Glooooooobes

SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
What'd you get? What's the mystery prize?

So far I got 2 caches, 36 cr, a taxidermied humgii pack and 17 lucky sips.

Comments

• I bought 5

11cr
    11k gold
    2 caches (40cr each)
    Bone Shrike (25cr)
    6 humgii tickets (4 have been used.  It was shit)

So.. not.. bad????
  • Just bought one cause way too much gambling over the last two months. happily got the bone shrike that I wanted
  • I'm buying them IG because my disposable income recently has been shit. If anyone is selling, let me know IG.
    Omor Ceberek - Targossas

got gud
  • I bought five because once upon a time I got the really cool wings in a Globe.

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a wooden box of parts. As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1665 gold sovereigns, a group of 18 bloodroot leaves, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken vial!

As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 810 gold sovereigns, a group of 21 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a talisman cache!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 540 gold sovereigns, a group of 32 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a wooden crate!
    As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 3825 gold sovereigns, a group of 15 ginseng roots, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a glazed, runic vial. As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 4410 gold sovereigns, a group of 28 bloodroot leaves, a group of 10 wood commodities, and an oaken vial!

Hmmm. Just realized I didn't look at the Parts.

Sold the Cache and trying to decide what to do with the pet.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• Looks about like what the gold values have always been. Not saying they couldn't stand to be higher, though.

• lol won't be buying globes.
  • Box of parts = 1-2 cr. Caches = 20-35 cr (can't redeem them for shit) vials = ??? are they arties??? Prolly sips of lucky??? Globes are.... uh.... very disappointing compared to last promotion. (Wherein I could buy 500cr and feel like I got shitty things but one thing was, at least, guaranteed to be worth 100cr on redeem.) If the globes were tied to buying cr, it might not be so bad as an extra promotional thing, but as it stands... 5 for $25 isn't really good, considering their prizes are... very lackluster.
  • Frederich said:
    Box of parts = 1-2 cr. Caches = 20-35 cr (can't redeem them for shit) vials = ??? are they arties??? Prolly sips of lucky??? Globes are.... uh.... very disappointing compared to last promotion. (Wherein I could buy 500cr and feel like I got shitty things but one thing was, at least, guaranteed to be worth 100cr on redeem.) If the globes were tied to buying cr, it might not be so bad as an extra promotional thing, but as it stands... 5 for $25 isn't really good, considering their prizes are... very lackluster.
    we can redeem those box of parts?! :o
    That is not an ordinary star, my son. That star is the tear of a warrior. A lost soul who has finished his battles somewhere on this planet. A pitiful soul who could not find his way to the lofty realm where the great spirit awaits us all.
  • I broke even or better as far as dollar/credits go on the globes that I bought. Depending on what I can sell things for, I might do much better.
  • Hrm, globes should be pretty good value. We'll definitely look at them though!
  • The only things I am displeased with are the racing tickets.

Globes, IMO, are supposed to have a guaranteed reward; I am supposed to get SOMETHING worthwhile when I open a globe. Racing tickets are all too often a globe full of nothing. I wouldn't mind it if there was a decent consolation prize for losing at the track or something, but it's irritating to get zero benefit out of a globe because it had tickets and you lost.
  • If you save up a decent amount of tickets (like 20+), you can guarantee a decent payout from them (>2cr per ticket minimum). Even with just 8 tickets, you can bet 1 on each humgii so you'll at least get something out of it.
  • @Lucianus

No, but you can sell them to people (which is the value I put for them.)

If it weren't for Seragorn buyin the damn caches, I would have been out $25 and only had like.. 50cr to show for it, if that.  Which is p. bad.  Last time I did globes (Back in june I think??? I did it with some birthday money)  I was extremely dissapointed with the globes I bought then as well.

Box of parts are not a 'reward' in and of itself, because it has a very limited usage, and to be frank, only certain people want them (Merchants have like 50 of them or some shit.  WE GOT TOO MANY).  If that in place of the gold, and the globe gave you another item in addition to that (or just credits) it'd be decent.

I just sort-of liked with 2 months or so ago, with the wheel, you didn't know what you'd get, but there was a good chance you might get something even remotely good.  One of the best prizes were fairy wings (WHO EVEN GOT THESE?!  I WANNA SEE EM), and a belt of aegis.  I saw numerous people get the belt of aegis, and numerous other smaller prizes that were still hillariously good.

Throwing in golden baggies that you can upgrade for every 5 purchased, and even at random in them, would be a decent idea to get them to feel like they're worth the money.  Else, people like Seragorn and whoever else will just be paying 20cr to purchase globes.  Which isn't inherently a BAD thing.. it's just that the rewards are p. subpar without anything else thrown at them to make them a better deal.
  • AhmetAhmet Wherever I wanna be
    Its also often more lucrative to bet on showing, not placing. Not always, but most of the times Ive had tickets it has been.
    Huh. Neat.
  • @Skye think that pack is the special item? How many items can fit in it?
  • SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    No the pack isn't the special item. The taxidermied humgii pack was from a previous promo already. Holds 100 items, no lid.

• SkyeSkye The Duchess Bellatere
    edited November 2016
    Ok opened another 5 globes...

One cache (mongoose fang & ozhera beak)
    a bone shrike
    box of parts
    30 artefact upgrade creds
    a tradeskill slot

I'm a bit underwhelmed. 

Also the caches seem pretty horrible for some people. To put into perspective. I've opened three caches now and apart from the two lily pieces, there have been a bunch of pet pieces. The only mongoose pieces I got were the fang so now I have 3 mongoose fangs.

In the first place, the hell-cat, mongoose and polka-dotted turtle were obtainable by the pet collections cache in the September Wheel, making the pieces essentially worthless when you compare opening a cache for a whole pet (there's probably now a bunch of them sitting in crates in various inventories) vs open a cache for a piece of a pet. 

I know @Mindshell opened 14 caches, 90% of which were dummy pieces. At least you could redeem the dummy pieces , the historical pet pieces don't even have a redeem value. 

Also I object to tradeskill slots being included as prizes on account of the slots being non-refundable and will basically sit unused on your person if you do not have the lessons or desire to have another tradeskill. I now have 11 tradeskill slots of which 8 are used. :/ 

• Makarios said:
    Hrm, globes should be pretty good value. We'll definitely look at them though!
    Much less than I feel they have been in the past, but I could be remembering wrong.

- To love another person is to see the face of G/d
    - Let me get my hat and my knife
    - It's your apple, take a bite
    - Don't dream it ... be it

• edited November 2016
    Yeah...I can understand the Wheel being underwhelming since players were able to purchase tokens with in-game credits, but frankly the globes should be giving much more interesting shit... We are spending RL dollars on this, not game-made currency. Gambling or not, it shouldnt be a gamble of "you lost your cash that you invested in the game in return for something of common/unnecessary value", but rather "oh look, you got something nice, it isnt as great as something else you can maybe get if you try again, but it is still nice!".

But yes, i'm in agreement, not buying globes for now.
  • I didn't get that many globes(20), but I got a better credit:dollar ratio out of them then I'd have gotten buying straight credits, and that's assuming that I trade my talisman pieces in for straight redeem value.

I think expectations for this one are just slightly skewed because the last two promotions were just flat out ridiculously good.
  • I agree with Nazihk. I bought 2 batches of 15 and the credit:dollar ratio is better, if not on par with flat % credit bonuses. 

I think the issue of poor returns are seen when you purchase only a few globes (ie. 5).
  • A tradeskill slot is awesome if you want another tradeskill, and OK if you don't want one but there's one you don't have that might be useful. If neither of those apply, it has very little value. They should be redeemable, if not for credits then at least for lessons.
  • Like.  If I got a tradeskill slot?  Great.  I'd likely buy it and take like... iunno.  Ink milling??? Nah.. uh...  plant gather-- no...

Nah.  I have 0 desire for another tradeskill on Frederich.  Simply because I dislike that "I am an independent character and dont need no one else".  I like my character having to rely on other people, simply because #JackOfAllTradesAndMasterOfThemToo is lame in an RP standpoint to me.  I likely won't buy another 5 lest they get a touch better (or.. at least less... random.  "I could get a box of parts.  I could get nothing.  WHO KNOWS!"

Also, @Nazihk the reason people are underwhelmed by this promotion is that you can't just directly get bonuses for buying credits.  2 months ago?  35% extra cr per purchase.  Last month?  Talisman piece every 100, every 500 you got an extra one worth like.. at least 100cr (if not more).  BOTH of which allowed you to use bound credits to purchase spins on the wheel.  Which was kind of great with it's prizes.. or you got a crook (which is still okay.  Not 25cr okay, but 'okay').

This one.. you can buy globes.  These globes are, roughly $5 each.. 5 for $24, etc.  Therein is the issue.

It doesn't generate credits and pumps them into the economy.  You're trading your irl money for a chance to maybe get something decent.  Which is a gamble.. but you aren't guaranteed to get your money's worth, or even the actual amount of cr you would have gotten if you had just bought the credits straight up.  The last promotion had a 'safety' of sorts.  Buy 100 cr.  You get 100cr ($40 usd).  This 100cr got you a talisman piece.  This talisman piece could range from 'meh' (6cr for the taper or signet, at TRADEIN)... to "holy shit" with the big bang items.  (And if you got the right mantle piece, you just got 1000 friggin cr).

This had a very low risk/reward for it.  It was a bonus to the promotion.  Buy 100 cr?  Hey, get a bonus talisman piece.  This gave a person CR that they could use as they please, to buy other talisman pieces, etc etc.  THis current promotion with globes?

It doesn't stimulate the economy, it's very high risk for very little reward.  Unless, of course, you open the 500th globe.. which implies that people are going to actually buy 500 of the damn things ($2300 in total if everyone buys the maximum of 50).  We still don't even know whats in the SUPER DUPER SPECIAL globe.  Hell, we don't even know what the prizes we can currently get out of the globes are besides figurines, 2 pets, and caches (historical is a hot mess too)...

I guess what I'm saying is, there's a ton of ambiguity that makes the globes a high risk, low reward situation, and clearing that up might improve the sells for them... but between the fact that we have to buy them, instead of just being able to buy credits and having them as an actual bonus (which is what I assume promotions are meant to be?  Promoting people to actually buy stuff), and incentive... these just feel like they're very, very 'meh'.  I'd sooner really wait for the mayan crown promos or another promo where I can buy cr and get bonuses, even if I really wanted CR.
  • Gosh these talisman caches are horrid though. My inner retard kicked in and started yelling at me when this scrolled by. "Hey look, you found your dummy family you big dummy!"
  • Especially with the fact that there is no tradein on Historical pieces. So if you can't sell them, you're stuck with pieces you don't want or already have.
  • edited November 2016
    I think the issue is, as has been said, that in order to really guarantee a decent return you have to invest a fair amount in globes. I spent a lot on the previous globes promotion - far more than I probably should have done, to be honest - but I did really well out of it between the actual rewards, trading talisman pieces, etc. (not that I don't still have a lot of shit stuck in my inventory from various previous promotions). Unlike buying credits, and getting them as a bonus, where you're guaranteed a certain return even on a small purchase.
  • I'm looking at this and the changes look A+.

It looking A+.

Will this be retro-active, @Makarios ?

- You will now always get a talisman cache if you get humgii tickets.

This is GOOD.  THIS DEALS WITH IT NOT GIVING A GOOD PAYOUT.

- Death talisman caches can now show up, for those of you that were hoping to complete that set next time globes came around. They're slightly rarer than the historical and marks sets.

Death talisman pieces.  Literally always a good thing.

- If you have 5 tradeskill slots already, you'll now get a talisman cache instead (guaranteed to be openable for any one of the three sets: marks, historical, or death).

Hella.

- Shop cart kits are now tradein-able for 5 bound credits.

ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

- When you get a shop cart kit in the globes, you'll also either get a talisman cache or a mayan crown. The crowns are more likely in this situation.

fuck yeah

- Historical talisman set pieces now all have a tradein value of 10 credits.

Well damn, this looks good too.
  • If you feel you didn't get what you should have before the update, you can contact me via message and I'll look over your situation and see what it looks like.
  • edited November 2016

09:28:52.150 The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 22 credits!

09:28:52.150 As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 2565 gold sovereigns, a group of 33 sileris berries, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!

09:28:52.150 = Sl Furl - hp 99%,Hl: 99%,Wd SE@24kts,Cr/Sp E@0,Sea Rough

09:28:54.382 The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a wooden crate!

09:28:54.382 As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 4275 gold sovereigns, a group of 35 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 steel bars, and an oaken vial!

09:28:54.382 = Sl Furl - hp 99%,Hl: 99%,Wd SE@24kts,Cr/Sp E@0,Sea Rough

09:28:59.188 The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 17 credits!

09:28:59.188 As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 4005 gold sovereigns, a group of 18 sileris berries, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 30 artefact upgrade credits!

As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1845 gold sovereigns, a group of 18 goldenseal roots, a group of 10 spools of cloth, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a wooden box of parts.

As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1125 gold sovereigns, a group of 31 sileris berries, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal a talisman cache!

As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 1980 gold sovereigns, a group of 13 sileris berries, a group of 10 coal pieces, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 17 credits!

You have been awarded with a talisman cache!

As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 4140 gold sovereigns, a group of 28 lobelia seeds, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!

The two halves of the globe split open to reveal 13 credits!

As the two halves fade away, you realise that you've also been gifted with 315 gold sovereigns, a group of 29 bloodroot leaves, a group of 10 pieces of rope, and an oaken vial!

For people who want to see the new rewards... here's my 8.

PS: The bolded one is bugged.  Will show you what I get out of it later.

Anyways.  Of the 5 I did buy...

30cr in artefact upgrade credits.
    2 talisman caches (are these death??? i don't know???)
    30 cr
    Box of parts (which will end up giving me a mayan crown.. or another cache)

So... roughly 170cr for $25, depending on my buyer.  THIS is muchhhh better than before, and I welcome our new globe overlords.

EDIT:

You have been awarded with the torso of a cowled dummy talisman piece!

09:42:55.633 You have been awarded with "the enchantment for a sycophantic shoulder cape" talisman piece!

09:42:55.633 You have been awarded with the tip of a vulture's talon talisman piece!

09:43:30.943 As you open an interlocked cache a bright light shines from within.

09:43:30.943 You have been awarded with turtle bait talisman piece!

09:43:30.943 You have been awarded with a mongoose collar talisman piece!