Edit: Pastebin provided for full thing, and was able to split into two posts below.

Comments

• KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    [ Aan'lier comes to make an attempt to take Blu, the Cyrenian Guadian]

Aan'lier's head has been chomped off by Patroklos's jack-in-the-box.

A shriek of childish panic echoes over Cyrene, the terrified tones resounding of 
    the looming mountains to create a cacophony of frenzied echoes.

[Agith'tai then makes an attempt]

A satisfied lullabye lilts over the world.

Relief fills you as the somnolent tones of the Litany directed have no effect 
    upon yourself. In spite of her thrall state, a child's whimper, an extraordinary 
    act of defiance, can be heard.

[ Roughly a hundred people die to Litany]

With Agith'tai's repellent act accomplished, the strange song ceases.

[Tenith'oru paces within the lab of Cyrene]

Tenith'oru paces impatiently back and forth.

Tenith'oru says, ".... offering protection."

Tenith'oru spits on the ground in disgust.

Tenith'oru creases his brow in a frown.

Kosuira's scream resounds again, this time as much psychic as sound as the 
    girl's helpless form is forced beyond a ruby barrier.

[ It's discovered that Kosuira has been taken away by Agith'tai, to a place beyond an impenetrable barrier.]

The violence of the mental strain shatters the child sorceress' psyche, the 
    power unleashed submitting all to partake in her torture, ensuring all bear 
    witness through her tortured eyes.

Tenith'oru barely chokes back a gasp, attempting to conceal any emotion.

Tenith'oru gives a pained sigh.

[Tenith'oru leaves Cyrene, making his way to the lower levels of Azdun]

A carnivorous lycopod has plunged the finely shredded remains of Felicia into 
    its acidic secretions. [Bye Felicia]

A scream of anguish reverberates up through the earth from the lower levels of 
    Azdun dungeon.

[Great skittering noise of spiders is heard in the lower Azdun levels as the fog is pushed back]

A scream of anguish reverberates up through the earth from the lower levels of 
    Azdun dungeon. [Second one]

Unphased by the ruddy barrier, Tenith'oru steps into the chamber, a scythe of 
    darkness manifesting in his hand between one step and the next.

The Blue Fang seems entirely unconcerned, studying the broken form of Kosuira, 
    not sparing his elder even the briefest glance.

Letting loose a snarl, Tenith'oru closes with Agith'tai, swinging his scythe two-
    handed at the Tsol'teth's unguarded head.

Agith'tai casually steps aside into a shadow, rematerialising behind Tenith'oru 
    and sending him sprawling with a savage blow from the haft of his weapon.

Grey light flares around Tenith'oru, and he is suddenly on his feet again, blade 
    coming down in a devastating overhand blow from Agith'tai's blindspot.

Contorting his body in an unnatural display of flexibility, Agith'tai allows the 
    strike to pass scant inches in front of him, the power-wrought blade striking a 
    shower of sparks from the stone floor of the chamber.

The two exchange a flurry of strikes, but Agith'tai is clearly the superior 
    warrior; his form flawless while Tenith'oru slows moment by moment.

Agith'tai is a blur of motion, scythe striking beyond the ability of any mortal 
    fighter to perceive. There seems almost to be multiple versions of him as he 
    attacks his adversary from every angle.

As Tenith'oru stumbles back under the relentless assault, Agith'tai lashes out 
    with his free hand, ebon claws of shadow raking twin furrows down the face of 
    the elderly Tsol'teth. The wounds steam, black smoke rising from the incisions.

The harsh whisper of Agith'tai provokes instinctive terror as it glides across 
    the realm, "Divine Death did die by my design. You, a nameless castoff, thought 
    yourself my better? You thought to come here and pit yourself against a true 
    scion of Agith'maal?"

Slowly, almost wonderingly, Tenith'oru lifts a pale fingered hand to touch the 
    blood streaming down his face. A manic gleam enters his eyes, and he steps clear 
    of his would-be executioner.

In a quiet voice that carries across the globe, Tenith'oru speaks, "Your 
    better?"

Tenith'oru contemptuously tosses his scythe to the ground at Agith'tai's feet.

In a quiet voice that carries across the globe, Tenith'oru speaks, "You are 
    insignificant."

The aged Tsol'teth lets his cloak fall to the ground, revealing him in all his 
    frailty. Near-skeletal thin, bones protrude, casting stark shadows across his 
    near-translucent skin.

Even as the dark cloth flutters to the ground, Tenith'oru reaches his hand to 
    the side, an oppressive weight descending upon Achaea.

In a quiet voice that carries across the globe, Tenith'oru speaks, "You have 
    taken from me, aberration. Taken what is mine. You are but a mewling sibling 
    disported in castoffs."

In a quiet voice that carries across the globe, Tenith'oru speaks, "I have 
    burned the world for less."

• Thankyou  <3
  • Did Parni ask @Jarrod to borrow that, even? Like... how rude
  • Aegoth said:
    Did Parni ask @Jarrod to borrow that, even? Like... how rude
    Well, he's of the line of Nicator, and his HONOURS says that he was its last true wielder.

Presumably, that means he can take it back whenever he wants, and all the wielders in "modern" times have just been "custodians" or something similar. Basically, he is its rightful wielder, not somebody who wins a few contests every fifty years.
    - (Eleusis): Ellodin says, "The Fissure of Echoes is Sarathai's happy place."
    - With sharp, crackling tones, Kyrra tells you, "The ladies must love you immensely."
    - (Eleusian Ranger Techs): Savira says, "Most of the hard stuff seem to have this built in code like: If adventurer_hitting_me = "Sarathai" then send("terminate and selfdestruct")."
    - Makarios says, "Serve well and perish."
    - Xaden says, "Xaden confirmed scrub 2017."

• Shirszae said:
    I pretty much bawled when the sorceress kid died :(
    This, I really tried not to let it show IC, but thiiiiis.
  • KlendathuKlendathu Eye of the Storm
    The memorable part of the whole thing was somone asking on Ashtan CT, "Who or what is Nicator anyway?" I won't name and shame, but much incredulity prevailed from the onlookers.

Tharos, the Announcer of Delos shouts, "It's near the end of the egghunt and I still haven't figured out how to pronounce Clean-dat-hoo."
  • KresslackKresslack Florida, United States
    Klendathu said:
    The memorable part of the whole thing was somone asking on Ashtan CT, "Who or what is Nicator anyway?" I won't name and shame, but much incredulity prevailed from the onlookers.
    This makes me believe it was a somewhat seasoned player, and that would be a shame.

• Klendathu said:
    *raises hand*

I had to ask who this Parni deSangre guy was.