Theme Music!

I worked with a composer to put together theme music for Iron Realms itself, which is what you've been hearing on firing up the HTML5 client until today, as well as theme music for each individual game. You'll find that the HTML5 client has Achaea's music in it now, but here are links to all the pieces I had composed. Enjoy!

http://www.ironrealms.com/sites/ironrealms.com/files/music/midkemia.mp3

Comments

• AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Woah.  Achaea has music.  O_o
  • OMG loved Lusternia
  • Achaea's is good too btw ^.^
  • AmanuAmanu Forge Tree
    Nah, Might as well have a scent for each City, Order, and Divine.

• Sartan's would just be pure hyrdofluoric acid. 'Suffer to smell good.'
  • VayneVayne Rhode Island
    I always though glacial acetic acid was more pungent.
  • I just picked the strongest acid I knew off the top of my head. :/
  • AgriasAgrias Wisconsin
    Effing nerds.
  • MishgulMishgul Trondheim, Norway
    i have the morrowind theme playing in the background. It makes everything feel epic.

-

One of the symptoms of an approaching nervous breakdown is the belief that one's work is terribly important

As drawn by Shayde
    hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succurrere vitae
  • Wow. Fantastic. Thank you for sharing/creating or whatever. 
  • NizarisNizaris The Holy City of Mhaldor
    Vayne said:
    I always though glacial acetic acid was more pungent.
    I personally prefer fuming aqua regia.
  • http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/neverwhere.html  If Neil Gaiman can have a scent, maybe Achaea's classes/houses/gods can too!
  • edited November 2012
    Eargasms, over and over!

Achaea: inspired by Game of Thrones? Regardless, the music was very in-your-face, well-suited for the flagbearer game of IRE.
    Aetolia: was a bit too happy. I was expecting a li'l bit of doom and gloom, or foreboding. It didn't fit quite as well as the rest.
    Imperian: very imposing, specially the wardrums, and more notably, the wardrums in the end. Gives you a feeling of a coming disaster.
    Lusternia: nearly perfect. The haunting vocals at the beginning sort of herald something epic, and Lusternia fits that description pretty well.
    Midkemia: subtly unique, with many elements in the score reminding me of big-budget movies, and those bits and pieces formed into something uniquely Midkemian.
    IRE: for me, the pace was very LOTR, which is a very good thing because it kinda ties up everything, music-wise, across all the games.

All in all, this is another great step forward for IRE. I really cannot stress further how I enjoy the games, even if I barely have time to play nowadays. Great work, really, really great work @Sarapis and co!
  • Well, I wasn't inspired by the Game of Thrones music at all, but it's certainly possible our composer was. He tends to draw inspiration from music for games more than music for movies though. Jeremy Soule (famous video game composer) is one of his idols.
  • A happy coincidence then. It ain't bad at all, I just drew some similarities, and I haven't even watched Game of Thrones since season 1 ended. Pretty nifty work, still.
  • This is all pretty brilliant. I had enjoyed the music on the HTML5 Client. Now I have it available outside of that.

A+
  • Agrias said:
    Hermes - Why not get lucky tonight?
    Bal'met Fragrance, made from real divine essences.

"You won't need luck."
  • AktillumAktillum Philippines
    You could totally rap over this beat.

• Awesome music. I liked Aetolia's best.
  • edited November 2012
    The composer obviously knows her/his craft. The music is very well orchestrated. Production sounds excellent and far from amateurish. Effects are used optimally, and thematic and harmonic material is surprisingly without many cliches commonly found in the stock music market. (Like shameless Hans Zimmer ripoffs and the omnipresent terror that is i-VI-III-V).

I remember my first orchestrated (and rather primitive) compositions about 5 years ago which were, incidentally, based on Achaea (Maim's mansion theme, Mhaldorian and Cyrenian theme, and a simple repetitive Savannah theme). The most common reaction was that it's like Final Fantasy music. Certain conventions are necessary in soundtrack theme music, and it's inevitable that it reminds people of something else in the genre.
  • JonathinJonathin Retired in a hole.
    edited November 2012
    I may have to use these in a script for when I'm in one of the cities. Do like.

ETA: Soon my Achaea shall have everything except graphics. I will work something out for voice overs.
    I am retired and log into the forums maybe once every 2 months. It was a good 20 years, live your best lives, friends.
  • Loving this as much as I love the Arcanum soundtrack. Excellent work!
    "Faded away like the stars in the morning,
     Losing their light in the glorious sun,
     Thus would we pass from this earth and its toiling,
     Only remembered for what we have done."

• Made a hunting UI that plays the cool new music :D

• edited December 2012
    I always used the Monster Hunter theme for Achaea, supplemented by a playlist with various orchestral versions of songs from JRPGs. Guess I'll add these to the list, though.

• I just wish the Achaen one was longer, I like it, but it's really unsatisfying to be listening to it and then it ends RIGHT when it's getting good and your really into it! Even if I do put it on replay...